Black and Tan build up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Black and Tan build up

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Black and Tan build up

My first build page went south so im making a new one.
Heres the jeep when i first got it in the beginning of October 2008. 1999 4.0L 5 speed.

Thats when i got it from the dealer, you can see my old green dodge Dakota in the back.

It had a tan top that needed to be replaced. The black one thats on there i got for free out of a relatives garage. (sold there jeep with the hardtop forgot about the soft top) Its for a 03-06 jeep but it fit no problem and no leaks.
Spent a few months on the forum asking questions and doing research and went ahead and got the RC 4 inch lift, performance 2.2's, and a rusty's track bar. In December we spent a day in a cold garage putting the lift on.

Here it is with the stock tires and wheels still on and the lift on.

Here it is with the new tires and rims i bought of soldkm. There Dc-1's with 35X12.50 16's mud stars.
Looks alot better IMO.
It still had the stock axles and stock 3.73 gears inside the dana 30/35. I was very worried with that 35 in the back running 35 inch tires so i took it easy and only did lite off roading.

I was pretty impressed with the flex and for Christmas my girlfriend and friend got me JKS quicker disco's and extended brake lines form quadratec

Here is my jeep middle my brothers YJ left and friends Tj right down at Plymouth flats after a rain storm, most of the trail was washed away form the river being so high.

things got muddy but it looks good.

and never monday we all know you invented 4 wheel drive, and you cold forged the S35 in the depths of moridor, but this is 44 vs 88. so when the next 35 thread comes up. you can play for that team:kiss:
CaleTJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Next i needed to do something about my rear axle and get some clearence back so i ordered an AA SYE kit and pulled an XJ front friveshaft. I also got my hands on an 8.8 rear axle 31 spline LSD. I geared it and the front to 4.10's becasue i got them for cheap with the help of Solidkm and Rick at his garage. I had the brackets on my 8.8 welded on from EMS offroad.
>>
>>
and never monday we all know you invented 4 wheel drive, and you cold forged the S35 in the depths of moridor, but this is 44 vs 88. so when the next 35 thread comes up. you can play for that team:kiss:
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Next i needed a diff cover so i got a riddler one for my birthday and solidm km painted it up for me wile i was away at school.
>>
>>
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I got the SYE and driveshaft and axle put in over spring break, it was a rainy day but luckly the jeep is lifted so we threw and old mattress under it and pulled everything and put it all in. Before however, i ordered some RC upper adj control arms so i could dial in the pinion angle.
>>

fficeffice" />>>
>>
EMS offroad took a wheel spacer and ajusted the brackets to put the rear right i nthe center of the jeep.
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Next i got my hi lift jack mounted and with the new axle was able to be harder on the trail.
>>
Still has the stock spare, if i got a flat i dont think it was going to help.
>>
Jeep has awesome flex with this kit and i still have the front stock uppers.
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

After that i didnt do to much to the jeep, i did take everything out over the summer and herculine the tub. I also painted the headlight bezels. I also got center caps for my rims to clean it up a bit. Here it is this summer with the top and doors off and that spare tire gone.
>>
>>

At the PA all breeds jeep show in York PA I got a set of window brackets for lights and got a set of hella 500 driving lights and mounted them up, I had always wanted these for my jeep.
ffice
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I had black rims that I got last October when I first got the jeep at the quadratec scratch and dent. So after saving up over the summer I got my tires for the winter and mounted them on the rims. Now I have a full size spare.
>>
I made my own bracket out of some angle iron so I could run the 35 on the tail gate.
>>
The tire rests on the jack so there is almost no weight on the tailgate so my design worked out perfectly.
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Mounted a CB inside on the center console and I have a big whip antenna in the back on the bumper you can see it in that last picture its on the left side.
Added a sticker I got from a fair.
>>
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

My next plans for the jeep are a new front stinger bumper, i really like that smitty built stinger with the D rings and a re-gear to 4.88's.
I'd also like to get some rock krawler X factor long arms and make the jeep a little bit bigger.

Last edited by CaleTJ99; 10-11-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

jeep looks good man. Looks like you're gonna need new tires soon.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep man. Black & tan=good drink.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
jeep looks good man. Looks like you're gonna need new tires soon.
Thanks. Yea i have 4 new Pro Comp all terrains for winter so these tires will be coming off soon. I wanna get some BFG mud terrains for the summer or the pro comp extream all terrains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Nice jeep man. Black & tan=good drink.
Yea haha i just picked up a case today
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just bought the SRC smitty built stinger bumper form 4wd parts. It was $169 shipped to my door i couldnt say no. I will have pics up as soon as i get it mounted up. I just need some D-rings now
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

those stingers should be on backorder till november...just a heads up. Smittybilt tends to release products before they have a large quantity of them in the warehouses.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
CaleTJ99
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
those stingers should be on backorder till november...just a heads up. Smittybilt tends to release products before they have a large quantity of them in the warehouses.
HMMM well i'll see tomorow when i get my shipping date....I hope your worng for the sake i want my bumper but its ok no rush i guess.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.