The BIG LIE - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The BIG LIE

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #91
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

i didnt sleep well at all last night thinking about the tcase. i got up early this morning and got a call, guy came and bought my old ax5! i was happy to get it out of the garage. then i pulled the tcase back off and ripped it apart again. the set it aside and took apart my old np231 21 spline. i sawpped the 23 spline input bearing assemble into my old one and re assemnbled it. shifts like a total champ and i bolted it back up. now im gonna keep an eye out on cl for a few junk np231's as scavenge enough parts to fix the one i have for a spare. that would make a complete spre drive train! but in was a pita to do it all but its back together and i can sleep well tonight! heres some pics from yesterday.

Unread 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #92
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

been busy past few days havent got to show the jeep any love. tomarrow im gonna get back to work. im probably gonna hach the tub out to fit the stretch as well and finally get this thing painted. i decided to have mosesyj paint it and use johndeer blitz black paint. that way if it gets beat up on the trail, i can bust out a can and touch it up. btw i scored a d44 for 10 bucks.. yup 10 bucks full width.. thats gonna be next winter project, narrowed, soa, high steer,belly up.
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #93
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

$10? That's absurd
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #94
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

well today i decided to work on the jeep for a while. attempted to drill the holes for led tail lights and some how my new hole saw dulled out before it cut one hole!! i was pissed to i grabbed the sawzaw and hacked out the tub to compensate for the stretch. i will have genrights full stretch corner armor so it will look alot better when its done. but heres some pics.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]i also slapped some body filler in where i replaced the metal. so far so good, i did decide to go with john deer blitz black paint. easy durable, looks damn good and if i scratch it, they make spray cans as well and tough it right up.. i hope to get the chassis saver and monstaliner on the underside this weekend but well see.
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #95
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well when cutting steel with a hole bit it suppose to turn at like 500rpms or you could use a rotozip with a radius jig. Just my .02
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #96
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

thanks griff, im gonna buy another bit and try again i guess. i painted the boddom of the tub with cs. hers the first coat. gonna let it dry an put a second on then monsta liner over it, which is gonna be a pita.. but hopefully im mating the tub to frame monday or so
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #97
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

got the second coat on. i also decided to not use monstaliner on the underside. it gets its texture by rolling it and it would not roll easy so im not gonna use it. i think the cs is good enough. so if any one wants a 1gal kit let me know cause it will be left over. so tomarrow ill most likely mate the tub to the frame and start as much reassembly as i can before paint. its gonna get sprayed next weekend and then its rea assembly time!
Unread 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #98
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

well i got up bright and early and barrowed mosesyj's engine hoist. i got the tub on the frame by my self. no one was around to help so i staped it up. lifted it, pushed the frame into the garage underneith and adjusted and got it all snugged up and bolted down. it went pretts smooth, i started plumbing in things, heater core hoses ect. hacked a bit more out of the body to clear the tires at full flex. im stoked its definatley looking good thats for sure. i cant wait to paint it and start the cage! i also had to fab up some crush sleeves for the day star body lift that didnt come with it, i just used 1/2 black pipe, or gas pipe and cut it to size and used washers. it worked great

the gf took a pic of me pulling the steering colum to get the steering shaft back in. i have more pics waitin for them to come through

Unread 02-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #99
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

sweet man awesome job
MosesYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #100
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

well today i finished the body work, the two spots i slapped some filler in and got it all perfect. plumbed the brake lines to the master cyl, bolted up the exhaust. drilled hoes and made straps for the fuel cell. tomarrow im on call so i plan on cutting and rewelding the hangers on the exhaust. and putting the doors on, and throwing all the stuff to be painted into the tub i prep for paint prep on thurs- weekend. im gonna haul it to mosesyj's shop and spray it. cant wait to see her with her new black paint and start reassembly. after paint i can install the rad, and fire this baby up!! ill post some pics when i get em, its absic bolt on stuff at this point. i get me cage materials tomarrow so ill post the cage build after paint
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #101
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you should look into the stealth stretch for that thing
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #102
cole_slaww
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet build man. starting to all come together
cole_slaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #103
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

here are some pics i snapped after i believe coat #2, the color is john deere blitz black for all that are wondering

tube fenders hanging from ceiling

MosesYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #104
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

a big thanks to mosesyj! i really appreciate your help with the paint bro!! i havent posted in a while, ive been so buisy getting this beast ready. a few days late as ***** and its finally painted and ready to come home tomarrow. then its time for cs and ml on the inside of the tub. it looks amazing flat black, im gonna paint the jeep logos on the tailgate and the tub orange and all the other peices gloss black. "and my gf forgets what i look like" < she typed that.. but its a few things to buy and alot of hrs left to finish but its way farther than i ever expected to be at this point, complete rebuild in 4 months and change so far, hoping its done before april. and thats counting a trip to fl and indiana! well see. im waiting on door seals and lock cylinder gaskets, i removed the door panels, latches locks ect to do the job the right way.. heres a few pics
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #105
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

well today i got the clutch bled and it works like a champ. also painted most of the bolts/ misc parts. also installed the grill and radiator. gonna continue through out the week, cage stuff will be here wednesday so ill start getting that together and then be able to cs and ml the interior. its moving along nicely

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.