Bbuschs' stealth Rubicon build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bbuschs' stealth Rubicon build

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #151
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerTX View Post
Really like the build, so clean, sorry to hear about the ARB bumper.
Are you selling the other bumper?
Thanks! As for the bumper I am considering selling it but haven't made up my mind yet. Its a very stout bumper and doubles as an air tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post
this is a clean rig! I just mailed you regarding ordering some LT METALLIC KHAKI speaker pods! Those things are beautiful.
I will go check out my email, thanks for the compliment! The pods not only look great but they sound amazing with a pair of powered Focals!

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #152
troy08er
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
Wow cool my thread got some life...

Console under construction

About to upgrade to a dual battery setup along with a multiple battery regulator.

Premier Power Welder going under the hood w/195 amp alternator

And I suppose this is what it's all about.

Awesome, what was your process on making the speaker console? Thanks
troy08er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #153
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have many road miles on the Creep Crawlers?

Just wondered how they would do driving to some of the local trails here.
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #154
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy08er View Post
Awesome, what was your process on making the speaker console? Thanks
Took the stock console expanded it and made a reverse image which I used as a temporary mold.. lots of planning, money, time and hard work delivered the unit you see in the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Do you have many road miles on the Creep Crawlers?

Just wondered how they would do driving to some of the local trails here.
I only run them in the summer months and they have lasted me six summers now. I run them to the local trails but only drive them as far as Reno or Carson City (both are about a half hour drive from my place). I once ran them down to the SF bay area (about three hours away) but probably won't do that again. Not sure how many miles are on them but they still have over half their tread left. Temperatures here in Tahoe don't get too terribly high but I could see MO temperatures eating away at those tires so I would definitely have another set for the road (but I would think short trips around town and to local trails they should last you a while).

How far are the local trails from your house?

My Rig

Unread 03-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #155
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Took the stock console expanded it and made a reverse image which I used as a temporary mold.. lots of planning, money, time and hard work delivered the unit you see in the photos.

I only run them in the summer months and they have lasted me six summers now. I run them to the local trails but only drive them as far as Reno or Carson City (both are about a half hour drive from my place). I once ran them down to the SF bay area (about three hours away) but probably won't do that again. Not sure how many miles are on them but they still have over half their tread left. Temperatures here in Tahoe don't get too terribly high but I could see MO temperatures eating away at those tires so I would definitely have another set for the road (but I would think short trips around town and to local trails they should last you a while).

How far are the local trails from your house?
Uhg 1.5 to 2.5 hours away.

I dont really drive it too often on the street besides that
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #156
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Uhg 1.5 to 2.5 hours away.

I dont really drive it too often on the street besides that

That's not too terribly bad, I would think you could get away with these tires. If you could avoid driving them in extreme heat and take it easy going to and from the trail I would think you could get several seasons out of the Creepies. Around town will not be a problem especially if they don't get hot, the soft rubber compound is key here.

My Rig

Unread 06-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #157
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I run different tires depending on the time of year. May through October I run the Creepy Crawlers and November through April run the studded GY Duratrecs as the Creepys are not worth a damn for winter driving not to mention they are not a DD tire. I'm not a big fan of BFG so I sold the KM2s recently while I could still get good coin out of them and try something else. The studded set of Maxxis Big Horns were finally wore out btw (and yes I have been known to have three or four sets of tires at a time... kinda like changing shoes for you or me). As for the GY Duratrecs, they are studded for snow driving and handle quite excellent.

Left to Right... Maxxis Big Horns studded 35" in size, BFG KM2's in 315 75R16 and the ones on her are the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers 35" in size (mounted on my old beadlocks, pic taken before my 5 on 5.5 Warn hub and axel conversion)... Goodyears not pictured below as this is an old picture.

What wheels are the ones in the center

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #158
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
What wheels are the ones in the center
Sorry I have no idea, the back spacing was wrong so I sent them back to Discount Tires Plus.. that was back in the summer of 2008 so the name of them left my memory.

My Rig

Unread 03-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #159
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates?

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #160
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Any updates?

Sent by a messenger bird

Funny you should ask, I haven't checked JF in months. I was looking at the ole girl the other day as she has sat in the garage since November with a vibe that I can't quite seem to find the source. Unfortunately the rig has been on the back burner for a while as I remodel my condo and focus on some other expenses.

I still want to stretch about 5.5"'s, paint and do a complete drivetrain w/engine swap but focusing on building my shop before I break her down will be the priority and it will give me a place to do the break down/rebuild. At this point it could be years before I get my shop built and with Obamacare hitting my medical practices as hard as it has I'll be lucky to stay on track (or in private practice for that matter).

My Rig

Unread 03-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #161
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Funny you should ask, I haven't checked JF in months. I was looking at the ole girl the other day as she has sat in the garage since November with a vibe that I can't quite seem to find the source. Unfortunately the rig has been on the back burner for a while as I remodel my condo and focus on some other expenses.

I still want to stretch about 5.5"'s, paint and do a complete drivetrain w/engine swap but focusing on building my shop before I break her down will be the priority and it will give me a place to do the break down/rebuild. At this point it could be years before I get my shop built and with Obamacare hitting my medical practices as hard as it has I'll be lucky to stay on track (or in private practice for that matter).
Obama Care is teh debil ! Worse coverage for more money ... sorry its hitting you too .
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #162
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Obama Care is teh debil ! Worse coverage for more money ... sorry its hitting you too .
Yeah we are in private practice and there is a good chance we may have to close the doors after 20 years in business. We have always ran a successful practice even during recessions and tough times. For my family Obama Care is taking our livelihood.

My Rig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.