JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/beast-2-build-13-jkur-1460311/)

Filthy-Beast 01-07-2013 04:41 PM

Beast 2 build - 13 JKUR

We just got a 2013 JK Unlimited Rubi.

http://www.bigaperture.com/Wheeling/...0106_007-L.jpg

I didn't document the build and multiple transformation of the Filthy-Beast so thought I would start with this one. The filthy Beast is shown below.

http://www.bigaperture.com/Wheeling/...IMG_2751-M.jpg

Filthy-Beast 01-07-2013 05:05 PM

Here's what's planned for the new beast, let me know what you think?

Sell painted hard top:rolleyes:

MetalCloak 3.5" Game Changer lift with 6-pack shocks (on order)

Ace rock rails (on order)

Ace rear tire carrier bumper (on order)

River Raider skids, oil pan, trans, transfer case, gas. (on order)

Poison Spyder Rock Brawler lite bumper, with lower skid and winch mount.

Poison Spyder Crusher front and rear flares.

Poison Spyder Bombshell D44 covers.

Goodyear MTR/K, still haven't decided between 35 or 37 inch.

Superwinch Talon 12.5i SR

Front DS

Artec trusses and gussets

Gears

Chromalloy shafts

Mount CB and HAM radios

inside red LEDs

442Wrangler 01-07-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast (Post 14749267)
Here's what's planned for the new beast, let me know what you think?

Sell painted hard top:rolleyes:

MetalCloak 3.5" Game Changer lift with 6-pack shocks (on order)

3.5" is a lot of lift for 35s on a JK. Unless that is you plan to go up in size?

Ace rock rails (on order)

Check out nemesis or teraflex. Aluminum is :drool:

Ace rear tire carrier bumper (on order)

I have never seen this but heard good things about ace.

River Raider skids, oil pan, trans, transfer case, gas. (on order)

Don't forget about that evap canister. Not sure if this comes with this kit, I'd hope so.

Poison Spyder Rock Brawler lite bumper, with lower skid and winch mount.

Forget PS. Honestly they have lost a lot of quality since the new owners took over, buddy had the rear tire carrier and the welds rusted through. Look at RC's hybrid bumper. I run it, it's light and sweet plus incorporates fog pods. As for a skid look at expedition one's rubi skid.

Poison Spyder Crusher front and rear flares.

See above.

Poison Spyder Bombshell D44 covers.

Goodyear MTR/K, still haven't decided between 35 or 37 inch.

Looks good to me.

Superwinch Talon 12.5i SR

Personal preference but I like it.

Front DS

Artec trusses and gussets

Gears

What size? If you have the 4.10s factory then there isn't a need to regear with 35s

Chromalloy shafts

Mount CB and HAM radios

Of course!

inside red LEDs

When did you get a new JF name man? Still wheelin' with Brad and the gang? Anyway commentary above. Also check out Sonic Build by Spyder6. He has some good stuff goin' on.

442Wrangler 01-07-2013 06:58 PM

Oh and dibs on the Rubi wheels if you ever upgrade! :D

Filthy-Beast 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442Wrangler (Post 14750142)
When did you get a new JF name man? Still wheelin' with Brad and the gang? Anyway commentary above. Also check out Sonic Build by Spyder6. He has some good stuff goin' on.

Changed it a year ago, went with the name we gave the LJ "Filthy Beast" and my ham license, W4TFB, Whiskey-4-The-Filthy-Beast.

I haven't gotten out for 6mths, been to busy with work and family stuff, looking forward to getting back into wheeling. How about you?

I was interested in aluminum armor but everybody that sells it puts a big note, can not take the same abuse as steel.

Freudian slip on the lift order, the original plan was 2.5" version, but I ordered the 3.5. Crazy flex both up and down with this lift. I want 37s but it will be hard to fund everything needed to run them correctly.

Before buying the tires I was thinking of using adapters and putting the
DC2 wheels with 35" MTRs from the Beast on it for a week to see what it looks like. I still have to figure-out if 15" DC2s will clear the calipers on the JK.

Wife really likes that PSC bumper, I'll check-out the other stuff, I didn't realize they changed owners.

I'll also checkout Spyder6's build, thanks for the heads-up.

Filthy-Beast 01-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442Wrangler (Post 14750165)
Oh and dibs on the Rubi wheels if you ever upgrade! :D

Sorry wife a saw these and told me the wheels had to stay.

http://www.bigaperture.com/Wheeling/...0106_009-M.jpg

dayriesw 01-08-2013 07:24 PM

I got to say, I liked those wheels from far away, but thats pretty nifty. Wife must be a keeper too.

I would still powder coat them black (wheels).

Filthy-Beast 01-08-2013 09:48 PM

Yeah she is. She wants to do the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon trail this August. So the trick will be to built this up enough to handle the trip and still have funds for the trip.

Filthy-Beast 01-08-2013 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We also got a silver 2012 JK to go with the 2013 JK this Christmas.

It flexes pretty good and even has Poison Spyder bumpers.

Filthy-Beast 01-08-2013 09:57 PM

Here's a closer look at this fine beast. The Axial 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

http://www.bigaperture.com/Wheeling/...0106_001-L.jpg

David_M 01-08-2013 10:21 PM

Congrats! Looks like you have a nice build going on here. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I too am building up a 2013, but I opted for the sport to build the way I wanted. I love the black Rubicon...That is one fine Beast and I can't wait to see it grow up. Good Luck!

:cheers2:
David M

Filthy-Beast 01-08-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_M (Post 14758193)
Congrats! Looks like you have a nice build going on here. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. I too am building up a 2013, but I opted for the sport to build the way I wanted. I love the black Rubicon...That is one fine Beast and I can't wait to see it grow up. Good Luck!

:cheers2:
David M

Thanks, I really like the look of yours. I started out looking for gecko but all they had in stock within a hundred miles of Chicago was one gecko green rubi with matching painted top and fenders it was just too much.

David_M 01-09-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast (Post 14758264)
Thanks, I really like the look of yours. I started out looking for gecko but all they had in stock within a hundred miles of Chicago was one gecko green rubi with matching painted top and fenders it was just too much.

Completely understand and agree. I believe they look so much better with the contrast of Black.

442Wrangler 01-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast (Post 14758049)
Yeah she is. She wants to do the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon trail this August. So the trick will be to built this up enough to handle the trip and still have funds for the trip.

I'll probably see you out there for that one. Either that or Moab. I work for the NPS during the summer about 3 hours from Moab in the heart of the San Juan Range.

Read your reasoning and hey looks good to me. :cheers2:

Oh and I honestly have had very little time to head out and wheel at all and money due to we'll say, ahem, a certain high official. But I know when I go back west during the summer it's easy to play because I'm surrounded by trails.

Filthy-Beast 01-13-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442Wrangler (Post 14760967)
I'll probably see you out there for that one. Either that or Moab. I work for the NPS during the summer about 3 hours from Moab in the heart of the San Juan Range.

So jealous! I'd be there almost every weekend, with so many trails it will be hard to get bored.

The time now is 06:51 PM.