Bruiser - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bruiser

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #211
SOLIDJP44
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scranton, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,472
why dont you just get the JEEP WRANGLER JK ROCKJOCK® III REAREND UNIT - 35 SPLINE - BOLT-IN, wouldnt that suffice, its not like your building a buggy or are you? high pinion Dana 60 ring and pinion gear set, Dana 60 35 spline carrier of your choice, and a bearing & set up kit. Im just curious bc it seemed that this set up would be fine for 35s-40s, or am i wrong? what's your take...if your only going to max out with 40s whats the sense of a rj70 and all that jazz... simply bc its knowing that everything is beef while aiming at being a decent dd seems to me to be a bit overkill?

__________________
-00 Mildly Modified Wrangler SporT-Sold

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #212
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,042
The goal is extreme reliability. The 4 door rubi already weighs 4500lbs stock. It's going to be 5000 by the time I'm done with it. Think of how long the wheel base is (116") compared to a TJ (94")

Now think of how much weight shift and leverage there is being placed on the rear axle. Now load the jeep up with 3 people, gear, a fat *** spare tire and spare parts and in bet it'll be siting at 6000lbs. Put the jeep at even a 45* angle and you're placing probably close to 4500-5000lbs of the weight entirely on the rear axle.

Now throw a locker in there 40" tall, 14" wide tires, that are aired down to 3-4psi, so really a 18-19" wide tire, and then 4:1 torque multiplication on 300 horsepower and you've got a recipe for some breakage if it bounces and loads that rear end up.

That's why I was initially wanting the 40 spline right off the bat anyway. Why say no when it feels so good to say yes?

Sent by Paper Planes
__________________
2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #213
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,295
Yep, if you're gonna spend the money on a $$$ rear axle do the 70. That's not your standard lightweight rig.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #214
SOLIDJP44
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scranton, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
The goal is extreme reliability. The 4 door rubi already weighs 4500lbs stock. It's going to be 5000 by the time I'm done with it. Think of how long the wheel base is (116") compared to a TJ (94")

Now think of how much weight shift and leverage there is being placed on the rear axle. Now load the jeep up with 3 people, gear, a fat *** spare tire and spare parts and in bet it'll be siting at 6000lbs. Put the jeep at even a 45* angle and you're placing probably close to 4500-5000lbs of the weight entirely on the rear axle.

Now throw a locker in there 40" tall, 14" wide tires, that are aired down to 3-4psi, so really a 18-19" wide tire, and then 4:1 torque multiplication on 300 horsepower and you've got a recipe for some breakage if it bounces and loads that rear end up.

That's why I was initially wanting the 40 spline right off the bat anyway. Why say no when it feels so good to say yes?

Sent by Paper Planes
just curious too where is the 300 horse coming from, is that new stock pen star that much? your deff right as i see what you mean by weight to power ratio and breakage with that kind of weight. yesterday on the scale at the scrape yard i weighed in at 5480 with 40 lbs of scrap tin now i know my trucks true weight minus 40 lbs lol, so yea at a 45* angle, gear, people and a the weight of a jk your deff looking to twist up a rearend that sint beefed up, what the hell get the rj70 ordered up, at $1,800 for the rj60 the rj70 is what probably around $2,200-2,500?..your jeep is gonna be one "raped ape" when its done.
__________________
-00 Mildly Modified Wrangler SporT-Sold

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #215
jeepdog5
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
just curious too where is the 300 horse coming from, is that new stock pen star that much? your deff right as i see what you mean by weight to power ratio and breakage with that kind of weight. yesterday on the scale at the scrape yard i weighed in at 5480 with 40 lbs of scrap tin now i know my trucks true weight minus 40 lbs lol, so yea at a 45* angle, gear, people and a the weight of a jk your deff looking to twist up a rearend that sint beefed up, what the hell get the rj70 ordered up, at $1,800 for the rj60 the rj70 is what probably around $2,200-2,500?..your jeep is gonna be one "raped ape" when its done.
That's code for HEMI
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #216
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,042
Pentastar makes 280 horsepower, with a tune, and exhaust they're making around 305hp at the crank

Sent by Paper Planes
__________________
2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #217
4wdjeepguy
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
Posts: 1,622
Forget CIA and exhaust and go straight to a RIPP
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #218
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05
Forget CIA and exhaust and go straight to a RIPP
Power isn't really a concern, I have plenty

Sent by Paper Planes
__________________
2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #219
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Pentastar makes 280 horsepower, with a tune, and exhaust they're making around 305hp at the crank

Sent by Paper Planes
Which is still around 270-280 or so at the wheels. So you'll be doin pretty good.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #220
SOLIDJP44
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scranton, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdog5 View Post
That's code for HEMI
your still off for a hemi at 300hp.
__________________
-00 Mildly Modified Wrangler SporT-Sold

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #221
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,659
So once to go RJ70 in the rear youll do a RJ-HP60 up front with extra beef? Yea go a little bigger than 40s mtr/k.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #222
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 6,359
holy crap man, wanna trade jobs!! lol Absolutely love that color!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #223
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
So once to go RJ70 in the rear youll do a RJ-HP60 up front with extra beef? Yea go a little bigger than 40s mtr/k.
at some point yes, the 44/70 combo seems a little odd, but i don't go down obstacles much so the 44 will last me a while. i know it kinda seems silly buying a Rubicon and then ripping the axles out of it, but its a great platform to jump from

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
holy crap man, wanna trade jobs!! lol Absolutely love that color!
me too, i parked next to a '11 Grabber Blue mustang GT yesterday. the color is pretty much nearly identical. grabber has just a tad more teal in it.
__________________
2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #224
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler
 
Bennettj13's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pendleton, IN
Posts: 5,372
You'll be able to sell those rubi axles easy too. Seems that's the new fad.
__________________
::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #225
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,295
We may have to chat about the Rubi axles. I just can't put that stick down.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.