Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bruised LJ

83K views 405 replies 51 participants last post by  Rockpile 
#1 ·
Growing up my dad had an '89 XJ lifted and locked on 33s that we would always take out. I got the jeep bug early with that, and I was hooked. When he lost his Jeep due to an electrical fire, he was done with the crawling thing and wanted a more comfortable ride to take him hunting and camping. Ever since then I wanted my own Jeep. In January of '09 I picked up a clean, stock, never wheeled '06 LJ with 12,500 miles for $17k.

I knew I wanted to build my Jeep up to be able to handle some of California's toughest trails, while still being a daily driver. I started wheeling it stock and had a lot of fun. I quickly learned that I hated mud

and loved more technical crawling.

See less See more
#320 ·
Haven't updated in a while, not a whole lot going on. BUT, I did get a tire carrier. Buddy totaled his Jeep so I bought his tire carrier he made for $100. Not gonna lie, I'm not the biggest fan of it (kills my departure angle) but at least it gets the tire out of the cab. I can use the back seat again!

When you relocated the rear spring buckets and did the rear outboard did the rear rise up? Since installing the Savvy 4" I noticed the rear sits a bit low.

#302 ·
So for the last 6+ months I've been dealing with my transmission pissing me off. Until it got to normal operating temps, the trans would slam into 2nd, shudder, and I'd have high RPMs until it would shift. I've tried flushing the trans, new fluid and filter, adding a little extra fluid, but nothing worked. I just found a writeup yesterday on resetting the PCM so I gave it a shot and holy ****, it worked. Jeep shifts normal now. No more banging, shaking, or hesitating. Really easy to do too.

Disconnect the + lead from the battery, and touch it to the - lead for 30 seconds
Reconnect the + lead
Turn the ignition to the ON position (don't start the engine)
Turn headlights on
Turn headlights off
Turn the jeep off

Drive around and be happy

I did it just now and I swear it seems to have worked. I'll keep an eye on it this week and see what happens.

Gotta love this 42rle :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.