Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, the ACE sliders are awesome! They look great fitted over the stock rubi rails. That is the combo I ran on my '07 JKUR and loved it. They can take a beating too...

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #32
vettenut48
2013 JK Wrangler 

Subscribed, I just picked up my 13 JKUR Jan 11th, planning my build now, probably a little milder than yours. Just noticed your location, my office is in Palatine, live in Wheaton. Just sold my TJ and was going to fund the build but I just bought a 07 JKU with a blown motor to flip, then the build will start and be ready for spring.
photo-3-.jpg  
vettenut48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #33
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Subbed. Can't wait to see more progress.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #34
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Subbed. Can't wait to see more progress.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
X2.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, This snow and cold is killing me. As soon as it warms up it will be a mad dash to get it all done. As 7" of snow was falling UPS delivered some Truck Lights I picked up for 419 delivered.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
Thanks, This snow and cold is killing me. As soon as it warms up it will be a mad dash to get it all done. As 7" of snow was falling UPS delivered some Truck Lights I picked up for 419 delivered.
With all that snow, carry some de-ice spray for those truck lites! It can get hard to see when the snow/ice covers them.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
With all that snow, carry some de-ice spray for those truck lites! It can get hard to see when the snow/ice covers them.
I was worried about that, but several guys who live in Canada and get a lot more snow, say they haven't had a problem and love the lights. So I took the leap, time will tell.

06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #38
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had trouble in KY, on Christmas Eve. Going to church was fine, it sleeted (icey rain), and when I left church it was like having just fogs.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #39
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Did you ever get your fenders installed? They quickly become a top priority for me and I am at decision making time. Been looking at lots of pictures and considering options.
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

No it's been to cold to rattle can them, just got another 7" of snow.

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #41
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did you get the lift installed yet? I want to hear how the MC control arms work out . I realize we just got dumped on with more snow, just seeing if you had installed it yet.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

No not yet, Been waiting 9 weeks for my rear tire carrier bumper, want to do armor and lift at the same time. Since others have posted the lift is over 4" without the added weight.

Unread 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got my Truck Light LEDS installed. It was super easy with the grill off. Used dielectric grease on the connections. I also did the mesh mod. Plenty of write ups on both so just have finished pic. I used aluminum gutter guard for the mesh, hardest part was pealing the double sided tape off of 32 tie wrap 1" mounts so I could super glue them to the grill.

Unread 03-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #44
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

HaHa, looking at the pic I just noticed I need to put the turn signals back in the lenses.

Unread 03-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #45
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Still trying to figure out a highlight color for the grill mesh, and spiders that will be on the Poison Spyder diff covers and front bumper.

Choices are:

Green - daughter's choice
Yellow - one of mine
Red - wife's choice
Silver - my safe choice

What do you think?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.