Thankfully that worked out for the best. The next thing I had to do is replace my muffler. I knew there was a crack in it and I thought that was why it sounded like crap so I went up to autobone and bought a universal thrush turbo muffler. Ill post a video of how it sounds next week, wanted to break it in a little because it sounded like a ricer when i rirst put it on.
And thats basically all I have done besides repacing the transmission mount last week. The next thing I have to do is replace the driver side U-joint. Then its basically a waiting game. I have to wait untill the beginning of december to start the body work because my grandpa and uncle are hunting untill then, but at the beginning of december its balls to the wall. The jeep or I wont leave the garage untill its done, its going to be an entire week of body work day and night. Im not sure if paint will be done but I know it will be at least primed. Ill be posting a ton of pics and videos.
Replaced a 18 year old axle U-joint yesterday, pain in the butt. Then replaced all my plugs, wires, distrubutor cap, and rotor today. You cant tell in the picture but all my plugs are burnt. I think I have a vacuum leak, but the only problem is I dont know what a vacuum hose looks like. Help anyone?
Haven't painted that valve cover yet but I have been able to get some real work done. I have just about all the inside body work done minus the driver side floor pan. It looked to me like all I needed to do was patch a hole but found different when I started welding. I didn't have enough time to redo the entire floor pan so I just tack welded a patch over the whole. Here are a bunch of pictures of the project.
This is how they look after I cleaned them up and sprayed them with the anti-rust stuff. The sides will stay this way until I start body work. I'm not sure when Ill be doing body work because I want to get enough time off work so I can get most of it done in one shot.
The goal her was to get all the holes on the inside fixed and rebuild the side wall structure, so I didn't do any thing about the outside of the rocker panels. Also, I am not to worried about the appearance of the work on the inside because I will be bed lining the entire inside so it will all be covered up. Structurally it turned out great. Before when ever I closed my door the entire side would shake but now it is probably just as solid, if not more solid, then it was when it was new because we used 18 gauge steal which is a little thicker then the stock sheet metal.
Here are some more pictures of the holes in the back of the tube that were fixed.
Taking the seats out was a pain in the A.S.S. to. I broke 7!!!!! bolts betting the front seats out and the back seat bracket. I ended up welding studs in so I never have to worry about the bolts getting weathered and rusted. (only 5 broken ones in the picture, so there is no confusion about my counting abilities lol)