Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #121
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

The color looks like a close match to the wheel color. Glad to see this rig coming along. Looking good.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #122
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

boy has this thing changed! Shocked I havent seen this around CHICAGOLAND
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #123
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are these narrow or standard? Steel or aluminum? Are those 35s or 37s?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #124
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Are these narrow or standard? Steel or aluminum? Are those 35s or 37s?
Wide, steel over 35s on stock wheels with 1.75 spacers.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #125
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well got to test everything out at the Cliffs Jeep Thing event, 2 days of wheeling and camping. Had blast but did not take a lot of photos. Here's a few.

06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #126
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Spent my evenings this week cleaning the mud out.

Unread 07-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #127
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow haha. That's a hell of a lot of mud!

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #128
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
... Did you put your ACE rails to any heavy use? Mine have been flexing like crazy and the bolts are all torqued down properly. I was debating selling them off and getting something more sturdy. I called ACE and they said I needed to pair them with the Rubicon rails and I just noticed you have that combination.
An update to this question:

I noticed while cleaning it that I had some damage to the ACE rails. We were at the Badlands a few weeks ago, I slipped off a rock ledge I was trying to climb and hit very hard. Hard enough that I got out and inspected the skids and front suspension expecting to find some damage. I didn't look closely at the rock rails.

Turns out I dented the rail but cannot see any damage to the stock Rubi rails. So for the price I think they did a great job.

Unread 07-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #129
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Wow haha. That's a hell of a lot of mud!
Yeah after spraying it all down the mud built up at the end of my driveway, about 3ft by 3ft, 2" deep. There was a lot in the skid plates and bumpers. I had to use a snow shovel to scrape it all up.

Unread 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #130
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
An update to this question:

I noticed while cleaning it that I had some damage to the ACE rails. We were at the Badlands a few weeks ago, I slipped off a rock ledge I was trying to climb and hit very hard. Hard enough that I got out and inspected the skids and front suspension expecting to find some damage. I didn't look closely at the rock rails.

Turns out I dented the rail but cannot see any damage to the stock Rubi rails. So for the price I think they did a great job.

Thanks for this update. Still up in the air with what I want to do.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #131
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! That's one hell of a mud hole you're playing in there. I'm sure clean up took some time...

Did I miss the part of your build where you removed the carpet and lined the tub or is that just the black paint? I thought it looks textured but maybe not.
Unread 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #132
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, No you didn't miss it, it's just black paint and the sound deadening stuff they put in small patches. But while I had the rug out lining it did cross my mind.

Unread 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #133
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

I used Monstaliner on my '99 TJ. It was a great product. The prep work was more than I would ever want to do again.
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #134
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Thanks, No you didn't miss it, it's just black paint and the sound deadening stuff they put in small patches. But while I had the rug out lining it did cross my mind.
We should have a Raptor liner party ! I have had the carpet out for awhile now and have been putting off the lining process for too long. I wonder if it could be applied over Lizard skin to keep some of the heat away from the cabin?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #135
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
I used Monstaliner on my '99 TJ. It was a great product. The prep work was more than I would ever want to do again.
Truth be told that's why I've not gotten serious about doing it to my LJ yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
We should have a Raptor liner party ! I have had the carpet out for awhile now and have been putting off the lining process for too long. I wonder if it could be applied over Lizard skin to keep some of the heat away from the cabin?
That would be interesting, when I had the carpet out of my LJ the floor / driveline hump on the passenger side gets hot enough to hurt bare feet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.