Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #151
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow! I hadn't checked in for a while, a lot has happened. Love the blue accent paint work you did in inside the Jeep. Sorry to hear of your troubles on the trail. Just out of curiosity what tire pressure were you running when you lost the bead?

Regarding the front axle shafts, IMHO I'd put that 10% off coupon to work on a set of Ten Factory shafts. Unless you can find a junk yard set or even better, a doner set from someone who has upgraded. I just couldn't justify putting $200 into OEM equipment. Frankly, I'm shocked it broke based on your description of events. I've watched a lot of JK's on stock front axle shafts with 35's beat the hell out of them on dry rocks with good traction and are able to drive home. Maybe a defective part out of the factory. Either way, that sux and again sorry for your troubles. Good Luck in what ever you decide.

Unread 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #152
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
Wow! I hadn't checked in for a while, a lot has happened. Love the blue accent paint work you did in inside the Jeep. Sorry to hear of your troubles on the trail. Just out of curiosity what tire pressure were you running when you lost the bead?

Regarding the front axle shafts, IMHO I'd put that 10% off coupon to work on a set of Ten Factory shafts. Unless you can find a junk yard set or even better, a doner set from someone who has upgraded. I just couldn't justify putting $200 into OEM equipment. Frankly, I'm shocked it broke based on your description of events. I've watched a lot of JK's on stock front axle shafts with 35's beat the hell out of them on dry rocks with good traction and are able to drive home. Maybe a defective part out of the factory. Either way, that sux and again sorry for your troubles. Good Luck in what ever you decide.
Thanks! I was running 13# when I blew the bead, never had a problem on the LJ with DC wheels at that pressure. I think I'm going to up the fronts to 15# on these stock wheels.

I don't know any body with take-off axles and could not find any within a 400 mile radius on Craigslist. I know I'd keep them as spares for the trail

I'm running ten factory shafts in the LJ and was leaning that way again.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #153
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I thought you sold the LJ or at least had it for sale at one point?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #154
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I decided to keep it. Now I don't have the extra money to continue mods on this one and I have to save to fund repairs and mods on two.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #155
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why not sell it. I know it's a very nice jeep but you could put the money towards hydro assist,front and rear shafts,37s,etc and have money leftover in the bank.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #156
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Because I'm think there is some wheeling I want to do that the JK is just to new and wide for. So eventually put a real roll cage, suspension seats and harness in the LJ, I'll probably never build the JK that much. Who knows my youngest wants it for DD.

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #157
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Go hardcore with the LJ, keep the JK for family fun. If I had two Jeeps I'd ditch the back seat in my TJ and never look back....then make it my full on toy, that is still streetable.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #158
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just placed an order with Northridge for the Ten factory front chromoly shafts, are there any hidden gotcha's doing this on a 2013 JK or any additional parts needed?

Unread 02-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #159
mcicero

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Wide, steel over 35s on stock wheels with 1.75 spacers.

I have repeatedly returned to your build to check it out as I love the look of the stock wheels and the lift with the fender flares. I am not sure about where you live, but in Maine we have pretty strict tire coverage laws. I noticed that you said you had the wide PSC fenders. I found on the site a picture depicting the difference between the 3 but not the wide ones for sale. Did you have to order them specially? Also how much larger are they over the stock fenders? Thanks and great jeep once again.
mcicero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #160
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You install those shafts yet? Wondering if you had any problems with those inner seals.
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #161
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

I know it's late but there's no nuances with the front shafts at least on my 08! Hope you got em in ok!

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.