BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BumbleBeast: 2000 TJ Build

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Went down to Tampa over the summer and stopped by Jeff's Jeep Yard. Awesome place with some sweet rigs.
[IMG][/IMG]

Also dropped the windshield for the first time. It was really awesome. Probably won't do it again until I get a front cage though.
[IMG][/IMG]

Tested my flex on a homemade "RTI" ramp. My front bumpstops are definitely showing their age and probably need to be replaced soon. Tires didn't end up touching any part of the fender but was within a fraction of an inch.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

NCJeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Finally made it out to Richland Rd this past Friday. It's a really old fire road with a surprising amount of obstacles and places to have fun. It was a lot better than I expected after reading about it online. Lots of creek crossings and rocks. Pics really don't do it justice, as always. I'm getting a group together to go again this Christmas break before I go back to school.

The rock face

Unread 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Saw some sketchy things out there as well...

Unread 12-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got Trek Armor seat covers for Christmas! These things are super nice. Waterproof and made in the USA! The are a little wrinkly right now until they form fit. Then I will tighten them down for good. Got the front pair on this morning and will get the rear on later. The build quality is unreal. Would definitely recommend. Each cover came with a MOLLE bag that you can attach on the back or side. Each cover also has two hidden zipper compartments. I'm really impressed by these.

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #22
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling again at Richland Rd with some friends and members of our Offroad Club at NC State. Had a blast out there. Things were a bit more difficult due to the rain a couple days before. I further realized my rig's weaknesses. A front locker is and has been a top priority. I've been researching and looking at Aussie's and am pretty confident that is what I'll go with. It will be able to transfer over to my HP30 once I find one and get started on it, which is good. My Duratracs did very well out there for an aggressive AT. Of course they caked up in the clay, but everyone's did. At the end of the day, I'm very pleased. Here are obligatory pics.

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #23
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

One of my friends got into a bit of a hairy situation. Slick, wet clay will get you. He ended up winching out.

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:27 AM   #24
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2HI - raise hell!

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #25
95riograndeman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great man. I am hopefully getting a TJ once my truck sells. Definitely considering the Duratracs now. On my YJ I had I ran BFG ATs but the Duratracs look better and seem more aggressive. Definitely Subscribed to this build. I thought I noticed a CB antenna on the back, where did you mount your CB in the cab?
Unread 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #26
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95riograndeman View Post
Jeep looks great man. I am hopefully getting a TJ once my truck sells. Definitely considering the Duratracs now. On my YJ I had I ran BFG ATs but the Duratracs look better and seem more aggressive. Definitely Subscribed to this build. I thought I noticed a CB antenna on the back, where did you mount your CB in the cab?
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. Thanks though man! I really like my Duratracs and they've served me pretty well so far. My CB is located on the top of my dash next to my gauge cluster. I used the Rugged Ridge mount and it was pretty cheap and works for what I need it for.
Unread 05-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #27
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some random pictures since I've been away at school and have been busy and haven't updated this any. I got bored and tested my articulation on this wall at my house.

I also managed to get it way too muddy playing out at a local spot. I am really getting over mud... not a big fan anymore. It takes so long to clean and you can never get all of it. The OCD part of me that has to have a clean undercarriage doesn't like it much either.

Then the "Snowpocalypse" of Raleigh hit. Much chaos ensued and many people acted as if the world was ending. So the Offroad Club and I went out and helped people get unstuck. The snow was definitely a lot of fun to drive around and drift in though.

Unread 05-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #28
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I decided I'm going to sell my current rock sliders and pick up a pair of A to Z Fabrication sliders to replace them. I like my current ones but prefer the tub mounted kind and want to have more clearance. I also plan to pick up a LOKKA for my D30 sometime in the near future. For $198 to my door and being the same thing as an Aussie, you can't beat it. I'm still considering the idea of putting one in the rear D44 as well. Selectable lockers are out of the question for this build as they cost more than I want to spend and I'm on a pretty tight budget. For only $225 for the rear LOKKA, it is pretty tempting. However, I haven't heard many testimonies from people about having lunchbox lockers in the rear. It's probably not very common. The other option would be a Detroit, which is roughly twice the price. I still have a while to decide on that though.
Unread 05-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #29
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

NC State has 2 Yellowfails now? How unlucky!

(If you don't get the yellowfail joke just ask Seth)

Lunchbox lockers in the front are awesome. Lokka isn't a very well known brand and I haven't heard much about them, but at that price it is hard to beat. I advise you not to put one in the rear though. Between the short wheelbase and the straight drive you will hate it. At least do a Detroit, it will be much better behaved. I have one in the rear of both of my Jeeps and love them. They are nearly invisible as long as you keep your tires gauged.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #30
NCJeeping
2000 TJ Wrangler 

State is crawling with yellow Jeeps, but mine and Seth's are the coolest, of course. I figured as such about the Lokka in the rear. I'll just go for the Detroit when I get there. I'd rather go with something proven than take a gamble and hate it, especially with it being in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.