Bruiser - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bruiser

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #601
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

oh - yeah. i forgot to post about that. they sent me the correct ones, however i was unaware that the cup that holds the actual bumpstop requires about a 1/2" total of material ground off of it for the spacer to slip over it. the tolerances of the spacer are designed so that there are hundreths of an inch of clearance between the spacer and the actual bumpstop tower. so - i destroyed a spacer for nothing. however Jeff was kind enough to give me a handsome discount on the fresh pair that i ordered because he felt partially at fault for not giving me the heads up on the spacers.

i really wish Rokmen had more JK products, i love dealing with Jeff and everything they make is incredible.

my front Anti-Rock came today, as well as my new 20# Co2 tank. i'll post pictures of that later and the topic of the tank once photobucket isnt down anymore and i can upload the pics. its been down ALL day. retards.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #602
NKYBRAD

Yummy goodness!

1993 YJ - SOLD
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - In process
NKYBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #603
CombatChuk

Awesome read dude, I also have a 2012 JKU Rubicon (In Cosmos Blue Even) that I'm building up right now... No where near like yours, but I have a Metal Cloak game changer (No 6 pak shocks, just Old Man Emu ones) kit on the way.

Love the Cosmos Blue...
CombatChuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #604
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

anyhoo - aluminum front antilock = tits. its going on tomorrow night

tank - i now work for an medical and industrial gas company, so i got the in on cool ****. so i took the liberty of taking it upon myself to build a brand new 'powertank' for myself and pay half the price and get more awesomeness.

my first OBA Co2 tank as a 'The Source' tank, just a small aluminum 10# tank. it did a wonderful job. the only issue i ever had with it was when i got to 37s and it would only last 2 trips. especially when my peoples would see me fill a 37" tire from 3PSI to 30PSI in 20 seconds.

(just spent 15 minutes combing through my old build thread to find this pic. FU photobucket)

so i ordered a brand new made in USA Worthington 20# Co2 tank. fully twice as big as my last one, and shes pretty big. weighs 28lbs empty.

so its just a tank and valve right now, but over the next few weeks im going to get in a 150PSI Regulator for it, rock handle, mount, quick disconnects, hose, ARB chuck and im body matching the tank. thats right - i ordered 2 cans of Cosmos Blue today from the body shop, they'll be ready tomorrow morning for me to pick up. then the bottom 6" im going to do in bed-liner, since no one manufactures a tank boot for this size of tank.

anyway, the point is im going to have a little build thread on it. and from what my friends are saying to me, i should build them and sell them. so im building this one as it is right now fully as a proof of concept to present to my boss - if enough people want them and are willing to make a small deposit, ill do a run. im shooting to build this setup for under $300. considering its a 20# tank vs a 10#, which is the norm - I'm doing awesome. Powertank sells their complete getup for almost $500, for a 10 pounder.

so, if anyone is interested. doesnt matter the size. shoot me a PM and i'll let you know in the near future if this is going to take shape and can give you a rough estimate on cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatChuk View Post
Awesome read dude, I also have a 2012 JKU Rubicon (In Cosmos Blue Even) that I'm building up right now... No where near like yours, but I have a Metal Cloak game changer (No 6 pak shocks, just Old Man Emu ones) kit on the way.

Love the Cosmos Blue...
thanks man. i look forward to seeing some pictures of yours and what you have planned

Unread 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #605
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Will the builds lookin good. Keep up the good work!
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #606
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

well - i got sidetracked tonight and i wasnt able to get everything done i wanted to. hell - not even part of what i wanted to get done as far as the jeep is concerned.

buuuut i did make a little progress on the tank

last night i ordered paint and picked it up today, body match

got the tank prepped. quick surface rough with 320 grit and a wipe down with alcohol

2 quick passes with etching primer

cosmos going down

final clear coat

look at that shine

body matching would obviously be an option, an expensive one at that. just saying.

overall im really pleased with how the paint came out. I'm going to let it dry the whole weekend, and most of the beginning of next week while im on duty this weekend and find time to finish this up.

saturday night im stopping by at Tony's (FlatLander) and were going to throw the front spacers and the anti-rock on. hopefully everything will work.

Unread 09-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #607
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That tank looks great!! You did a great job on it.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #608
sxi4evr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

did you order that paint from the dealer or a DuPont supplier? also whats your sprayer setup? i'm painting my whole jeep that color, that tank looks great
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #609
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

ordered it from a shop in town called Bumper to Bumper. they're basically a private owned Moog shop. the Moog warehouse downtown mixed the paint for me, DuPont. im a PPG person, but im not going to complain about DuPont!

for this my sprayer was 2 rattle cans i had made for this instance. as i only have limited access at my dads where i do most of my work (i dont have my own garage) i cant break out my gun and compressor and go to town. my dad will have a fit in the next couple days when he finds the blue dust in the vicinity of my "paint booth"

Unread 09-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #610
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Ordered 3/4" LED turn signals and a pair of load resistors. What could that be for??

Sent by Paper Planes

Unread 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #611
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

uh oh now the trouble begins. side turn signals when going to flat fenders?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #612
woods9898
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i have to add some more acc to my jeep you guys have all the cool ish
woods9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #613
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps lookin good man that blue is kickass. I dont know much about JKs but those rear lower shock mounts are ridiculously low and basically in the rocks. Do you plan to address that?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #614
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ
Jeeps lookin good man that blue is kickass. I dont know much about JKs but those rear lower shock mounts are ridiculously low and basically in the rocks. Do you plan to address that?
They are really low, thankfully theyre kicked out pretty far and shouldn't get hung up too much. But yes, it will be addressed

Sent by Paper Planes

Unread 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #615
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Spacers just came. Let's try this again

Sent by Paper Planes

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.