C2U5H's 2012 JK Rubicon — Miss Cheeto - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > C2U5H's 2012 JK Rubicon — Miss Cheeto

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #46
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmak View Post
Both those colors look amazing!
Would you be surprised to hear that he hates the color and wants to get it sprayed olive drab (professionally)? Yup!!

Back to the Cheeto-Mobile, with Christmas coming up and a few Jeep-related items on the list, I may be able to actually update this thread with a mod or two.

Some small things like grab handles, a Q-tec rear cargo liner, hood wranglers, but most importantly is upgraded headlights. A pair of Cibié reflectors loaded with 85/80W Osram +50 H4 bulbs from DanielSternLighting.com fed by a Susquehanna Motorsports (RallyLights.com) HL28130J wiring harness. [EDIT 7/5/12: went with the Truclite Phase 7 LED headlamps.] I had pretty much the same thing in my TJ before I butchered them by throwing and HID kit in. Blasphemy. I really wish I'd just man up and make the harness (I really could), but I want to do the JK right, and adding capacitors into the harness isn't really my gig. Damn CANBUS.

An sPOD is also in my future. I'm transferring my 7" HID off-road lights (now branded by Rugged Ridge) that I used on the TJ over using some basic light brackets, and I'll be chopping the bumper soon. [EDIT 1/1/12: I've decided against the sPOD ... it's really nice, but too expensive. I'm good with electronics and can do it on my own the way I want it with the Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch pod and toggles. The relay harness I got from Ray at Susquehanna MotorSports includes a third relay in addition to the two high/low beam relays for the Cibié headlights, which should be all I need for a little while here].

Other than that, things are great with the JK: I'm still impressed by the engine, regardless what others say.

C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #47
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Really nice rig. I usually don't like loud colors, but I love orange crush, it looks great on the JK.

Hurry up with the mods

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #48
Matoskah
2012 JK Wrangler 

Love your Ruby. Here is a few photos of my Sport. As you can see I switched tires and wheels. Add several Mopar Accessories: Black fuel door, side steps, tail light guards, grille inserts, bug shield a trailer hitch with 4 way wiring, sfot top boot, cab cover, tubedoors, and slush mats!

Last edited by Matoskah; 01-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: delete photos
Matoskah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoskah View Post
Love your Ruby. Here is a few photos of my Sport. As you can see I switched tires and wheels. Add several Mopar Accessories: Black fuel door, side steps, tail light guards, grille inserts, bug shield a trailer hitch with 4 way wiring, sfot top boot, cab cover, tube doors, and slush mats!
Looks good! Love the Crush, still. Did you get the wheels/tires from a special edition that came with the black/graphite wheels? I'll be doing that as well with mine in the future ... probably get mine powdercoated. The black & orange are made for each other. The fuel door looks good, but the light guards and side steps aren't for me: I usually rip that stuff off when I'm in the rocks. Learned that the hard way with the TJ.
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #50
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

So I got some of my Jeep gifts put on and waiting for some others to come in! Here's the status, and I'll have pics of everything I've put on up to this point after I get the headlights in. Quadratec was happy with me:
  • Two 3" Corbeau grab handles - installed these on the driver/passenger sides and they're great. Kinda hard to get a grab handle wrong: they're secure and comfortable.
  • Quadratec Ultimate All Weather rear cargo liner - waiting for this one still as it's on backorder. Will be great in the winter to take the rear seat out and just throw the wet ski gear in after a day on the mountain.
  • Daystar Hood Wranglers - it says in the instructions that they should be installed when the ambient temp. is 70 degrees F or warmer, so they'll sit until Spring comes.
  • Quadratec aux. light mount brackets - these came to me in horrible condition and I was a little disappointed. The mounting hardware looks used and rusted, and the carrier bolts had the nuts already fully installed ... they are Nylock nuts. One time use -- once you install them, the plastic deforms and the nut is useless to retain torque after that. Kinda stupid of them if you ask me. I'm going to be replacing the hardware anyway. The brackets themselves are covered poorly and had chips on them with rust starting. I'm going to take them to work, media blast them, and get them sealed with train enamel. I'll be mounting the older 7" HID driving lights I had on my TJ on these.
  • Clover Patch Window Roll - should help keep those tinted soft top windows scratch-free for a few months, haha. Well made, but won't be able to use it until the temperature gets up there in the Spring.
  • Last, but not least: some H4 Cibié headlamps with 75/60W Osram +50 bulbs from Daniel Stern, and a custom Susquehanna MotorSports relay harness with a third relay for the driving lights mentioned above. Thanks Ray!! The stuff from Daniel is coming next week probably since he was sick over the holidays, and I got my relay harness from SMS last week. VERY well made!
So hopefully the next update will have lots of pics!
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #51
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Love the color man with the graphite wheels, it looks really good
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #52
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250ex View Post
Love the color man with the graphite wheels, it looks really good
That one's not mine, but I agree: the graphite Moabs are in my future!
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2U5H View Post
That one's not mine, but I agree: the graphite Moabs are in my future!
My bad lol I just looked over the pictures again, but the first picture of it coming off the trailer looks like graphite grey to me.
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #54
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well, I'm starting to get my crap together for this lighting upgrade. Going to place an order at McMaster-Carr for switches and some misc. items. I'm going to be using the Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch pod (using my own switches, of course) and load it with two three-position SPDT toggle switches for lights (on with high beams, off, switched ignition on), and two two-position SPST toggle switches for anything I might want to add in the future (locker/ESP defeat?). The each toggle switch will have a sealed boot for protection and an LED indicator lamp. Hopefully the LEDs aren't too bright at night since they're going to be mounted up near eye-level — we'll see. May have to change them out for incandescents if they are. [EDIT 1/5/12: I also realized that I'm going to have a hell of a time working on the switch pod in the future, or if I need to get it off with all the connections, so I'll be using an eight-pole Deutsch DT connector for easy removal].

For the HID driving light connections, I'm going to be using two-pole [EDIT 1/5/12: Deutsch DTP connectors] (OEM quality) for easy removal. I hate crimp on quick-disconnects now. The expandable mesh sleeving is for any wiring that need to be cleaned up, and will be sealed with heat shrink tubing. Should look OEM.

The Susquehanna MotorSports relay harness is straightened out and getting limber in my apartment so it's easy to install (15ºF this morning ), the Cibié headlamps and Osram light bulbs should be here this or next week.

I'll be installing the relay harness first, then the switch pod, then install all the lighting. The Quadratec light brackets will be installed at that time, and while the grill is off I'll be doing the grill and blinker mods as well.

Lots to do! Just have to gather all my supplies first.
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Drew up a quick wiring diagram for the plans ... [EDIT 1/5/12: Changed to Deutsch connectors].

[EDIT 7/5/12: To see updated schematic and plan, click here].
jk-wiring.jpg  
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #56
attentionwhore
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great color, I like the crush better than the dozer too. I am local to you and my wife actually works in G-burg at the animal hospital. You should check out the club I am in, Blue Ridge Jeepers, the site isnt that active but we do have monthly events.
http://blueridgejeepers.ning.com/
attentionwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #57
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Finally got some pics of the smaller things I've thrown on ... I won't even call them mods.

Quadratec rear cargo mat: rear seat out, up, and down. Had to cut out four holes for the rear seat brackets, and one for the subwoofer. Took about five minutes with heated knife. Fits great but I foresee it gouging easily by how easy it was to cut the holes out, even with a cold knife. No matter: not like I'm hauling bricks in it or anything. Will retain liquids and mess well.

Quadratec front and rear passenger liners, MOPAR sill gaurds, and 3" Corbeau grab handles:

Unread 01-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #58
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Love the little interior things myself, ties it all together.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #59
JDCS
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's looking good. I decided against Crush....and purchasing from Len Stoler all together. Instead I got Silver and a little bit extra.
I'm working on my mods list as well. Just got the ARB diff covers today and will be putting those in sometime soon. Just ordered a Trektop NX today too. Just four more things on my list.....so far!
Love the way the Crush is turning out!
405869_2595250289947_1515392934_32479390_546538864_n.jpg  
JDCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #60
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

So been a little while since I've been able to do anything: generally busy at work, took an epic ski trip to SLC, Utah (hit up Snowbird, Brighton, Park City, and Solitude), and broke the 5th metacarpal in my right hand playing box lacrosse two Fridays ago. So in addition to not having the money I want right now (common problem), it's hard for me to do much of anything with my right hand, wrenching-wise. BUT, don't fret! Work is on its way since my 27th birthday is approaching (March 4th).
I'll finally be able to install the Cibiés soon (though the new TruckLite LEDs look sweet, ugh), as well as get the switch pod and associated supplies ordered. Unfortunately, not really any Jeep-related presents on the way (iPod nano and race stands for the Buell instead). Priorities! Been using my Droid X as a music player for the past two years and it SUCKS!

So fear not, updates coming.

Nice rig, JDCS — why not Len Stoler? Are those Duratracs I see (how do you like them)?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.