***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ***Black Booty*** 2005 Rubi LJ - SW Florida

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 01-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #151
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

First of all you can't be trespassing if it isn't properly fenced, posted and signs displayed on open ground. That's the law here in Florida. It's written in our Statutes. The sheriffs dept. ask me to get one of those boards and keep for evidence. So no I guess it is not stealing if it was placed there illegally and told by a sheriff to grab one.

dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #152
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Walmart's parking lot is not posted, yet it's someone else land we all drive on.. Same with this piece of property with the spikes, if there is not proper things in place to keep people out then it should be open to drive on. Florida law. There are other areas we wheel locally that have areas we are not allowed on, and there are fences that keep us out of those areas with posted signs. Otherwise its fair game.

I wheel with black booty quite a bit and I assure you we follow laws last thing I or anyone else that goes with us wants is us, our jeeps, or our jeeps clubs getting affiliated with breaking the law.

And if we knew we were breaking the law by trespassing you can be damn sure there wouldn't be pictures posted online of us doing so.

Being in SW FL we already have few places to even put our jeeps in 4WD we are certainly not trying to get places shut down by trespassing at other areas.
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #153
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquier92 View Post
Walmart's parking lot is not posted, yet it's someone else land we all drive on.. Same with this piece of property with the spikes, if there is not proper things in place to keep people out then it should be open to drive on. Florida law. There are other areas we wheel locally that have areas we are not allowed on, and there are fences that keep us out of those areas with posted signs. Otherwise its fair game.
Surely you can tell the difference between walmart, this place, and a wheeling park. So to use your statement, if you live in florida without fenced in property, anyone can use that land for whatever reasons, because it is fair game. Like in a house in a neighborhood without a fence, you can just drive thru their yard and not worry about the damage.

What constitutes trespassing in then, because that would sure qualify here.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #154
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Surely you can tell the difference between walmart, this place, and a wheeling park. So to use your statement, if you live in florida without fenced in property, anyone can use that land for whatever reasons, because it is fair game. Like in a house in a neighborhood without a fence, you can just drive thru their yard and not worry about the damage.

What constitutes trespassing in then, because that would sure qualify here.
Don't over think the walmart parking lot thing. Obviously there is a difference. Just using it as an example. I am not a professional of the law but we make sure we do things by the book. Had there been any kind of fence or sign we would not be in there. Instead someone set up these death traps that could have severely hurt someone and potentially killed them. Ethics of it all is pretty scary. This board buried in sand scares the **** out of me! I would hate to be running away from a neighbors dog and run through a neighbors yard if they had this board buried in it!

But lets get back to booty
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #155
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #156
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #157
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is a Jeep walker I built for a good jeeper friend who turned ??

This is his jeep:

2006 Rubi I found and advised a new Jeeper friend to buy after I surveyed it for him. Their moving from DE to Fl and wanted to enjoy the area by jeep.

A truss we were installing on his Dana30

Black Booty's new 20' flag pole

Bootys front axle u-joint letting loose

38" tires took its toll on my u-joint.cromolly axle ears took a beating from the u-joint when moving off of the rock pile to fix it.
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #158
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Busted another axle u-joint on this boulder

My new tire carrier I created.

Jeep Beach

Painted my stock roll bar before jeep beach.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #159
JRoweMDN
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I saw you fall of on that obstacle. I am glad it was just a U joint. Your Jeep is really a nice looking machine and it really walked across that whole course no problems.
JRoweMDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #160
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoweMDN View Post
I saw you fall of on that obstacle. I am glad it was just a U joint. Your Jeep is really a nice looking machine and it really walked across that whole course no problems.
Thanks, It did skim across those obstacles fairly easy now didn't it! I hate to say it but my spotter, not my usual one, steered me in the wrong direction right on to that giant boulder above. With the hydro assist pushing my wheels in the directions he kept telling me, it blew apart. My tires were wedged tight over that boulder that he directed me on to. But my ace spotter was there in front of me on his CB radio and I didn't listen to him which I should have. It's all in a days play of jeepin. I ended up buying a complete front axle( Dana44 rebuild kit) from the repair vendor there and we fixed it ourselves in a couple of hours. Teamwork !!!
A month previous I busted the other side u-joint at a local off road park. Which I just slipped the original Rubi Dana 44 axle back in once I got it back to my shop. Both of these axles were Force 10 chromolly shafts that the ears, where the U-joint ends slip into, also bent to make it impossible to reuse.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #161
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It was good to see upon inspecting the shafts once removed that there was no damage or twisting on the shaft or splines. I go rock krawling weekly, run 38" toyo ( heavy) tires with lots of other added weight that puts plenty of added stress on those axles. I have busted gears in both my front and rear stock air lockers to date. So it's looking like its time to buy a tank or a pair of Dana 60's with ARB lockers and 5.38 gears. Luckily my wife was with me when these went out this time. She agree's with the 60's addition.
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #162
JRoweMDN
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The 60 should save you some repair time an money. Or help you break something bigger. Just like they say build it, break it, upgrade it, repeat.
JRoweMDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #163
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.facebook.com/n/?photo.php...dasun%40me.com

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #164
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installing my ARB compressor. Custom bracket made from leftover stock skid plate steel.

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #165
CloakedLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Would you happen to have more pictures and details of your tire carrier?
CloakedLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.