***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #196
longtall
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any updates

longtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #197
longtall
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Updates? How did the axle upgrades come along?
longtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #198
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtall View Post
Updates? How did the axle upgrades come along?
35 spline ARB and Chromoly shafts have been in the rear axle for a while now.
I'm waiting for a loooong lull in our jeeping schedule so I can pull my Booty apart to install a bunch of STUFF, gears, shafts, tube fenders, bumpers, hard tauneau cover with desert style tire carrier, (similar to what I have now). I'm going to re work my rear winch placement to under the bed right in front of my gas tank to get better departure angle. Designing a new rear bumper to fit the Booty's lifestyle. I wanna also re do the front bumper into a stubby??? once I see how the new front fenders change the look.
Gotta dry fit everything before sending out to Powdercoating. Could be out of commission for a few months and that will be real hard to be Booty-less for that time.
dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #199
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #200
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #201
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

This one bracket stuck out where the other 7 were perfectly flush. I did not like the gap so back for the exchange.

Unread 12-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #202
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The newest pirate to the crew.
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #203
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pre Booty status

Unread 04-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #204
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ressurecting the Black Booty for Jeep Beach updates!! Maybe well see you on TV again??
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #205
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

New 35 spline axles and ARB lockers. I was counting on my GenRight tube Fenders and front bumper all being here and in perfect shape so I could transform the Booty into her new look for Jeep Beach, but it ain't happening for this year. I'll be picking up the 3rd set of rear 6" fenders at Jeep Beach tomorrow. I was to busy building another LJ rig in my shop to attend to my Booty the past month like I should have. There's always next year.
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #206
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I feel your pain, I had been hoping to have my axles swapped out but it didnt happen. I figure Ill stay on the main course and just watch everyone else run the big one. Would be cool if all the LJs parked in one spot
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #207
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been preoccupied a little, out enjoying our new boat ( red ) instead of posting updated pic's. Plus after Jeep Beach I had shoulder surgery so thing were going slower than usual, along with working on friends jeeps at my shop. I don't really need to have the Booty in tip top shape until September when were all going up to the Pickens County Jeepers Fest in Jasper GA. There will be a poop load of us traveling up there to play hard. So I've been helping others to get their jeeps up to par to handle the GA mountain trails and rocks.

Boating pluses ......
Damn beautiful Booty's right there!

No junk in those trunk's!
Unread 07-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #208
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So from what I can remember since last posts in December I've done the following: I got my 3rd and final set of GenRight rear fenders at Jeep beach and they were perfect!! Also My front RCV Axle was delivered to me at Jeep Beach since the original one they sent me would not go in to the 35 spline ARB. The short axle on the driver side fit just fine, the passenger-side long Shaft would not go in. I sent back the long shaft to RCV for them to check it out the acid dipping and thinking there was too much coating on it and they returned it to me one week before Jeep Beach. Of course it still did not fit. So after talking to those guys I had them send me two brand-new un heat-treated uncoated axle shafts just to get me through Jeep Beach, it arrived at the hotel just in time. It took a little knocking of a big hammer to get it properly in the ARB but at least it worked. It held up for all of Jeep Beachs obstacles and trails until the end when my front ARB would no longer lock in, my compressor would just continually run so I knew there was a giant air leak somewhere. After getting home to my shop I was able to pull out that long shaft take off the diff cover and find the bad news. Got out my micrometer and checked all of the 35 spline axle shafts that I had. They were all identical and they all fit into the short shafts side but not the passenger side. Then I took a close look at the ARB locker once I removed it from the pumpkin and saw a nice crack in the outer housing where that shifts lights and two, which tells me something was to tight.

Now don't forget previous to Jeep Beach I installed ARB 35 spline Lockers with JK gears, size matters!
Also back to the Air leak, somehow something happened where my little copper airline inside the diff got completely chewed up into tiny little pieces and particles so it was time to ship the whole thing back to ARB and have them look at it and clean it up and determine why that part cracked. I also shipped back to RCV the one of the two long axle shafts for heat treating and oxidized coating for reinstallation. Everything has been returned to me from ARB and RCV in great new condition axle shaft slides in just fine. One of the guys at ARB said they have seen this happen before with the JK 35 spline ARB Lockers for some reason. Now waiting for my guru to come up and shim my gears so it might be another few weeks before I get that front axle back together and running. I've still been able to crawl to the mall and many other places and enjoy it.
Unread 07-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #209
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Now for the new Bling.......... GenRight front and rear 6" aluminum fenders along with a GenRight stubby bumper with hoop, all Aluminum. New hood hold downs and other metal stuff that slips my mind right now but their all powder coated and installed. I also did the inner fender liners and powder coated them the same. It probably took me about 12 hours a side to remove and rework all the stuff that was attached or to close for proper install of the inner fenders. Re routed some wires, removed others that hadn't been done when I installed the S-Pod and Led lights.

Touched up a lot of paint which could now be seen under the new parts.

Not painted black at the factory and it's gotta look good.

With the vented panels I can't have crap showing thru.

All of this had to be removed and reinstalled on the new fender liners.

What a pain in the a$$ that was.

Some Jeepers opt for leaving the stock inner fenders there and just cutting the tops of the existing fenders to fit the new stuff right on top, not me. It's well worth the time and cut fingers to make it look pretty and correct.

And no I did not pre-fit my parts before powder coating. All went well except a couple minor scratches on the inner liners which will be covered in sand most of the time anyway.
You can barely see the scratch in the pic below.

Turned out nice!

Now I gotta either powder coat my winch and drill new holes in the bumper or buy a new one where the holes line up in the bumper..

Unread 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #210
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

These aren't jeep related but why not!

Fantasy fest in Key West, the tall guy in the blue face and stars is my buddy Tom.

She carries my pull chain in case we get stuck!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.