Bruiser - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bruiser

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #766
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Whats the weight difference between the 38'' kevlars and the 37'' pbrs? Im assuming its got to be pretty close. Cant wait for more updates. The color and quality products really sells it to me.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #767
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

The 38" Kevlars weigh in at 78lbs each. The 37" pbrs are 99lbs

So much win

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #768
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Holy ****.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #769
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You may want to double check those weights. Good Year has the 38" at 85lbs (still very light) and Pitbull has the 37" radial at 90lbs. I spent a good amount of time with those guys on the phone about those tires.

Have you seen the 38" MTR/K in person? It is every bit of 15" wide. Cool tire, but it is super wide.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #770
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I was going off memory. You have the facts though.

And yeah, I've seen them. I will Havnt decided if this is the way I want to go. I can't settle on the idea of new wheels when I'm going to get trail readys down the road anyway.

Sent by Paper Planes

Unread 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #771
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was going off memory. You have the facts though.

And yeah, I've seen them. I will Havnt decided if this is the way I want to go. I can't settle on the idea of new wheels when I'm going to get trail readys down the road anyway.

Sent by Paper Planes
Don't get me wrong, they would look sick on your jeep, just know that it is a lot of tire (which I'm sure you do).

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #772
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

They're a super fantastic way to royally piss off your power steering pump
Hi I'm terry and I like boobs, sheep, knives, guns, mobile homes, bomber hats and FSJs and old novas, the Ohio state buckeyes, younger women, planes, porsches, semi trucks, guys who spell their name THom, women who love cats and Prius', men who play or used to play rugby, thigh highs, red heads, blondes, brunettes, brown heads, and the dimples right above the crack of a womans bottom.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #773
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is looking so good! ill do a better job following it.
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #774
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

in stock form my jeep weighed in at 4017lbs. my TJ stock weighed 3832lbs. my goal is to get this jeep rolling and 'done' on 37's with a max weight of 4700lbs with an ideal goal of 4500lbs.

if i had to guess, as it sits right now im probably sitting at 4050lbs tops. the removal of the factory rock rails and the addition of the nemesis rockers should add 30lbs or so. tire carrier would be another 60lbs, winch will be another 70. savvy bumper should see me drop a couple pounds. trusses, gussets and sleeves will add another 120lbs. and i expect the 37's to add a total of 75-85lbs.

that would put me right at theoretical 4410 unladen. i have a couple lbs to playwith there.

Unread 10-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #775
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

Hey Spyder, I am about to upgrade my suspension as well and wondering if you have done any research on Outboarding the rear shocks on the JK. I think this was one of the best suspension upgrades I made on my LJ and havent seen it done on JK's besides on those with wider axles and/or coil overs. Do you have insight on why this isnt really done in the JK world and curious if youll be going this route. I assume since the body is much wider vs. the frame on the JK you need either a wider axle, low back spacing wheel or both. I dont want to go this extreme yet as far as axles. Sorry if I missed it in this thread, lots of pages ot read through. I just thought I would think through this mod prior to installing my lift. I looking into getting the entire currie kit, minus spring, then going with 2.5" AEV spring and Bilstein 5170's.

Thanks,
Kevin
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #776
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarwall
Hey Spyder, I am about to upgrade my suspension as well and wondering if you have done any research on Outboarding the rear shocks on the JK. I think this was one of the best suspension upgrades I made on my LJ and havent seen it done on JK's besides on those with wider axles and/or coil overs. Do you have insight on why this isnt really done in the JK world and curious if youll be going this route. I assume since the body is much wider vs. the frame on the JK you need either a wider axle, low back spacing wheel or both. I dont want to go this extreme yet as far as axles. Sorry if I missed it in this thread, lots of pages ot read through. I just thought I would think through this mod prior to installing my lift. I looking into getting the entire currie kit, minus spring, then going with 2.5" AEV spring and Bilstein 5170's.

Thanks,
Kevin
Here is a post from some pages past:

Quote:
so i think ive decided on a direction to move towards. i think im going to put my Fox's for sale, but not actively try to sell them. ive already offered them to several people and they'd like to have them but they cant do anything till after the first of the year. thats fine with me as im not going to mount them till after that. the main decision behind this is that i really cant mount the rear Fox's like i want to - there just simply isnt enough room in the wheel well to outboard them like i had originally wanted to. i cant french the frame because the frame rail is flush with the body on the JK's, and i really dont want to go through the work to cut a hole in the wheel well and then try my hand at sheet metal work. as much as that would be the best solution, it doesnt really work for me in this time frame. plus, the way the anti-rock mounts now, really messes with the space behind the axle.

so, if they do sell im just going to do the std currie suspension with Wayne's tuned Fox IFP shocks - pretty much the exact same setup that Gerald runs on his JK - except mine is better.

otherwise, if they dont sell - by the time i get to doing the suspension i'll find a way to make them work. i may fab up a crossbar to go inbetween the frame rails at the top of the hump and run the shocks inboard (as much as i dont want to)

discuss.

here are some pictures for you guys to think about:

So, I still don't know. Hoping someone will have an idea

Sent by Paper Planes

Unread 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #777
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

THanks! sorry I missed that. Ill explore some options as well.

Since you have had some time to drive on the anti rocks now, how do you like them for both from and rear with daily driving? I am most likely going the Currie route but with a AEV2.5" springs adn bilsteins and have yet to decide on wether to get the anti-rocks or not. In other words, if you were able to figure out a solution to outboard your rear shocks, would you do that over the anti-rock?
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #778
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarwall
In other words, if you were able to figure out a solution to outboard your rear shocks, would you do that over the anti-rock?
Don't get me wrong, outboarding does provide some increased stability but it is not a replacement to a anti-rock sway bar. So to me its more a question of which one do you do first and how soon after can you afford the other.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #779
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Don't get me wrong, outboarding does provide some increased stability but it is not a replacement to a anti-rock sway bar. So to me its more a question of which one do you do first and how soon after can you afford the other.
This.

Looks like he'll have to move the bar in front of the axle to make room for shocks.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #780
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

With Connors help I may have found a place for the antirock infront of the axle. Details tonigjt

Sent by Paper Planes

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.