Bryc's '00 WJ "Taupen" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bryc's '00 WJ "Taupen"

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

Bryc's '00 WJ "Taupen"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^MOST RECENT PICTURE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably about time to start wanna these!

Up first a little history:

This is me, Bryc

And ya see what I really like doing is this:

Yeah it's a '96 Impreza and yeah it's a Brighton (base model). Right now it's a rallycross car and hopefully going to be a stage rally car (expensiiiiive )

Which means that my Jeep budget is low but now worries they're still fun!

So on to the Jeep(s)
This is my ZJ, Geoff

Geoff was awesome

Buuuuut
In 2010 Geoff gave his life for me and I walked away with just a few bumps and bruises

Geoff.

I drove the Impreza for awhile but wanted another DD/tow rig/weekend off-roader so in 2012 I got a '00 GC Limited (V8, QD) aka Taupen.... 'cause he's ummm... taupe. (it's a color google it!)

This is the day a got Taupen

He had 4 mismatched and mostly bald tires, a t-case that was shot, a few other issues and 139k on the clock... but hey I paid $3.5k

Since I've had Taupen most of my money has gone to fixing s**t
Here's a fun list of stuff to fill your weekends with!:

-Shocks for lift gate/rear glass
-Blend door fix
-Driver window regulator
-Cleaned diffs and replaced fluid with RP
-Replaced both front CV axles
-Replaced both front wheel bearing/hup assemblies
-Replaced power steering HP line
-Replaced front DS
-Replaced trans fluid/filter

Oh and did I mention I've had the transfer case out 6 times in less than 2 years? Haha. Long story short; I rebuilt the first one, it never fully worked right and broke again after awhile and than I had alot of mishaps finding a replacement.
But hey finally got that worked out and everything's good so far!

My very short "mod" list (if you can call it that)
-BFG Rugged Terrain 245/70R16
-Rola roof rack
-Shovel mount
-Borla Pro XS muffler
-Akebono front brake upgrade with Mopar pads and EBC slotted rotors

Aaaand picture dump!

On some local off-road trails:

This is sort of a recreation of the black and white picture of the ZJ

And a video of said off-road trails

That's what I got so far. In the future there might be a slight lift and a few other things but probably nothing to extreme as I need this Jeep more for DD/tow use and my real focus is on the Impreza.

BrycHouse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

*reserved*
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

*reserveder*
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
NOVAXJ

2002 WJ 

Where are those wheelin pics at? I know since you are out in lexington by the mountains you have a lot more then I do at the coast haha

*edit* somehow I didnt see the video that said shoe creek haha, I need to make a trip out there sometime
NOVAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

Yep Shoe Creek near George Washington National Forest. About 45 minute drive from Lexington.
Come visit sometime, I'm always looking for people to go Jeeping with!
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
FunkyWJ
2001 WJ 

Always great to see a stock rig get wheeled to its full potential. Great pictures and great driving!
FunkyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

WJs are my personal favorite -- except for TJs of course, since I have one. I would love to pick up a Limited sometime though.

I gotta ask despite this being off topic, do you have a build somewhere for that Impreza? I really am interested in picking up a Subaru to rally for fun and replace the Jeep as a DD, but the WRX or STI models are way too above my price range to snag one up. Looking to whip one around and leave it mostly stock since I wanna leave most of my savings to the Jeep build. Kind of the opposite of what you're doing I guess! Are you happy with how your Subie performs on/off road?
sargeantbecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
schaef89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have the exact same color WJ Limited, only difference is the 4.0L instead of the V8.

One thing that I always found funny about the color was that I never know what to call it to auto shops so they know what car is mine. If I say "Taupe" they always give me a weird look until I just say "It's kind of brownish-silvery" lol
schaef89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyWJ View Post
Always great to see a stock rig get wheeled to its full potential. Great pictures and great driving!
Why thank ya sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeantbecks View Post
WJs are my personal favorite -- except for TJs of course, since I have one. I would love to pick up a Limited sometime though.

I gotta ask despite this being off topic, do you have a build somewhere for that Impreza? I really am interested in picking up a Subaru to rally for fun and replace the Jeep as a DD, but the WRX or STI models are way too above my price range to snag one up. Looking to whip one around and leave it mostly stock since I wanna leave most of my savings to the Jeep build. Kind of the opposite of what you're doing I guess! Are you happy with how your Subie performs on/off road?
I do have a build thread for the Subie but it's a little sad because it hasn't been updated in quite some time.
http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ight=lebe+frei

I got mine for $550 with 165k. It now has 195k and for the 30k+- I've had it I have driven the absolute piss out of it, rallycross, autocross, drifting around back roads in the snow and dirt. It's probably the most fun car I've had even though it's slow. Until recently the only major thing that broke was the clutch (which I suspects had never been replaced) but now it's having a trans issue so I bought my cousins Outback for $300 and I'm gonna swap the trans, diff and 2.2L from that into the Impreza... when I get some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaef89 View Post
I have the exact same color WJ Limited, only difference is the 4.0L instead of the V8.

One thing that I always found funny about the color was that I never know what to call it to auto shops so they know what car is mine. If I say "Taupe" they always give me a weird look until I just say "It's kind of brownish-silvery" lol
Haha I know the feeling. I hate to call it brown, I guess it is kinda brown but it's a much cooler color than what most people think of when you say brown. That's usually what I go with though since no one seems to know what the hell taupe is Either that or I just say the one with the roof rack.
Unread 11-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

Man I just realized when I organized photo bucket yesterday I screw up all my pictures. Will fix that soon.

*EDIT* Fixed. Think I got it back they way I had it haha.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
BrycHouse32
2000 WJ 

So to let you guys know how Taupen's day was today, this damage...

Is the least of my worries.
Looks like pretty soon I'll be putting more money into the Jeep than I thought.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.