Budget Build : JackWagon - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Budget Build : JackWagon

JKS Flex Connect in Actions!CCOR is Hiring! Athens, GA!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #76
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
It sucks indeed. But I will be watching.
Thanks Lou! There will be progress.. One of these days

I WANT WAFFLES..

AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #77
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well I made a decision. I'm going to rebuild it. I've recruited the enlistment of my brother Zane and a few of his friends to help me. That way I can sit back and chill. Since my back is fubared. I am supervising I'm just using then to take it out. Then it's going to a machine shop to get cleaned up and new rings an seals and what nots.

1 WEEK TIL ST. PATTY'S DAY
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #78
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well since I decided not to update in a while. Here's a pic of transformation.

YES.
Unread 04-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #79
8pitcher
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris
Well since I decided not to update in a while. Here's a pic of transformation. YES.

Looks stupid.....
Built Not Bought #640

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #80
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher
Looks stupid.....
yup

YES.
Unread 01-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #81
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey, you responded to my post in the lift size and xx size tire thread, youve got a killer looking jeep!

I ended up installing a bastard pack (got it in today), and I like the way it sits.

On your jeep, do you have spacers for your tires? It looks like they have a wider stance than mine, but I believe theyre both 12.5 wide
I wanted to do the flareless look on the rear, and I think yours convinced me too. I like the thread, Im gunna read through it when I get home
cwein23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #82
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwein23 View Post
hey, you responded to my post in the lift size and xx size tire thread, youve got a killer looking jeep!

I ended up installing a bastard pack (got it in today), and I like the way it sits.

On your jeep, do you have spacers for your tires? It looks like they have a wider stance than mine, but I believe theyre both 12.5 wide
I wanted to do the flareless look on the rear, and I think yours convinced me too. I like the thread, Im gunna read through it when I get home
Hey man. No I have 8" wide wheels with an insane amount of backspacing... I wasnt sure what was happening with mine... Bit I have 2.5" backspacing on a 158 wheel... Sitting on 3312.5 mtrs...
Unread 01-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #83
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Hey man. No I have 8" wide wheels with an insane amount of backspacing... I wasnt sure what was happening with mine... Bit I have 2.5" backspacing on a 158 wheel... Sitting on 3312.5 mtrs...
Im running 33x12.5 falkens, not sure the width of my wheels nor the backspacing, the PO put them on and not sure the brand or name of them.
And well I like the way yours looks, nice wide stance. I want to add spacers since Im rubbing on the leaves and also like the way the wide stance looks.
Unread 01-05-2015, 02:31 AM   #84
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Im running 33x12.5 falkens, not sure the width of my wheels nor the backspacing, the PO put them on and not sure the brand or name of them.
And well I like the way yours looks, nice wide stance. I want to add spacers since Im rubbing on the leaves and also like the way the wide stance looks.

I didn't know you had ash helping you guys, haha. But yeah Im still sick in with my Heep. Needs a lot of love right now
Unread 01-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #85
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah lol, and they all do.

Howd you cut the rear fender? Like whatd you use to trace the line? And did you just use a sawzall? All I have is a grinder with a cutoff wheel
Unread 01-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #86
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah lol, and they all do.

Howd you cut the rear fender? Like whatd you use to trace the line? And did you just use a sawzall? All I have is a grinder with a cutoff wheel
Thats all you use.. Get tj flares and trace the line from that...
Unread 01-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #87
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, Ill try to get my hands on TJ flares.
And okay Ive never cut the heep up and wasnt sure if the cutoff wheel would work since everyone says to use sawzalls, so thank you!
Good luck with the jeep and keep it up, it looks good!
Unread 01-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #88
W_A_Watson_II
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've got TJ Flares on my YJ with 33's, and I probably should have used the flares as a guide. I cut 1/4-1/2" past the line with a jig saw and then folded the extra over like the factory edge.

W_A_Watson_II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #89
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome! That looks good!
Im not even gunna run the flares since I dont need them in AZ, just want to cut it up rounded. I like the idea of folding the metal up some, hadnt thought of that.
Thank you, and what color is your jeep, I havent seen that, its subtle and looks good!
Unread 03-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #90
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well hello fellers, I've got some news...

The jeep is put back together. I've put about 50 miles on it last weekend, and discovered the carter is complete crap. Soooo I decided to weber it.. I bought a weber 38 dges for it and we shall see what happens next weekend.. Then I gotsa swap axles. For the 4.10 geared Dana 30/35... So all will be fun.
I'll get pictures of my pig in this thread next weekend. I'm very stoked for all the progress..

sent from my phone because I'm not turtley enough for the turtle club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.