***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Bds suspension discount

Unread 06-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #181
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Your going to want an air over setup for that bender by the time you finish the first stick of tubing .
We're already looking into that.

dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #182
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycruiser View Post
We're already looking into that.
http://www.swagoffroad.com/Tubing-Be...ount_p_53.html
Nice setup that uses less expensive parts than the Spax setup I got from JD2 .
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #183
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

September's issue of JP mag. Jeep Beach coverage got my daughter on the cover and centerfold shots, and My Booty on page 40 top right.

Unread 07-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #184
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I saw booty in the magazine but which one is your daughter and congrats!

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #185
jampop1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yellow top center
jampop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #186
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...... Come on, everyone sing!!!

.....and here comes Santa JP Clause !

UPS to the Booty's rescue

New all 35 spline guts!!!
RCV fronts, alloy rears, and ARB air lockers front & rear.
This should hold my Booty together for a while !!

I've had Poison Spyder DeFenders waiting to go on. Maybe I'll get to
them before the Pickens, GA- Sheriff Jeep Fest, Sept. 6/7/8

Unread 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #187
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

After we get back from GA, I'm getting and installing Jeep JK 5.38 ring & pinion gears. Eliminating the pinion gear weak point. Of course ya need the specialized kit to put JK gears into TJ housings.
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #188
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycruiser View Post
After we get back from GA, I'm getting and installing Jeep JK 5.38 ring & pinion gears. Eliminating the pinion gear weak point. Of course ya need the specialized kit to put JK gears into TJ housings.
That is a lot of bad a$$ parts you got there!!! Should be good solid for your 38's.
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #189
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It turns out RCV sent me axles for a JK and not a TJ. I didn't check the box labeling against the invoice, I would have seen that they were wrong. I guess I was excited that I was getting RCV's and just assumed they were correct. Lesson learned, check every part when received from Brown. So now they have to manufacture and ship out the correct axles. I'm hoping they get here in time for installation before we head north for "Pickens GA, Sheriffs Jeep Fest" in 2 weeks.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #190
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

......but I can still get ready and prep for the install to make it go faster. The inner opening of the knuckle from the 17" big brake kit needs to be clearanced for the orange boots that cover the joints. Plus the drivers side ball joints were out wack, the axle shaft wasn't riding centered in the end of the axle tube, axle seal. "Black Majic-big brake kit" tells you in the instructions that you can not use RCV's with their kits. Oh no you don't, don't tell us we "can't", 'cause we will! We determined, "JP Engineered" that the aluminum plate that holds their giant caliper in place can not take any more loss of material due to the RCV orange boot being larger than the current opening provided.
So with the skilled, creative, precision milling at "JP Engineered" a steel replacement plate was born.

Following pic's are of the new ball joints, caliper plate install and a axle tube bend check using an inner sleeve as a gauge.
New XRF ball joints

Testing for any bending in the tube using the long tubes axle sleeve. Feeling for and resistance in the axle.

Showing the boot with minimal clearance. I know it is reversed, but the wide edge is where it will rest when installed.

Painted my knuckle

Painted knuckle and new STEEL caliper plate with unit bearing installed.

Reassembled with the 30 spline alloy axles

Showing a Dana 44 axle sleeve not installed with the 35 spline RCV shaft. Their shaft is necked down about 5" from the end so it slides in up to a point.

But then......

It hits the larger diameter end and does not fit. Damn glad I never installed these sleeves.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #191
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Updated my tow rig tires and wheels. Not looking to spend a lot on the tow rig, since the Booty needs the most attention. My existing 20" rims with 35" Toyo MT are getting worn a tad to much for the road trip up to Georgia for Jeep Fest towing my trailer and Booty. So having a set of 20" rims and a set of 17" TA 35" tires in the shop, the craigslist hunt was on for either a great deal on 20" tires or 17" rims.
I located a set of 5- 17" Hummer rims to fit my 8 lug axles. I did have to adapt the covers to fit. Saved $125 in cash not buying replacement GMC caps to fit. (More money for the Booty)

Unread 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #192
zigsz71
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Might want to run that brake caliper mounting plate idea by Blaine... If nothing else, it could give us other guys with RCV's a way to get bigger brakes too. I know they're in the process of sort of redesigning the mounting bracket and the redesign may allow the use of RCV's, but nothing official has been said yet that I know of.
'06 LJ Rubi on 35's and stuff
zigsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #193
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Haven't heard of the XRF ball joints. Any reason you chose those over the Synergy ball joints?
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #194
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Haven't heard of the XRF ball joints. Any reason you chose those over the Synergy ball joints?
The XRF were highly recomended and proven on my jeep in the past. I was in a pinch and used local Napa ball joints driver front last time and they didn't last at all. I have TOYO 38" heavy tires along with my rim rock guards which have some weight to them also, so everything up front is being used to its upper limit when I'm out krawling.
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #195
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What did you figure out with the sleeve/rcv shaft? Mill down the sleeve a little on the end?

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.