Okay, time for a death wobble update.
After talking with Mr. Blaine I have pretty clear plan of action. Here's what I've done/have planned so far:
1. Dry steering test to check for any loose rod ends or bushings. Saw some slight movement on the tie rod joint where it meets the draglink but didn't seem that bad (back to this later)
2. Re torqued EVERYTHING.
3. Had my tires balanced and rotated.
3. Set my toe OUT 3/4" as per Mr. Blaine's instruction. After doing this I went on a test drive and most of my DW had disappeared. Blaine warned me that if I had this result it meant that my upper control arm bushings were bad and I would need to replace the axle side upper bushings.
4. Blaine mentioned that i should replace them with either new factory style bushings or with the JJ ones. I went with Moog OEM style for now to make sure that was the issue. What a pain in the arse it was to get those off. The drivers side was the worst.... I had to make a pressing jig to get it out. Here is a diagram of what I did:
Now that the new ones are in almost all of the DW is gone. But it still feels a little weird and I'm worried that it could come back full force on me. So...
5. (Back to step 1) I redid the dry steer test and noticed that the movement in the tie rod was worse than before. So I picked up the parts to do a ZJ tie rod conversion. I figured it's a better time than any to do it and if I'm going to have to buy 2 new tie rod ends why not spend an extra 50 and upgrade. So I'll do the swap and go for a ride to see if that does the trick. If not, on to step 6.
6. Savvy aluminum control arms.
I am really looking forward to this being resolved. Need to stop spending money on this so I can start saving again for tires. Was hoping for a tax refund but it looks like I'll be paying Uncle Sam about 1,500 extra this year on top of the insane amount I've already been robbed of...
More to come.