The BIG LIE - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The BIG LIE

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #61
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

got a big box from advance adapters today!!! [IMG][/IMG]oh man full of stuff. [IMG][/IMG]im only waiting on the fly wheel and slave cyl and it will be ready to be put together and dropped in! the clutch looks ridiculous! the pressure plate is like 40 lbs crazy. im totally stoked about it. im just curious if i need to cut the tip of the trans down as some people have had to. any one with info please lmk. also took off the valve covers and painted them with black heat paint, they were surface rusted chrome.. and the air cleaner top. ill be working on it probably non stop till the engine is sitting in the frame and then back to the tub when i can move the chassis out for more space

Unread 01-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #62
stoveguy01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sweet looking jeep. so did you buy the gf a ring? mine loved my jeep and going wheeling so much she wanted one of her own so we can go wheeling as a family, with both her kids and both of mine. Shes not afraid of getting muddy or draging a winch cable, knew at the point she was a keeper. we were married last month and currently working on finishing the build on her jeep before summer. keep up the awesome work I really love it.
stoveguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #63
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

sweet man its coming along very nicely, that aa stuff looks HEFTY
MosesYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #64
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoveguy01 View Post
sweet looking jeep. so did you buy the gf a ring? mine loved my jeep and going wheeling so much she wanted one of her own so we can go wheeling as a family, with both her kids and both of mine. Shes not afraid of getting muddy or draging a winch cable, knew at the point she was a keeper. we were married last month and currently working on finishing the build on her jeep before summer. keep up the awesome work I really love it.
ha ha not yet, we both decided to finish the jeep first. we are both pretty young and after the jeep is done i think we will be ready to start a family. well i will be i guess, shes been ready. it sounds like my priorities are backwards but i want this thing done, so if and when things come up its one less thing to worry about. congratulations on you marriage though! thats awesome bro, mine likes wheeling but not like me. im addicted to jeeps for some reason. BUT we both enjoy motorcycles and i got her to ride so its all good! do you have a thread on her jeep? id like to check it out.
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #65
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

didnt do much today, damn on call bs.. ordered an energy suspension polyurethane trans mount, and a torque arm bracket that the trans didnt have.. so tomarrow ill get bolts for the pressure plate, make some engine hooks that i can bolt to the block and hook chains through to lower it n the frame, all the parts stores dont know what the hell im talking about.. also need to exchange the valve cover gaskets that the retard sold me, and go to napa from now on! also advance adapters called me today to let me know that there vendor shipped me 3 fly wheels! lol i worked a deal with randy and im gonna ship the other 2 back.. free t shirt out of the deal!! aa is the ***** and im to honest.. thats about it for today.
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #66
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

got 3 fly wheels on the porch today.. kept one gonna ship the others back. got some bolts for the engine mount, exchanged gaskets. came home and bolted down the valve covers. also bolted in the engine mount and swapped yokes from the old transfercase to the new 21-23 splin np231's the yoke is for the front drive shaft, i run a double cardian so it needed the xj yoke. that was about it for today, stared at it wishing it was running..
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #67
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

so today i got off work early, and im heading home in my work truck and all of a sudden i look in my mirror and see a cop behind me haulling a$$. passes everyone that pulled over, then i get down a little further and see a totalled ups truck, and a sad sad veiw of whats left of a chevy impala!! it was my ups driver that stops at my house all the time!!! man i felt bad, i hope no one was injured but couldnt tell. so my trans mount just arrived at 8:00! poor ups guy. any way i got home and went and barrowed a cherry picker from mosesyj and chilled for a bit looking at his project yj. came home unloaded the darn thing by my self i might add, and proceded to install the engine it the frame! it fit like a freaking glove. then i plumbed the power steering pump and installed the pilot bushing inside the crank. tomarrow my pressure plate bolts will arrive so ill probably install the clutch components and get everything ready for monday when the slave and torque arm mount for the trans to be installed. i also bought a 3/8 barbed fitting to drill and tap a vent into the trans. here are a few pics the frame is alot harder to push around now with the engine, man o man!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by liftedyj91; 01-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: pics
liftedyj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #68
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

lookin good

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #69
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

sweet!!!!!
MosesYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #70
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

got the flywheel installed, the clutch disc, and the pressure plate. i mocked up the bell housing to see if my starter would clear, and surprisingly it did!! saved some $$ the gf came out and saw the motor in it, and now shes happy and wants it to be done so she can drive it i doubt it but.. so i got to get ready to go to dinner and a monster truck show later on..
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #71
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

so i thought today would be a lazy day, ya know chill clean the house and mabe grocery shop. ended up shooting some clays with mosesyj and my gf, then came home and took the dogs to the farm to play. out of no where i decided to bust out the rust on the tub. started cutting and welding and its going real smooth. i think tomarrow or tuesday the rust will be conquered, then ill paint the under body with chassis saver till the monstaliner gets here. i have pics but they havent sent to my email, ill post em when i get em

there are a few mor pics ill upload when they come through.. f att but heres a pic from yesterday
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #72
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

oh my! ladys and gents!!! today i busted the ***** out of the tub rust! i fixed everything but the two spots on the side. i still have to check the bottom once its all done. i have some pics to share but most of em havent came through yet.[IMG][/IMG] passenger floor board. cut out..[IMG][/IMG] new welded in [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG]one small section, wasnt finished in this pic but thats all i got till my phone emails them to me. the rest is awsome, tons of pics. i welded it all in with flux core cause the gas set up sucks balls. i hate the smell of it and the wire goes where ever it wants cause the huge gas tip. i can weld like a pro flux core so thats what i used. also ups delivered my slave cyl today. once the trans mount comes ill finish up the drive train!! im so stoked, its way ahead of schedule!!
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #73
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

more pics!

Unread 02-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #74
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

yesteday did some work on the tub, i got a date in three weeks to have it painted. mosesyj got me a smoking deal on a paint job with some of his hook ups, THANKS!!! but heres aa few pics what i was working with
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
i need to get a dremel or a small grind wheel to get the little spot by the seatbelt, and i also figured out that the side panel on the tub that im working on has been completely replaced.. dont know how i feel about that but i guess not much i can do.
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #75
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

so i got my trans mount from the ups guy along w ith the oem clips that hold the gas/ brake line to the frame, got them from my home town where people know what "customer service" is, around here the local dealer guy behind the dealership counter seriously told me and i quote " it wouldnt be worth my time"!! lets just say i emailed them.. so i continued on the tub rust today, tomarrow it should be finished up. got my second trans and it works fine. tomarrow ill be bolting it up and probably use the last can of eastwood products internal frame paint inside the seat belt section behind that and hard to reach places. next im gonna apply chassis saver and monstaline ontop to be extra sure this beast last me another 20+ yrs!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.