Bi-polar, bass-akwards, Necro has A.D.D build! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bi-polar, bass-akwards, Necro has A.D.D build!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #46
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Some companies are out right terrible in their business practices.
Others are ok, some are good. For custom stuff Polyperformance is on the ball. Ruffstuff isn't always the quickest, but once the e mail you your order has shipped, it did indeed ship. PCS is pretty darn quick with their shipping and has good shipping rates. Ballistic not so good unless something seriously changed, they are the absolute last place in the world I will ever buy a part from again.
My roll cage is by poly performance, it is pretty impressive but I don't know how much it cost since it was on my jeep when I got it. I'll just go on record as saying it's really nice for a pre fab cage. I saw a huge negative thread about Balistic performance over on Pirate, supposedly they're under new management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmason72 View Post
Just call your credit card company and tell them the issues you are having and cancel your payment through them. Most credit cards have built in protection against these issues.

I'm having the same problem with JeepTubes.com. Should have just bought a bender and done it myself.
My card hasn't been billed yet... I've tried to contact the company to tell them that if the hood isn't built yet, then just cancel my order, but they won't answer the phone... I'm a little upset that the last time I called to check on the hood they said that they were waiting on the company that they pay to build the hoods... I thought the company that I ordered from was who built the hoods... so I feel kinda cheated already...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #47
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know the guy you bought that from
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #48
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat

Metal Cloak was understanding and let me cancel my order
Did they give you any kind of projected date as to when they'd be in stock before you canceled your order? I ask because I finally pulled the trigger on my metalcloak bumper today since I know they won't be on sale forever.
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #49
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I know the guy you bought that from
I bought it from Maxx, he was a pretty cool guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
Did they give you any kind of projected date as to when they'd be in stock before you canceled your order? I ask because I finally pulled the trigger on my metalcloak bumper today since I know they won't be on sale forever.
They said they have the steel bumpers in stock, but they didn't know when the aluminum ones would be in.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #50
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Let me know when this is ready to go, yeah Maxx got pretty burned out on Jeepin
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #51
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Let me know when this is ready to go, yeah Maxx got pretty burned out on Jeepin
I'm trying to get up to Crozet this Saturday to wheel it. Maxx has my old TJ that he said he would prolly use for light wheeling with his room mate who has a pretty nice TJ on 35's.

I was supposed to get the battery box mounted inside the fender today, and have the rear rock slider welded onto the corner guard, but it's raining pretty hard today so that plan kinda fell through...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #52
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rub rail and battery tray install.

Got a little werk done on my Jeep today by Grouchy Tim and Greg.

This is the drivers side corner armor rub rail that I got with the Jeep, it needed a little trimming but other than that Tim and greg had it all welded together in about half an hour.

This is the Balistic Fab battery box that I also got when I bought the Jeep. Tim cut out two angle brackets that welded direct to the firewall and then the battery box welded on top of them for a nice secure battery.

Tim also ran a quick bead on the top tube for the tube fender, just to keep the tack welds from breaking when the Jeep flexes on the trail, and the fuse pannel was suspended off of the top tube near the battery box so that all the cables should reach just fine. I took some pics but the light was dim and my phone blurred them. I'll take some more tomorrow.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #53
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rub rail and battery install part 2

Did a little bit of rip out of wires that went to no where... I'm assuming some of these went to the aftermarket gauges and that there used to be a set of Piaa fog lights on the Jeep at one time...

Here's the battery tray holding a yellow top... my least favorite battery ever.. but what the heck, it was free so I'll take it. This photo also shows the relocation of the factory fuse box.

Got the drivers side rear quarter armor and rub rail painted and installed, then popped in the tail light and plugged it in.

This is the better looking side of the Jeep with it's complete front fender... even though the fender is broken at the grill just like the old one on the other side was...

Here's what the battery box looks like from the inner fender well... I plan on doing something completely different with the fenders all together in the near future, but I asked Grouchy Tim to throw a small weld front and rear of the upper tube just to make sure it holds in place when I go wheeling at Crozet this weekend.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #54
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Harness install, reservoir mounting, and loaded up for Crozet.

Today I bolted in the harnesses, mounted the remote reservoirs, finished bolting on the corner armor, installed the missing lug nuts, inflated a tire that had leaked down, quick fixed a locking hub but it's still missing two bolts out of 6, checked and aired up my trailer tires, and loaded my truck up for Crozet tomorrow...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #55
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That windshield would drive me nuts on the trail!

Looks good man, cant wait to see it out
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #56
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Easy fix for the windshield, just take it off.
Also start thinking about a different way to strap the Jeep to the trailer tying it down from the bumpers or frame isn't a good thing. Get some straps or add a means to hook the straps to the axles. The Jeep leaving the trailer while towing isn't a good thing
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #57
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a threaded chain link on my strap and run it around the opposite side of the pumpkin and hook the strap into the link. It is pretty easy that way.

Jeep looks great! Time for a bigger truck!
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #58
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Easy fix for the windshield, just take it off
I have given up on the idea of spending lots of cash to convert this rig back to a daily driver, but whenever possible if I need to spend money on it I want to keep 1 eye on the daily driver aspect of things. The glass in the windshield frame will get replaced eventually, after I've made quick disconnects for the whole assembly.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #59
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So did you take it out this weekend?
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #60
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
So did you take it out this weekend?

2006 LJ SOLD!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.