Before and After - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Before and After

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
magicmudder

Before and After (pics)

I was uploading some pics of my jeep (84 CJ7 w/258) in the snow and ran across this first pic on my computer. It was taken four years ago not too long after I got the jeep. My uncle was the original owner and he never even had the hardtop off ot it except once to paint the jeep. His friend owned a body shop so it got a good paint job for a Jeep. It had 80,000 miles on it when I got it.

Little Jeep

After about six months of driving it, I put a 4"suspension lift and 3" body lift (before I knew better) to clear the 35 SSR's.

Later I added Bestop heated seats, bikini top, 750 watt amp, 2 R.F. dual voice 10" subs (all hidden with a fan to cool the amp), pioneer cd, etc......and my friend just finished painting the hardtop

Just received my 4.56 gears (gotta make time to put them in ) and them I'm going SOA, losing some of the body lift, and going with 37's, 38's or 39.5's.....still haven't decided (I change my mind every day on the lift and tires )....and it's been at least three months since I needed tires......gotta decide soon before they wear down to 33's

Last edited by magicmudder; 01-24-2003 at 10:44 PM..
magicmudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
habman

Outstanding CJ!

HABMAN
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #0

1977 CJ-7 with all stainless hardware, fittings. hoses and lines.
Glass body in fresh Imron Medium Royal Plum Purple with bright freaking yellow interior.
New Tuffy Stereo Security Console
New BesTop Supertop
Full 8 point cage with frame ties.
33 X 12.50 Yokohama AT + II, I dumped my FRENCH made BFG's
400cid Chevy SB and 350 Turbo trans
All fresh from an off frame resto summer of 02, but is it ever really finished?
habman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
datree

hidden subs

"dual voice 10" subs (all hidden with a fan to cool the amp), "
can you take sum picsof this so that i can see how you did it.
i was thinking on doin this myself. but dont know where to start.
thanks
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
98' Sport
Goodyear 31/10.50/15
Colored Reverse Lights
Snake eyes
Purple with Black Soft Top

Need Money, so if you wanna help out send a check to

Tim Steinke
1300 Academy Rd. #433
Culver, IN 46511
datree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
magicmudder

I can't take any pics because they're hidden .......just kidding, but I'll take a few pics of what you can see in the next day or two and post them for ya.

They're behind the back seat facing foward. The box is bolted to the body in a few places and the amp is bolted to the top of the box. Then I made a wood cover to lay flat with the two fender humps and covered it with a black material to match the seats. The amp did fine in the winter, but in the summer it got too hot, so I added a couple of fans from an old computer to circulate some air through an opening.

I'll get some pics up soon
Unread 01-25-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
datree

alright thanks alot,,, ill be waiting
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
98' Sport
Goodyear 31/10.50/15
Colored Reverse Lights
Snake eyes
Purple with Black Soft Top

Need Money, so if you wanna help out send a check to

Tim Steinke
1300 Academy Rd. #433
Culver, IN 46511
datree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Dumb_Ass_2003

That thing looks AWESOME. I wanna see how you hid those subs too!
JVC deck, Pioneer 4x6's and 6x9's, two 12" MTX subs.
Dumb_Ass_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:04 PM   #7
4x4 XJ

Very very nice and CLEAN. I've always liked CJ's but I never picked one up due to the fact I don't have time to tweak and fix things. I've had a dead fan for the past month and never fixed it. Oh well...
BFGs
4x4 XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #8
magicmudder

Here's the pics. I pulled the carpet back on each side so you could see it a little better. They're not the best pics because the hardtop's on and it's hard to get in there.

The tailgate will come down, but I've got some wires attached to it and you have to remove them to get in there, but hopefully you can see it ok here. Only the top part of the box is covered since you don't see anything else. The amp is mounted under that hump in the middle. There are two small openings at the front of the hump between the box and the seat where the air is pulled through.

Here's the only abnormal shape that I had to cut for the box to clear the latches for the tailgate

Here's where the amp gets it's air from (that light blue circle that you can barely see). I purposely slanted the top back a little to leave room between it and the seat. But the top of the box is flush with the seat the the tubs.

Datree, hoped that helped a little or gave you some ideas. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Sorry, it's a little dirty for ya to see too good, but we've got snow here and everyone's been piling in the jeep and throwing their wet clothes in the back.
Unread 01-25-2003, 09:18 PM   #9
TheGreenMachine

That is a REALLY nice looking Jeep.

I like that setup with the box in the back. I have two 10s in a box in back in my TJ. Hopefully i won't have problems with the amp getting to hot in the summer. Do you think the reason you amp was getting hot is because it sat on top of the box?

Nice looking jeep though,

Pat
TheGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #10
magicmudder

Pat,

It just got hot because the amp is under that cover. When I first put it in, I didn't have that piece of wood covered with vinyl on top of the amp and it did fine, but I was worried about someone stealing it so I made that cover. There's only about 1/4" between the top of the amp and the bottom of the cover so of course it would get too hot some days. The breaker would kick in and the amp would turn off ......then after a few seconds it would come back on .

I finally got tired of that happening so thats when I put in a couple of small fans near the fins of the amp and I've had no problems since.
Unread 01-26-2003, 02:25 AM   #11
TheGreenMachine

Ooh Ok. I got it now.

Sounds like i wont have a problem with heat than. I don't have as much space behind my backseat so you don't even know anything is back there unless you hear them on

I was thinking when it rains i might have a problem. It still might be a good idea to cover them up with a cover like you have there. And fans would work well keepn it cool. Nice idea though.

Pat
TheGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2003, 11:31 AM   #12
thecarman

That's is a nice jeep!
Unread 01-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #13
93jeepyj2.5

Its amazing how bigger tires and a lift can change the looks of a vehicle so much. Nice CJ.

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.