BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #31
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Removed my black grill inserts and sold them along with my old plastic fender covers. They came with the Jeep so that's free money in my pocket. Then I washed her today.

NCJeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #32
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got some upgraded pads and Centric rotors installed today. Just drove home from the shop and it started pouring down rain, so I don't have much to report. Will update later on.
Unread 05-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #33
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did the first half of break-in for the brakes per the Black Magic Brakes directions. Leaving them overnight and doing the rest tomorrow.
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #34
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

After a few days with the brakes, they seem to be getting better and better! A lot better than my old stock ones. It was definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
Unread 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #35
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm about to pull the trigger on some new rock sliders but have come to a bit of a crossroads. I have it narrowed down between Moab Fab's slider with tube step (steel) and Big Daddy Offroad's slider (aluminum). The price difference isn't too much, ~$290 for Moab Fab and ~$250 for Big Daddy. I like the fact that the Big Daddy's are aluminum and around 12lbs per side. However, they don't cover as much underneath as the Moabs. I'm also not sure about having a full aluminum slider. They resemble the Savvy sliders except the Savvys are a steel/alum mix. Will the weight savings with the Big Daddy's be worth it or should I just go for the tried and true steel Moabs?
Unread 06-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #36
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling at Uwharrie on Saturday and had a blast! It was my first time out there and surely won't be my last! Now I know what people are talking about when they mention the dust. We had 6 rigs in our group, 5 (inc. me) of which were part of my club, the Offroad Club at NC State. Only got a few pics from the day:

Unread 06-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #37
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Spent the better part of the day cleaning all the dust out of my Jeep from URE. Got my old vinyl rocker protectors off and drilled out all the nutserts from the factory splash guards. Touched up the bare metal areas with some paint in preparation for my new sliders from Moab Fab I just ordered. I'm stoked for them!
Unread 06-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #38
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sliders should be here Wednesday! Moab Fab has excellent customer service. I highly recommend doing business with them.
Unread 07-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #39
vstre

Loving the color! Great job man!
vstre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #40
Mulvihill64

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed! Looking Good
Unread 07-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #41
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstre View Post
Loving the color! Great job man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvihill64 View Post
Agreed! Looking Good
Thanks guys
Unread 07-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #42
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Brown Santa showed up 68 lbs of goodies today! I'm stoked that my sliders are finally here! These things are beefy and beautiful. My only gripe is that the box was a little beat up and had some holes in it. Somehow the baggie of hardware must've ripped because there were loose bolts and nuts rattling around in the box and when I flipped it over, two pieces came out. Unfortunately, I'm now short two bolts as they must've been lost in transit somewhere. I'm going to shoot Bryce an email and see if I can get some replacements. Not sure if the local hardware store has countersunk allen key bolts. I'm also waiting for another package of spacers that he accidentally left out of the shipment that should be here anytime now. Either way, these things are sweet and I can't wait to get them bolted up! What makes it even sweeter is I sold off my old sliders on Craigslist a few days ago for more than these cost.

Unread 07-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #43
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Should have the sliders finished up and mounted tomorrow. Praying for nice weather! Also just ordered a Lock-Right locker for my D30 from Rusty's Offroad on sale for $210. $17 shipping sucks though... but it was the cheapest to be had that I could find. I'm trying to get these last few mods finished up before heading back to school at the beginning of August.
Unread 07-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #44
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got my sliders on last weekend, no good pics yet. Thinking about trimming out my front fenders into flatties since they are already beat up and bent in the front of both. Also planning to install my Lock-Right this weekend as it came today.
Unread 07-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #45
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Going to install the Lock-Right in the morning with my dad. Kind of nervous since I've never done anything like this before. Hopefully it all goes well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.