build thread, a year later 01 XJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > build thread, a year later 01 XJ

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #31
jerseyjeep01
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXxXJ View Post
cool man! wait up the expressway? doesnt it run east-west?
Well, its runs more like north west to south east.

The New Build:
2010 2dr JK 6 speed...
jerseyjeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #32
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ok so i got my KM2's on yesterday!

the tires were rubbing the fenders really bad. so i trimmed!

i had originally planned to just trim the first lip off so the factory mounting points would still eb there in the event that i need to put them back on.

but after driving around last night and this morning, i realized i hadn't trimmed enough. so today out came the angle grinder again! and i cut off the rest of the lip. my proteckto trim also showed up today (thanks to dirk at DPGoffroad.com!)

so i got to work!

just a tip, i found if i cut a slit to the point here i marked, and trimmed in two pieces, it was easier to cut around the fold at the lower portion of the fender.

after cuttign i hit it with a flap wheel to clean up the edge. and applied the proteckto trim to make it look all purdy!

and the other side of course!

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr

Last edited by Vassago; 12-09-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #33
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

after i trimmed, i noticed my fenders were a little flimsy. so i bent some steel i had laying around the shop and made some support for both side and jbwelded them in.

pic was from a test fit, didn't bother to take a second one, you get the idea

also be very careful cutting!!! i skimmed my washer fluid tank a bit! didn't cut all the way through though, just nicked it!

i still have to trim the rear and grind off the rivets that hold the endcaps on. i'm on the hunt for pre-96 endcaps for the rear bumper. i don plan on doing the cut and fold mod on the lower quarters but i'm undecided on if that will get don tomorrow or if i'm goign to wait until i get a rear bumper. i also plan on removign the door trim as well. i bought textrured flat black paint for the bottoms of the doors and lower quarter for now.

Unread 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #34
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep01 View Post
Well, its runs more like north west to south east.
haha i gotcha, i was just messin anyways!

Unread 12-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #35
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

so tonite i found out i'll be getting HP dana 44 up front and a ford 9 inch rear out of a 78 bronco!!!! stoked! more work to be done over the winter!

Unread 12-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #36
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

got some more work today. just before the rain came!

removed the side moulding and set up a tarp just in case

trimmed the rear fender and sprayed the lower part with rustoleum textured flat black. i did this because i think herculine is too thick, i like this so far i did 4 coats, pic was after the first one. we'll see how it holds up.

proteckto applied and taping removed.

10 minutes after the paint was dry to the touch the rain came! i hope it sticks or have a lot of cleaning up to do!

Unread 12-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #37
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

nice build up .now we got to wheel together
Unread 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #38
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaab2 View Post
nice build up .now we got to wheel together
i'm down! gotta get the passenger side done yet tho!

Unread 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #39
spenzod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We have some similar jeeps!

Photobucket

I like your rig man
spenzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #40
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

thanks spenzod! i see you're from reno, cool town! i was there last febuary.

Unread 12-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #41
Rangerman28
1999 XJ Cherokee 

sweet build so far dude! how you liking your KM2s? ive had mine for about 4 months and i love em

99 Cherokee Sport- Forest Pearl Green, 4.5" Rustys, 33x10.50 KM2s on stock wheels, JKS Quicker Disconnects, and many more mods to come!
Rangerman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #42
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerman28 View Post
sweet build so far dude! how you liking your KM2s? ive had mine for about 4 months and i love em
i liek them, i haven't gone out and played with them yet. it's been raining all week and still need to finish trimming my passenger side. i almost died int he in the rain last night tho... but i think if i still had my A/T's on i def wouldve. i was doing about 40 down a back road got to the bottom of a hill and the road was flooded about 8 inches. scared the bejesus out of me

Unread 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #43
NWDave

When you go to the full width axles, you should be about the same width, track wise, as you are now with those wheels, and the spacers! Kind of sucks you'll have to buy some 5 on 5.5 wheels for the new axles though, oh well. Looks great!
Unread 12-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #44
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i'm actualy goign to take off the spacers. and i found out the HP44 off that bronco wont work easily enough because the radius arm mounts are forged! i may still grab the 9inch though. as of right now i'm on the hunt for JK rubi axles they are about 2" wider than the stock width. almost full size!

Unread 12-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #45
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

trimmed the passenger side rear today, pix tomorrow when passenger side is done

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.