Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Budget Jeep

51K views 379 replies 41 participants last post by  Tenshots1 
#1 · (Edited)
Tenshot's "Metal Mistess"

Hey guys. My name is Garrett and i have had my jeep for 4 years. I bought it stock and have put these upgrades on it over time using christmas money and my job to scrape together any extra money i could get ahold of. I will attempt to show a quick history of my jeep with the little pictures i have, then i will show the total upgrades.

Jeep when i first got it:

After 2" spacer lift and 31" KM tires

After 4" Lift with old Tires

Start of Thread
Exterior
Lift: 4" Full Traction
Shocks: Rancho 9000xl front, Procomp Es3000 rear, ES2000 Steering Stabilizer
Tires: 33X12.5X15 BFG KM2's on 15X8 AR767 Rims
Bumpers: Stock, Front has brush guard attached
Side Protection:Smittybilt SRC rocker guards
Lighting: KC 100w fog lights on windshield mounts, Silverstar ultra-bright headlights
Misc: Hi-lift jack, CB firestik radio antenna, Black gas cap cover

Interior
4 Polk Audio waterproof speakers
Panasonic headunit
Cobra 29ltd Cb radio

Under Hood
K&N Air filter

I am continuously putting more on and will keep this thing updated! Also, i am looking for it to be sponsored in exchange for parts. Pm me if interested.

See less See more
#147 ·
This weekend i installed some lug sized lights on my spare for a creative 3rd brake light. I also got a new jerry can that was damaged from o'riellys for $30, so that was cool. It was a great weekend for cruising round with the top down!

I also measured my springs and it looks like they are about a 3" lift....i guess i gotta look for a new cheap set that will give me that 4" lift i wanted.

#154 ·
HEy guys. Need a quick tip. I just found some rear Bilstien 5100s in my area that i could probably get for around $50 for the pair. Here are the specs: BE5-6686-H5 (23.9"/14.9") = 9" travel It seems like it will work well with my 4" lift. It is usually for the cherokee though.

Do you guys think they will work? worth the $50 if the owner says they are close to new? I think so

Guy never responded. Never mind

#156 ·
Todays big find! A local here posted a bilstein 5100 shock on CL for a tj for $2. I said wow it doesnt matter how long this is, im gunna go pick it up anyway. Turns out, it is for a 4" lifted Tj and the guy was awesome and let me just have it for free! It is exactly what i wanted. The guy said he just blew his other one out so he bought fox shocks and thought he would let this go to a fellow jeeper. Needless to say, im excited. Im gunna mount it on my back left for now and if i like it, i will be ordering a right shock to match

#157 ·
Some updates: Finals are almost done, but that means i havent had time to install the new shock and see if i would like to order another. My birthday is at the end of the month. That gives me about a $300 jeep budget :highfive:

So far, i have just ordered small items. Like another jerrycan holder, some frame tie-ins for the bumper from BESRK, and a water plastic jerry can. Besides that, i have just been waiting to see any good deals on stuff on Craigslist.

Hopefully something will show up. If not, i am not sure what else i will buy besides the matching shock. I have always want flat fenders, so maybe i will look to MCE

#163 ·
Couple updates: I got my other jerry can holder installed finally along with the Frame tie-ins from Besrk. I also picked up a free black soft top from CL, although it has a rip in it so im not sure if i can get it repaired n make it work as a spare or sell it. Lastly, i got a 6.5" replacement subwoofer for my center console because the one i have now has been unplugged forever because it has been blown. It only cost $18 on amazon, so i am awaiting to test the quality.

#166 ·
I just got back from temecula where i visited mr.Blaine for some new brakes. I got new premium calipers, rotors, and pads! Hopefully i will be saying goodbye to my braking problems. Mr.Blaine was awesome and did the install for free on the spot(not that i cant do em myself but i figured i may have been doing something wrong). I will give an update on how these babys perform, but so far they look like they will be a great improvement.

#169 ·
Update: Got new springs for the aussie, but im not gunna have time to install it for awhile.

This weekend, i have been packing for next weekend's trip to Panamint Valley. In the meantime, i changed a TRE that was causing some problems and replaced a completely blown steering stabilizer. Man does my steering feel better! Plus, my pockets are lighter and therefore my jeep will be lighter on the trails.

#177 ·
UPDATE: C&C Fenders are in the mail! :2thumbsup: Got em for a decent bargain too! Thanks CSM41. This christmas is gunna be fun. Tube fenders and a locker all at once :eek:
If you run into problems with the C&C's let me know, you can take a gander at mine and get an idea of how they go in. The Aussie is pretty straightforward

Wished I could've made PVD but I'm in the midst of a double axle swap (HP up front and a big ol rear axle), outboarding, ram assist, suspension swap, some interior work and may pull off my bumpers and tire carrier; lots to do after getting a whooping at Johnson Valley :laugh:

Superstition is coming up in a few weeks, going to make it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.