Bbuschs' stealth Rubicon build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bbuschs' stealth Rubicon build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 09-25-2010, 02:48 AM   #16
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow cool my thread got some life...

Console under construction

About to upgrade to a dual battery setup along with a multiple battery regulator.

Premier Power Welder going under the hood w/195 amp alternator

And I suppose this is what it's all about.

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #17
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Iceman, if you could specify what pics of the OBA setup you would like I could take some. Let me know.

Otherwise hope these suffice...

My Rig

Unread 09-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
golficon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dannggg, I don't think there is anything about your jeep that I don't like. Awesome jeep. Just curious, is it your DD?
golficon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It was a daily driver in the winter, summer I broke up the driving duties with the Bimmer. *edit May 2011... recently leased a Toyota to break up the hard winter driving duty, maintenance is costly so I am able to justify another car. I am still looking for the 05 Rubicon Sahara and will make that happen when the time is right.

Bimmer recently placed in storage for a few years.

LJ similar to the one I am tracking down to help with winter driving and so I can start another build.

My Rig

Unread 09-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo-Alex View Post
Hi bbusch,

very nice Rubicon!!!

Can you tell me where i can buy these speaker pods?

Here is a link to my website.

Home Page

My Rig

Unread 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #21
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Few new mods to the heep thought I would share...

New iphone RAM mount on the roll cage.

So with the center console under construction I purchased the sub the other day, an Alpine SWR T10.

Not marked but measures only 3.25" deep

New studded Good Year Duratracs 315 75R16 in size

And a few poser shots after a bath

My Rig

Unread 04-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #22
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Almost forgot.. I upgraded to Focal Polyglass 165cvx speakers in the pods. WOW is all I can say, at 75w RMS they scream!

Poser shot in a set of unfinished pods

Also had to rebuild the 4.0 motor... errr! Noticed issues starting at 30K miles but none of the dealerships could figure out what was wrong. After a parts chase and then a no turning back point I became sorry I didn't cut my loses around June 2010 and do the V8 (one of those wish I had know).

Rebuild took place eight years into ownership (bought her brand new) @ 114K miles. Installed new Hesco cam shaft, high volume oil pump, lifters and entire valve train. Also last June she got a Centerforce clutch, Banks header to go with the Banks exhaust.. oh and the aluminum radiator happened to go in around that time as well.

All that money on the engine rebuild I should throw on a Hoodlift! AEM air intake to be replaced with a MCAI as soon as Mac has more produced.

Old cam shaft (not bad after 114K, might as well while I'm doing the rebuild)

My Rig

Unread 04-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #23
Dirt_runner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You have an awesome and clean Jeep . How many times do you run the Rubicon in the summer?
Dirt_runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Holy **** you have the most amazing Jeep I've seen in a long time. I love everything about your build. Especially the HID front light set up. And the rear LED's and everything. The plugs in your console made me giggle. I've never seen that before and I love it. What a cool idea!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #25
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I liked your other two sets of tires better.

Why the change?

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #26
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_runner View Post
You have an awesome and clean Jeep . How many times do you run the Rubicon in the summer?

Thank you so much! Run the con about once a year all the way through but I'm tucked up on the trail in different spots helping throughout the summer quite often w/Friends of the Rubicon or just to get lost from the rat race.

My Rig

Unread 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #27
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Holy **** you have the most amazing Jeep I've seen in a long time. I love everything about your build. Especially the HID front light set up. And the rear LED's and everything. The plugs in your console made me giggle. I've never seen that before and I love it. What a cool idea!!!
Thank you, I take much pride in her... oh glad her console made you giggle.

The plugs are very handy for lots of creature comforts on the trail. Also if you can't take your rig out on the trail I often have a group going so I'm sure someone could spare a seat or two (for a friend) on the right weekend. July and August are good months for cruzin trails, I believe I have a friend flying in from Denver 4th of July weekend so when we're not on the lake that week we'll be on the Con.

My Rig

Unread 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #28
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedderX_ View Post
I liked your other two sets of tires better.

Why the change?

I run different tires depending on the time of year. May through October I run the Creepy Crawlers and November through April run the studded GY Duratrecs as the Creepys are not worth a damn for winter driving not to mention they are not a DD tire. I'm not a big fan of BFG so I sold the KM2s recently while I could still get good coin out of them and try something else. The studded set of Maxxis Big Horns were finally wore out btw (and yes I have been known to have three or four sets of tires at a time... kinda like changing shoes for you or me). As for the GY Duratrecs, they are studded for snow driving and handle quite excellent.

Left to Right... Maxxis Big Horns studded 35" in size, BFG KM2's in 315 75R16 and the ones on her are the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers 35" in size (mounted on my old beadlocks, pic taken before my 5 on 5.5 Warn hub and axel conversion)... Goodyears not pictured below as this is an old picture.

My Rig

Unread 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #29
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
Thank you, I take much pride in her... oh glad her console made you giggle.

The plugs are very handy for lots of creature comforts on the trail. Also if you can't take your rig out on the trail I often have a group going so I'm sure someone could spare a seat or two (for a friend) on the right weekend or whatever. July and August are good months for cruzin trails, I believe I have a friend flying in from Denver 4th of July weekend so when we're not on the lake that week we'll be on the Con.
Yeah, those plugs are pretty ingenious. And dang that sounds awesome! If you're up for another wheeling friend I'd love to join you guys sometime. Sometimes being in the passenger seat is just as fun as driving, you know!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #30
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Yeah, those plugs are pretty ingenious. And dang that sounds awesome! If you're up for another wheeling friend I'd love to join you guys sometime. Sometimes being in the passenger seat is just as fun as driving, you know!

Sarah you are welcome to come up anytime.. I will be back at my place in Tahoe sometime early June and will probably hit up Fordyce or the Con before July so I'll hit you up and let you know.

My Rig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.