Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bobs boring build.

160K views 1K replies 85 participants last post by  bobthetj03 
#1 ·
I've been putting this off for quite some time now mostly because my boring, wimpy progress was simply not worthy of "Build" status, but I guess if I don't start something, I never will. If nothing else, I guess, it will serve me as a good timeline of things I've done to my heep and things to come. I'll be starting a little backwards since I don't have any pics of when I first got my rig. Kicking myself for that!
I've owned my rig for over 6 years now, and along the way most of the goodies I've added have been from a culmination of Xmas presents, birthday presents, Fathersday presents and the like from my beautiful, and very patient wife! I've managed to sneek a few important goodies in for good measure as well.
Anyways....Here's where I'm at now.

Updated: 4/9/13:

Attachments

See less See more
#419 ·
Not much going on with the heep. My evap leak fix seems to be working, so far. No codes. Getting closer to having enough coin to get some new tires. Planning for a couple more trail runs next month and maybe September. Once I get my new wheels/tires on, my build will kinda be at a standstill for a while. Next on the list to save up for include, Currie front upper CA's, Novak linkage, Monstaline the tub.

#424 ·
I saw you replaced that small boot, did you also replace the gas cap? I had the same code awhile back, P0456 maybe? Can't remember. But changing my gas cap fixed it, that little rubber grommet wears out over time.

Jeep looking really good btw! Love the way it sits!

#426 ·
Checked my evap hoses today. Pulled the right rear splash shield to expose the evap canister. All the hoses there looked good. Couldn't get a look at the hoses going to the fuel tank. Will have to drop the tank to do that. I'll save that for a last ditch effort to find the leak. I did find a cracked hose at the evap line running along the frame rail towards the front. The line goes from rubber/plastic line at the tank to steel line running along the frame rail, and back to rubber hose going up to the intake. Where the steel line meets the rubber hose at the front is where I found the cracked hose. I had enough slack in the rubber hose to trim the cracked section and re-attach the hose.

#429 ·
Jeep's developed a vibe at hwy speeds past week or so. Rides smooth up to 60mph. Anything over 60 and I start to get a vibe in the seat and rear. Gonna get a look at it tomorrow and rebalance the rear tires and check the rear driveshaft. Hopefully, it's just my worn out KM's causing the vibe. They're just about to the wear bars, lol. Damn MTR's are still on backorder! :brickwall

#439 ·
I am dreading the install of my new top. I really need to get it out of the box, but I dont really have anywhere to set it up out of the way right now.

#441 ·
Even at 97 degrees and the windows out in the hot sun till I could barely hang on to them, it still was a b**** getting that last window on! I'm sure there is a certain order you soft top guys use. I did driver's side, then back window, then passenger side. No leaks!

#443 ·
Yep, that's kinda what I did, but when I zipped the side window just passed the corner, I couldn't pull the flap part into the door surround, so I unzipped the window till just a few inches were zipped and that gave me enough slack to get the front into the surrounds. For being an 11 year old top that's been sitting in someones tool shed for who knows how long, it's pretty tight!

#445 ·
Did you release the pressure from the top, while putting the windows in. It's easier to put the windows in while the spreader bars are collapsed, then after they are in, spread them out to give the top it's shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.