build thread, a year later 01 XJ - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > build thread, a year later 01 XJ

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #151
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just curious, how do you like those hella's??

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #152
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i like em, using them more for fogs than anything else though. they're getting relocated to my a-pillars once i ugrade my headlights

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #153
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

wow sorry for lack of updates. been a rough spring! any way just picked up a set of lebaron vents off ebay. also replacing my fan clutch and replacing all my u joints and my front driveshaft soon. breaking **** delays plans

Unread 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #154
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

ok so i replaced my fan clutch and serpentine belt today. also noticed my passenger side u joint is shot!

so that will be fun. and my rear main seal has a little leak but its not horrible. just a few drops. the fun continues

Unread 06-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #155
1997_Sport

i just read ur hole build and i must say thats one sick sick sick looking XJ its one of my favorite colored xjs. Looks real good man,

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #156
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxncj18 View Post
i just read ur hole build and i must say thats one sick sick sick looking XJ its one of my favorite colored xjs. Looks real good man,
thanks man.

also i'm emailing back and forth with Mark from detoursusa about ordering his slimline smooth rear bumper with tire carrier

Unread 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #157
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

lebaron vents got shipped to me today, should have them by the weekend. Also, i'm trading one of my bikes for a complete TJ Rubi Front 44 without the locker since i decided on an ARB for the front. Now i just need a rear 44. (hint hint hotrod hooligan!) and i will be ordering ORO U-Turn Steering soon as well as the detours rear bumper.

busy busy busy. i really need to get a different DD for all this work i'm going to be doing!

Unread 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #158
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

vents showed up in the mail today, painting them tonight, hopefully cutting this weekend!

Unread 06-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #159
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

got the lebaron vents on, pics in the morning, time for bed

Unread 06-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #160
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

ok pictures of the install. enjoy

before pic

vents showed up silver and dirty, here they are cleaned up.

black! i had left over krylon fusion from doing my endcaps.

then the rain decided to show up after i had waited for the vents to dry.

storm blew by quick, snapped a pic of lightning shooting by a rainbow. the picture does not do it justice, i dont know how i even caught it.

still a fear of more thunderstorms and not wanted to chance working outside, relocated to my buddies garage since i dont have one.

had to grind the hell out of the edges since i cut wayy too small, but better to cut too little than too much right?

Unread 06-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #161
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

took some outside pics in the suen today for a better view. i still have to pop them out and pain the edges and perfect the hardware. but it's 95% done. good enough to post

Unread 06-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #162
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
oh and my overhead console came in, that'll be the next little project. and thanks to CJ7tim for the install info on it!

hey just wondering where you got the overhead console?! i have been thi9nking about one and cant really find one i want one that i can install my CB in for a cleal look *** opposed to the bnnormal with all the weirs and the mounting bracket able to be seen, anyway any help that you could give me would be awesome!

wicked nice Jeep by the way. i really like the dark red!
BlueXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #163
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ00 View Post
hey just wondering where you got the overhead console?! i have been thi9nking about one and cant really find one i want one that i can install my CB in for a cleal look *** opposed to the bnnormal with all the weirs and the mounting bracket able to be seen, anyway any help that you could give me would be awesome!

wicked nice Jeep by the way. i really like the dark red!
i found it on ebay. semi random find. 40 buck i think it was. havent installed it yet though.

and thanks

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #164
03Jeeper

2003 TJ Wrangler 

just checked out your whole build thread, very impressed!
XJ looks sick man!
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #165
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Jeeper View Post
just checked out your whole build thread, very impressed!
XJ looks sick man!
thanks man. i think it's still on the mild side. so much more to go.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.