BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #46
ekpowell
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJeeping
Got my sliders on last weekend, no good pics yet. Thinking about trimming out my front fenders into flatties since they are already beat up and bent in the front of both. Also planning to install my Lock-Right this weekend as it came today.
I am thinking about getting these. Please when you get a chance put up some photos. I am replacing rubicon rocker guards. The previous owner put Bushwacker flat flares on. The are practically brand new and not worth replacing until I damage them. I just don't want to have to try and trim or modify them for the rocker guards. I think they have very similar profile as the Oem flares. Once installed can u measure the distance from the edge of the door opening to the top of rocker plate, the actual height of the rocker guard and then the length at bottom and length of the top. This will give me some idea if they will fit for me. How was the installation?

ekpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #47
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpowell View Post
I am thinking about getting these. Please when you get a chance put up some photos. I am replacing rubicon rocker guards. The previous owner put Bushwacker flat flares on. The are practically brand new and not worth replacing until I damage them. I just don't want to have to try and trim or modify them for the rocker guards. I think they have very similar profile as the Oem flares. Once installed can u measure the distance from the edge of the door opening to the top of rocker plate, the actual height of the rocker guard and then the length at bottom and length of the top. This will give me some idea if they will fit for me. How was the installation?
The distance from the top of the slider to the bottom of the door is about 3/4". The height of the slider up the side is about 6". The length at the bottom is 46" and the length at the top is 52 3/4". The installation wasn't bad. Just make sure you have a jack to preload the sliders before marking the holes to drill. It makes a difference from just holding them up there. You will need a small holesaw (I used a 1 1/4") to cut a hole in the inside of your tub to access the back of 3 screws per side to put the nut on it. Two of the holes are toward the front of the door opening where you can tell they will be inaccessible. The third hole will need to be right under the seat belt thing at the rear of the door opening. I'm going to put the rubber floor plugs into those holes to seal them up; they fit perfectly. The sliders also come with backing plates to reinforce, which many other companies require you to buy separately. I have no complaints with mine.

Here's a pic right after installation sans a couple screws:

I'll put more pics up later on. The Jeep has been under the knife for these sliders then a locker so I haven't had much time.
NCJeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #48
ekpowell
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJeeping
The distance from the top of the slider to the bottom of the door is about 3/4". The height of the slider up the side is about 6". The length at the bottom is 46" and the length at the top is 52 3/4". The installation wasn't bad. Just make sure you have a jack to preload the sliders before marking the holes to drill. It makes a difference from just holding them up there. You will need a small holesaw (I used a 1 1/4") to cut a hole in the inside of your tub to access the back of 3 screws per side to put the nut on it. Two of the holes are toward the front of the door opening where you can tell they will be inaccessible. The third hole will need to be right under the seat belt thing at the rear of the door opening. I'm going to put the rubber floor plugs into those holes to seal them up; they fit perfectly. The sliders also come with backing plates to reinforce, which many other companies require you to buy separately. I have no complaints with mine. Here's a pic right after installation sans a couple screws: I'll put more pics up later on. The Jeep has been under the knife for these sliders then a locker so I haven't had much time.
Thanks. That helps. It's the top measurement. That kills me with the stupid bushwacker fender flares the PO put on it. They are practically new and not worth replacing yet but I have 52" to play with or I will have to try and trim them or slide the edges of rocker guard under the flare which will won't look that good. I am trying to avoid having to do that but these were a good price.
ekpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #49
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got my D30 Lock-Right in this past weekend. The locker installation went smoothly with no problems but I had about 1000 unrelated issues that caused it to be a two-day project. The axle shafts were frozen in place with rust but nothing a sledgehammer couldn't fix. Then after everything was back in place I went to put the calipers back on and one side barely fit and the other was too decompressed. After trying everything to push the caliper piston back in I thought it had frozen. So we completely removed it and ended up getting it back in with a c-clamp. Since we took it off, we needed to bleed the brakes. No biggie. Until we got to the passenger side bleeder which would not budge. After penetrating oil, freeze off, a breaker bar, and vise grips, the nut rounded off completely. So just bled the driver side as much as possible. I'm going to get the brake fluid completely changed and the bleeder fixed on Wednesday. The locker is very quiet and I do not notice it's there at all in 4wd. Hopefully I can test it out offroad soon, I have high expectations!
NCJeeping is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.