today i pushed the frame out of the shop, decided to start tackling the tub!! pretty stoked so far its going smooth. i chipped away the bondo, cause the grinder made a huge cloud bout made me die lol there is only a small hole but ill have to cut out probably 4''x4'' square and another small hole ill have to fix. i think im gonna go ahead and monsta liner the under side as i planned on the interior. im gonna make a trip to homedepot tomarrow and get some more supplies for the surface rust. rust should be conquered this weekend if the gf stops *****ing!
no pictures today but i got the undercoating completely off the bottom of the tub to see what i was working with. no surprises, actually! im gonna be working on it again tomarrow and mabe do some cutting and welding! also got my aluminum radiator.
today i received a package from eastwood products. it contained 5 cans of internal frame paint and an abrasive sand blast gun i decided to give a try.. for the price i couldnt beat it. also ordered adapters for the ax15 to sbc as well as clutch, slave, flywheel, and other **** that hit the wallet pretty good.. its all coming together[IMG][/IMG]
today i patched a hole it the tube fender that was used for a snorkel in its past life with the 4 cyl.. didnt do a whole lot ill be workin on her tomarrow. it looks alot better in person. before..[IMG][/IMG] outside..[IMG][/IMG] inside.. [IMG][/IMG wont be needing the snorkel any more due to the carb.. for now i guess
cool man ill check it out! i tinkered with it a bit today. cut two holes in my home brew hitch for safety chains, drilled a whole for the pin in the receiver. then bent some tubing for a small brace peice on the front of the tube fenders. ordered 2 3/4 round led orange lights for running lights. tomarrow ill probably work on the tub.
got a gallon of chassis saver and 90 lbs of blasting media. did some work on the tub. found some more rust that needs to be fixed. not to bad will continue through out the week. if the weather this weekend is decent ill blast the frame and paint it! also the aa stuff shipped!
worked on sand blasting the frame today with a good buddy sir james moses untill the siphon tube broke. with me wanting to paint tomarrow we both grabbed grinders and wire wheels and went to town. Thanks again james! we got it all stripped and ready for paint tomarrow. also prepped the skid plate as well. tomarrow im gonna get some parts for the engine, plugs, wires, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets.. ect, pull the oil pan and inspect the bottom end. the way i see it, adapters will be here tues, 2nd trans will be here by friday. this thing should have a drive train pretty soon! ill post up some pics tomarrow
worked late and woke up early to work on her. painted the frame witht the god of all paints CHASSIS SAVER! its amazing and would HIGHLY reccomend it to any one. Also used eastwoods internal frame paint to coat the inside of the frame. i was skeptical at first but it works awesome and also would reccomend it. just dont be an idiot like me and not use gloves.. it doesnt come off! at all. also painted the skid plate, front bumper and motor mount. also bought some parts for the engine inspection. if all goes as planned hopefully the engine will be sitting in the frame in a week or two. heres some pics![IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]< if you look close in the holes the flash caught the green inside the frame, thats the coating!
this next one is my hand.. thats not as bad as it actually is, u should see my arm and my ear! [IMG][/IMG]
sanded and painted the old shocks new with 2k miles.. hammer black. finished up the front bumper and motor mount with the chassis saver. put the tires back on the chassis. uncovered the motor, drained the oil. pulled the pan, inspected the bottom end. everything looked brand new! cylinder walls looked great. cleaned the pan out, reinstalled with new felpro gasket and torqued. put new valvoline 10w30 and an fram hp8 filter. installed new plugs and wires, i used accel plugs the shorties for header applications and autolite wires. cleaned off the old header gasket and put on the new and put the headers on, but didnt torque them yet. adapters are here tuesday! cant wait to bolt it all up!! that was about it for today, gonna take the carb off this week and clean it, then the valve covers need cleaned up and new gaskets as well. heres some pics[IMG]
installed the front bumper, freshly painted shocks, engine mount, and the little front plastic cover with the jeep logo. taking my time and using antiseize on evrything, so the next time i have to remove something, it comes right out.. going together smooth. trans is delays cause of a damn snow storm where it is. weather was beautiful today!