BBB Black and Blue YJ Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BBB Black and Blue YJ Build

UCF Tax Refund Sale - Last One of the Year!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #76
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow great job! I just boxed my front in and I sprayed the inside with some profecianal grade rust stopped and rubber coadted the outside. I wish I had the skills to do that kind of stuff. Do you have a build thread?

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #77
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybygolly View Post
keep up the good work ashland!

what did you paint your dash with? I have been considering painting mine but never wanted to have it flake down the road.
Im using Rust-Oleum Faberic & Vinyl. I was talking to my guy at autozone and he told my he did his mustang with it and the only part that started to fade is where he rested his arm on his arm rest and that was a couple of years. Thats why im not painting my stearing wheel, im just going to buy another OEM black one. It goes on really good too. At first I sprayed to much and got a run but once it dryed the run was gone, you cant even tell it was there.
100_1409-20-20copy.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #78
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, so the weekend went great with only minor problems. The reason the transfercase was leaking is because the last person who worked on it decided to not put in all the studs to hold it to the transmission so the trans fluid was leaking out right where the stud was suppose to be. The best part is instead of using a stud for some god forsaken reason he jamed a pease of plastic it the hole so we had to drill it out and rethread the darn thing, but everything worked out. The other awsome thing that happened was that we didnt need to use that 140$ hose, we ended up fixing the problem with 42 cents! it turned out all that was wrong was the little O ring was bad and the pin holding the hose in was warn out. So the weekend was a success. I did have to do a little patching on the frame but that was easy and fun. Im going to post a video and it will show what I did.
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #79
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #80
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I believe I may have jinxed myself because right after I made the video I noticed that now right were my rear drive shaft goes into the transfer case and the differental it is leaking!!!!!!!!! Sooo i had to order two new seals this morning and of corse it had to be another part only avalibile from the dealership. So that will be the project for this weekend and I have to out in a new front drivers universal as well.
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #81
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

so... what hospital/office/lab do you work at? Can't hide the scrubs darling lol.

Get a new windshield frame!!! Mine was a little worse than yours and because of it I got TONS of water in my dash and it fried the wiper motor several times and my dash cluster and countless CD players. I think the door you can patch... my dad welded mine for me so it didn't wobble. Lots of rust but thats nothing that a little sheet metal and elbow grease can't fix. The dash looks really nice! Keep up the good work and keep us posted

Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed...
hollybygolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #82
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so... what hospital/office/lab do you work at? Can't hide the scrubs darling lol.

Get a new windshield frame!!! Mine was a little worse than yours and because of it I got TONS of water in my dash and it fried the wiper motor several times and my dash cluster and countless CD players. I think the door you can patch... my dad welded mine for me so it didn't wobble. Lots of rust but thats nothing that a little sheet metal and elbow grease can't fix. The dash looks really nice! Keep up the good work and keep us posted
Haha yeah I just got off work and I really wanted to post today. I work at a nurcing home as a CNA, I also set up medical equipment for a home health care agency.

Yeah that is what I was thinking thats why my CD player doesnt work. It was leaking like crazy untill I filled it in with some seal stuff. Do you know if i can use the windshield and windshield seal from the one I have now because they are in great condition.
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #83
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, as you can see my stearing wheel is still grey. I didnt want to paint it because I knew it would fade, soooo If anyone has a black oem stearing wheel and would like to trade for grey please PM me. The stearing wheel is in perfect condition the only reason I want to get rid of it is because I want a black one.
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #84
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a black one I would possibly maybe trade you for (let me think on it for a few days). I kinda planned on slapping a sterling wheel cover on mine anyways I was a CNA for a while too.

as far as the windshield goes..... my dad tried to save my glass when he did the swap and it ended up cracking give it a whirl though.... maybe you'll get lucky but to be safe I'd have a auto glass shop on speed dial. I do business with bushys in midland and they've always been wonderful to me and my parents business.

Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed...
hollybygolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #85
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a black one I would possibly maybe trade you for (let me think on it for a few days). I kinda planned on slapping a sterling wheel cover on mine anyways I was a CNA for a while too.

as far as the windshield goes..... my dad tried to save my glass when he did the swap and it ended up cracking give it a whirl though.... maybe you'll get lucky but to be safe I'd have a auto glass shop on speed dial. I do business with bushys in midland and they've always been wonderful to me and my parents business.
Heck yeah that would be awsome. As soon as you make up your mind PM me.

Yeah it isnt the best job in the world but it pays the bills for right now i guess. Im getting my associates degree in medical administration right now so hopefully I dont have to do this stuff for much longer.

I had an Idea for the windsheild. On my insurance I have 50$ windshield replacement so I was thinking I would take a hammer once or twice to my windsheild, take the old frame off, put the new frame on the jeep all ready for the new windshield and when the guy comes out to repare the windsheild just have him do it on the new frame. It would actally be less work for the windshield guy because he wouldnt have to take the bad windshield out. Bada bing bada boom, got a nice new windshield and frame.
Unread 11-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #86
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I bought some automative carpet today, 5 1/2 by 10 foot so I can carpet the jeep. Im going to get a sewing machine from the grandma this weekend and ill get started on it. Yes, this man can sew
100_1453.jpg   100_1454.jpg  
Unread 11-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #87
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

I just love YJ's.
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #88
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys i know it been a little bit since my last post, there hasnt been much activity going on in the thread, but anyway i did get that cabet cut out and formed as best as I could without actually putting it in the jeep (no pictures yet). decided not to sew because it would just be a pain in the *** with the carpet material.

the last things I did was replace a seal on the tail shaft of my transfer case which was almost a desaster.
100_1462.jpg  
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #89
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

but thankfully god made JB weld! I didnt think it would work but it did. Its been two weeks and it is holding up great with not one leak. I think that was the closest I came to blowing up the jeep yet!
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #90
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

other pics
100_1463.jpg   100_1465.jpg   100_1466.jpg   100_1467.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.