Bi-polar, bass-akwards, Necro has A.D.D build! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bi-polar, bass-akwards, Necro has A.D.D build!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've seen other people do this on their build threads and thought it was a good idea.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so I'm on the second page now, so I'll stop reserving spots.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That's a bad *** TJ, screw the legality. Pick up another 4cyl, do a basic 33" set up, and have that be your streetable wheeler. It's gonna take a lot to even get close to any tire coverage as it sits! Nice buy though!
Thanks, I might buy something else as a beater vehicle later on, but the first goal is going to be getting out from under my tow rig payment. If I can just drive the Jeep to the trails then I wouldn't need the tow rig anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Here is where I would start, go wheel it, see how that goes, get all that solved.
The instrument cluster wiring connectors still there or wiring hacked up for the custom dash?.
A set of gauges runs 200-300 bucks

When it's wheelable, try a short drive on the street, see how that goes, you could decide that, street driving isn't for this Jeep.
If it drives and steers good at higher speeds and the brakes work well, then start looking for smaller narrower tires and deal with the bumpers, fenders, wipers and lighting.
Flatlander drove his in Virginia, without fender coverage, but with some kind of light stalks, you might want to look in to that
The only thing it needs to be wheelable right now is to mount the battery tray to the firewall... I plan on taking it to Crozet next weekend with some friends of mine to see how I like it and what I want to do to it. I took out a bank loan to pay for it so it has to have insurance and tags on it, and since it has to have all that I might as well have fun driving it around on the street if I can.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That thing is pretty ba**ss. I'll look forward to seeing it in person. If you don't have a specific inspection station in mind, my advice on street legality would be to take it to Starr Motors and have them do an inspection. The guys there all have Jeeps and they'll give you a list of things you will need to do.

Either way, good luck with this one.

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Does anything have to me mounted to the steering wheel to make it street legal? If so then your screwed with that full hydro, a clock spring will never work with full hydro.

I see this rig has a Clayton lift, you gonna change that or see how it works before ya take a torch to it?
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am glad we don't have all of those fancy rules for driving our rigs on the road. Necro, bring that sweet thing to OK and I will wheel the snot out of it. nice rig man
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #22
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
That thing is pretty ba**ss. I'll look forward to seeing it in person. If you don't have a specific inspection station in mind, my advice on street legality would be to take it to Starr Motors and have them do an inspection. The guys there all have Jeeps and they'll give you a list of things you will need to do.

Either way, good luck with this one.
I'm starting to think I might not try to make it street legal, it would almost be cheaper to just buy another Jeep for daily driving. I might even buy a Cherokee... :gasp:

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Does anything have to me mounted to the steering wheel to make it street legal? If so then your screwed with that full hydro, a clock spring will never work with full hydro.

I see this rig has a Clayton lift, you gonna change that or see how it works before ya take a torch to it?
Yeah, the airbag is supposed to be there, lolz

As far as the clayton lift is concerned I'm going to wheel it as is for a while. I think the rig is up high enough that the couple inches for the lower link mounts shouldnt matter. The crossmember for the rear double triangulated links and the bottom of the Atlas hang down about the same amount. Besides I'm always reading about how much you like yours so now I can experience it for myself

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I am glad we don't have all of those fancy rules for driving our rigs on the road. Necro, bring that sweet thing to OK and I will wheel the snot out of it. nice rig man
Yeah, sometimes I miss Colorado for that very reason. You wouldnt know what to do with it, youd get in on the wrong side!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #25
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
Yeah, sometimes I miss Colorado for that very reason. You wouldnt know what to do with it, youd get in on the wrong side!
Herd dat!....Thats rock bouncer speak! hahaha
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #26
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Herd dat!....Thats rock bouncer speak! hahaha
I wish I had the money to play with those guys!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

How long do you guys usually accept as normal when you order parts for your TJ's?

I ordered a winch, a bumper, and some d-ring mounts on the 15th, and I haven't even recieved a shipping comformation yet...

I ordered a soft top from JC whitney, and got it 3 days later... I ordered some Carhart clothes a coupledays ago, and got shipping confirmation the next day, and it's scheduled to be delivered either tomorrow or wednesday...

I tried to order some parts from Savvy offroad a few days ago, and Gerald refused to sell to me, stating that I was to big a pain in the arse to deal with before... I thought that I was overly understanding with Gerald and Savvy and all of the repetitive problems I had with them in the past, and I thought that he and I had worked everything out. Blaine extended a very large olive branch, to help smooth things over and I wanted to repay him by continueing my buisness with Savvy, but it didn't work out that way.

So is it normal opperating procedure to have to wait several weeks to a month when you guys order parts from vendors on Jeep Forum? If so I'd rather pay full price and get my parts in a couple of days rather than save $10 and miss out wheeling with my friends because I haven't got my parts in yet

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #28
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat
How long do you guys usually accept as normal when you order parts for your TJ's?

I ordered a winch, a bumper, and some d-ring mounts on the 15th, and I haven't even recieved a shipping comformation yet...

I ordered a soft top from JC whitney, and got it 3 days later... I ordered some Carhart clothes a coupledays ago, and got shipping confirmation the next day, and it's scheduled to be delivered either tomorrow or wednesday...

I tried to order some parts from Savvy offroad a few days ago, and Gerald refused to sell to me, stating that I was to big a pain in the arse to deal with before... I thought that I was overly understanding with Gerald and Savvy and all of the repetitive problems I had with them in the past, and I thought that he and I had worked everything out. Blaine extended a very large olive branch, to help smooth things over and I wanted to repay him by continueing my buisness with Savvy, but it didn't work out that way.

So is it normal opperating procedure to have to wait several weeks to a month when you guys order parts from vendors on Jeep Forum? If so I'd rather pay full price and get my parts in a couple of days rather than save $10 and miss out wheeling with my friends because I haven't got my parts in yet
I ordered my currie tjj trackbar through savvy and I got pretty quickly. Within a week IIRC. Usually I get parts within a week or less since I'm smack dab in the middle of the US. Ordered somethin through poison Spyder and they got it to me in about a week. And I always choose the free or cheapest shipping available.
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
I ordered my currie tjj trackbar through savvy and I got pretty quickly. Within a week IIRC. Usually I get parts within a week or less since I'm smack dab in the middle of the US. Ordered somethin through poison Spyder and they got it to me in about a week. And I always choose the free or cheapest shipping available.
Owasso! Howdy!
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

It took two months to get wheels and a 6 weeks for seats, it was normal since the all had to be built.
If it's stuff in stock then....a week to 10 days.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.