Bruised LJ - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bruised LJ

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #376
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man Cleghorn looks nasty! I've been up there when it's snowing and the mud is like trying to walk on ice.

I went last weekend alone and played on the powerline a little, was fun.

Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #377
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The jeep is getting some love. JCR dagger series stubby bumper, and an aurora 10" combo LED bar. Gonna make a hoop and mount for the light bar.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #378
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bumper and light showed up today.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #379
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like that bumper a lot
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #380
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is a sweet bumper, I just checked out their site and they have some really nice product.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #381
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

A couple quick updates.

I ditched the front Bilstein 5100 shocks for some Walker Evans/Dynatrac TJ specific front shocks. 11" travel, remote reservoir, compression adjustable, and bolt into the stock mounts. They ride smooooooth. Can't wait to get em out on the trails.

Also fixed a slight wobble/shimmy I had in the front end. The drag link adjuster sleeve managed to work itself loose, which was causing some playing the steering. Also, my piece of **** rancho 5000 steering stabilizer was shot… Again. I replaced it with their 7000 series stabilizer. Everything feels good and tight again, jeep drives perfectly smooth at 80 mph. The new stabilizer seems a lot more solid than the 5000. I've gone through 2 of those in the last couple years. The 7000 is pressurized, so it constantly pushes the tie rod left, causing the jeep to drift to the left. Honestly though, it's so minimal that I don't even notice it while driving. The steering feels much tighter than before, even when the 5000 was brand new.

Can't take pics with my phone though, so nothing to look at.
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #382
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think you have another problem that the stabilizer is just masking. I drove for a while with no stabilizer (Yep leaky Rancho stabilizer) and it didn't really change anything.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #383
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure it was the play in the drag link adjuster sleeve. Nothing else had any kind of play in it, and it was pretty noticeable. There's absolutely no shakes or wobbling now.
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #384
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Updates are slow, and few and far between. But I finally got my JCR bumper on. It fit perfect. Everything lined up fine. Just gotta install my light bar, and maybe a couple little LED driving lights.

Unread 11-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #385
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dang that IS a nice bumper. I hadn't seen that one before.
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #386
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Revalved my 7100s today. Went from 278/75 to 255/100, with a flutter stack. Revalving was really easy to do. So far, on rode ride seems much better. Bumps aren't as harsh, they don't feel like I'm driving INTO them anymore. Gonna test em out in JV this weekend during KOH. Also got my light bar mounted on a "temporary" mount. Just cut down a piece of angle iron and bolted it to my fairlead mount. Works for now since I don't have a winch. The light is bright as hell. Fills in all the dark areas between my HIDs and headlights. I'll try to get night pics from out in the desert. Last thing I did today was add the rear lower currie bump stops back in. Since my Prothanes are jammed onto the upper bump stop, I figure they'll now slow the travel down a bit before the currie bumpstops hit. Again, they'll get a workout this weekend. I'll post results and pics when I can.
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #387
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

Pics or it didn't happen! Lol what shocks do you have up front?

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #388
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Walker Evans adjustable resi's
Unread 02-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #389
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

New tune worked great on the fast stuff. I was bracing for hard hits that would have jolted me before, but the jeep took it and kept going. No pics or video unfortunately. Waiting on friends to send some to me. KOH was a good time as always. Watching the races all day, wheeling and partying all night. Jeep ran great, except for the last day. My front Zip locker won't disengage. It engages and works fine, but when I switch it off it never unlocks. Had to disconnect the air line to get it to unlock after wheeling. Gotta look into that now..
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #390
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am going to valve my Foxes. They seem to be doing the same. It feels like I am driving into the bumps on the road and the rear feels like it has an extended flutter or shutter when I hit bumps in the road. In it's current set up I would hate to run it offroad. I think it would be so rough.

Glad to see your tune worked out for you.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.