build thread, a year later 01 XJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > build thread, a year later 01 XJ

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #46
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

got the passenger side dont today! thank god it was dead at work and semi warm out!

sanded with 800grit

taped off and coat one

done!

hopefully it will be nice enough tomorrow to take off my wheel spacers and paint my wheel wells black, seeing color under there is bothering me.

and a teaser of my next project. HID flood/reverse light!

enjoy, what do you guys think so far?

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #47
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet XJ. I like the lower portion of the body in the black, goes well with the maroon. Great Job.
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #48
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP97TJ View Post
Sweet XJ. I like the lower portion of the body in the black, goes well with the maroon. Great Job.
thank you! i got lots of little things to do over the winter before i move to socal i hope i get it all done!

Unread 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #49
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

washed and waxed it yesterday and took some flex shots

not full flex, that bank in front of my house isn't big enough. 2 inches from the front bumpstop, no where near in the back

Unread 12-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #50
91xjgawes

looks really good bud, i like everything but the spacers the 4 inch backspacing is plenty. everything though looks great keep it up!

2001 xj- 2 inch bb moabs

1998 zj 5.2- 245/75's moabs
91xjgawes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #51
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91xjgawes View Post
looks really good bud, i like everything but the spacers the 4 inch backspacing is plenty. everything though looks great keep it up!
yea the spacers are coming off. a friend is buying them. i haven't had the chance yet.

Unread 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #52
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Love the Jeep BMX, looks very similar to mine, very good looking. I would suggest one thing though, paint those end caps. Not a big fan of faded end caps. Cant wait for the HID light your doing.
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #53
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Great lookin XJ man, I agree with mg2000xj though, get some krylon fusion for those end caps. Love those KM2's
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #54
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

yea they dont look right faded now that everything else is black

Unread 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #55
MB98XJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow man. Good work on the Jeep. Everythings looks great. The only bad part is all the stickers, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, I'm pretty jealous.

JEEP CHEROKEE LIMITED 1999 BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR 4X4
MB98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #56
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB98XJ View Post
Wow man. Good work on the Jeep. Everythings looks great. The only bad part is all the stickers, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, I'm pretty jealous.
yea i'm startign to get a little old for stickers, maybe i'll take some off. thats why they are all on the glass, easy removal. i'm lazy tho.

Unread 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #57
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

just ordered one of these

Unread 12-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #58
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just read the build up. Nice XJ ha yeah those leafs do look a little stiff for the coils. It could be the ramp though. I had the opposite problem when I did my XJ build because the front coils were 180 lbs and were still new so they weren't broken in yet, while the rear coils were the stock 150 lbs but were 3" of lift and used and broken in, so my rear flexed really well while my front took a few trips to get worn in. After that it felt pretty equal front/rear. Eugh that was back when I didn't know what I was doing though I like your XJ though, just needs some more wheeling pics to go along with all these parking lot pics lol jk.
chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #59
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and p.s. If you are still looking for a HP D44 Ford front end, get one out of a F-150 pre-1978. (The 1978-79 used the forged wedges, while other years used weld-ons, so you would just cut them off like a leaf spring wedge.) Here is an awesome link that tells you everything you need to know about a Dana 44. It was where I was learning all the mods I wanted to do to my old D44. Chevy Flat-top knuckles for High steer, which high-steer arms I wanted to use, how to do the disc conversions. (My axle was a 1969 so it had drum brakes up front.) K here is the link- Mr. N's Main Article Page (read the top 3 links. after I read all the stuff about it I just ended up deciding that I wanted a Ford 1 ton D60 so I sold my D44 and searched for a D60. bought it yesterday)
chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #60
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

Niceeeeee. I hope my xj looks that good when it grows up
los3rguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.