And here we go. As much detail and info as I can provide on installing the M.O.R.E rear shock mounts (they raise the shock mounting point 2" so that you can gain up travel, or just run longer shocks on your stock or modded rig, which still results in more travel!).
I found this easiest to take off the tires, and put it on jack stands. Most of this is necessary but I'm sure you could take off the shocks without removing the tires, yadda yadda yadda...
Removing the shocks depending on your set up is pretty basic and simple. For me it's a 3/4" Socket and a 3/4" wrench (top and bottom mounting points).
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddd they're out!
Both the fuel filter skid/protection plate and the tail pipe heat/flex plate will need to be removed and modified. The filter skid has 4 3/8" screws and the flex plate has 3 of the same 3/8" screws.
Here is the fuel filter skid
And this is the heat shield
Here is the mock up of the bracket and checking for clearance on the tub. I didn't think the bracket should touch the tub and I left about an 1/8" of clearance on both sides just to be on the safe side.
Here is the monster that is required to drill a hole in the frame for the guide pin. It is a 1/2" hole that has to go through the mount and then the frame for the guide pin (I later learned that the easiest way to drill this hole is to step up bit by bit rather than go at it head on with a 1/2" bit...
). This kit has the guide pin on the bottom and then mounts up to the factory shock mount with the factory nut.
Here is where I ended up with my drivers side hole which was just an overall flop. I was off by about a 1/4" inch with my measurements and the drill was clearly not held as straight as it should/could have been.
With a little help from my Dad, and one of his favorite drill accessories, the hole was drilled upwards to meet the proper location, and no wider than it needed to be.
Here is my dad using that particular bit with one of our little helpers. Needless to say, if it weren't for my old man I'd probably never finish half the projects I want to or actually start on my Jeep. He's great at fixing my screw ups, and just being about the best help anyone could ask for. :lowdown:
With the first side done and mounted up, the shock is clearly about 1.5" inboard, but it's that way on both sides and seems to be just fine.
the steel brake line here was pretty close to the top of the bracket, so to make sure it didn't rub or chafe we put a small amount of rubber line across and between the two so that that could be avoided.
The other side was pretty smooth, but the muffler and tail pipe were in the way of our drill. If we had a right angle impact/drill this could have been avoided but we simply unbolted the exhaust hangers and pulled the tail pipe down while we drilled through for the guide pin. I don't have as many install pictures of the passenger side, because it's pretty much the same as the drivers side, and we were ready to just knock it out.