Bmosing's Chili Pepper Red TJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bmosing's Chili Pepper Red TJ

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #76
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alright...the jeep is dialed in for the trip. Got it on the fork lift and checked everything out. I may have a little bumpstop issue though(need a little more). I may try to address it this week if I have time or I may just leave it alone.

image-3073102054.jpg   image-4022323151.jpg   image-2201780190.jpg   image-2073577932.jpg  

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #77
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

God I love Rockers. I cannot wait to get me a set in the 35x12.50 variety. Those look bigger than 35s on your rig for some reason.
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #78
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBevO8
God I love Rockers. I cannot wait to get me a set in the 35x12.50 variety. Those look bigger than 35s on your rig for some reason.
I must agree! They measure true and look extremely aggressive. I think they look even better in person. Not to mention how well they perform in the rocks. I couldn't be happier with these things.

In other news.... I'm dealing with this right now lol
image-2381567489.jpg  

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #79
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bah, you'll be fine. Its headed North. LOL

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #80
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
Bah, you'll be fine. Its headed North. LOL
Hopefully it doesnt hit PA till after the holiday! I want to go wheeling all weekend and rain sucks!

Back on topic, how much total lift and what is your bumpstop set up for those fenders and those tires? I am trying to debate on highlines or not to run 35s and am thinking it never hurts to have more clearance but at the same time highlines with too small tires just looks goofy. Thanks!
Unread 08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #81
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBevO8 View Post
Hopefully it doesnt hit PA till after the holiday! I want to go wheeling all weekend and rain sucks!

Back on topic, how much total lift and what is your bumpstop set up for those fenders and those tires? I am trying to debate on highlines or not to run 35s and am thinking it never hurts to have more clearance but at the same time highlines with too small tires just looks goofy. Thanks!
I am currently running a 4" pro-crap lift the PO installed that is in the process of getting swapped out for better parts lol. NO body lift on this rig. Like I said above I need about 1 more inch of bump stop to be safe in the front I believe. I measured what I have now and it is a 3" bump stop. There is currently about 7.25" between the bumps right now so that would still leave me with plenty of up travel. Also, I am running 35" rockers on 3.5" backspacing.

Well due to Isaac, we decided to call an audible for our trip this weekend and head to Hidden Falls in Marble Falls, TX instead of battling weather all weekend in Arkansas. It sucks because I was really looking forward to this AR for a while now, but I'm still pumped to try out the new mods on the jeep. We will be leaving sometime tomorrow

Unread 08-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #82
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

We're on our way to Marble Falls right now!
Both Chili Peppers loaded up
image-2997950672.jpg  

Unread 08-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #83
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice, marbles falls is gonna be crowded this weekend. 4wheelparts is having their customer appreciation weekend. I'll be heading that way later in the night.
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #84
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep
Very nice, marbles falls is gonna be crowded this weekend. 4wheelparts is having their customer appreciation weekend. I'll be heading that way later in the night.
Ah well...it's gonna be packed everywhere for LDW lol. Flag us down if you see us!

Unread 08-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #85
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will do, I'm in the sliver dodge short cab pulling a black baby tj on a uhaul trailer
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #86
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Edit: Double Tap

Unread 09-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #87
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

As I was loading up to leave, I think I saw you.

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #88
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
As I was loading up to leave, I think I saw you.

I guess we're not that hard to miss lol. Wish we could caught up and hit some of the trails. We had a pretty good time! Did some fun trails, some I had never done before which is always cool. Also had some pretty decent carnage lol. My rear trackbar bolt punctured a hole in my gas tank I was able to use some gas tank repair putty from autozone to plug it up and get it back on the trail the next day. Also my lower rear driver shock mount gave me issues both days...The stock mount is so bent up I cannot legitimately mount the shock relocator properly and it just keeps getting broken off. I am thinking I will outboard the lower mounts and get them out of the way of rocks and such. I was really happy with my rear locker and Antirock. Definitely noticed a bump in performance from those additions.

We really screwed up and didn't bring any cameras So we don't have many pictures but here are a few

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #89
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

i guess there wasn't enough bandwidth to mention all of my issues LOL
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #90
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
I guess we're not that hard to miss lol. Wish we could caught up and hit some of the trails.

We really screwed up and didn't bring any cameras So we don't have many pictures but here are a few
I saw you and thought "wait a minute...," just got my phone out in time to snap that picture before you hit the turn. You wouldn't want to wheel with me on Sunday, the jeep was loud with out a muffler.

Pictures wise, I jut use a Iphone. gets good enough pictures

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.