BBB Black and Blue YJ Build - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BBB Black and Blue YJ Build

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #226
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That's some really nice work on the tire carrier. Keep it up!!

Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #227
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy44 View Post
Great progress so far man keep moving forward! Hey are you going to the blessing of the jeeps this saturday the 5th? its in Mesik MI should be pretty cool last year official count was like 948 jeeps.
ive actually never herd of it. I wish i could go, but ive got a graduation party to go to saturday. I really need to go to something like that I feel like a loner out here in sagnasty.
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #228
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

It looks like the next three weeks for the jeep will be a little slow. All i plan on getting done is timeing chain tesioner and bumper replacement, new bolts and greasing niples for the tire carrier. Buuuuttt! At the end of thoughs three weeks i plan to build my tube fenders!
Unread 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #229
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Thanks a lot guys I cant wait to through a 33 and jerry can up there.
Oh hell ya!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-xj-project-1360289/
99BlueJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #230
unlimitedTJrubi
2006 LJ Wrangler 

lookin' nice

I am waiting to see how you incorporate a GI can onto that carrier.. I can see the high lift, shovel and ax mount but I am stumped on the GI can without blocking your tail light. I want to do something like this to my TJ with two GI cans, one for water and one for gas. I was thinking along the lines of the old S10 tire carriers that went all the way across the back and attached to the body on the both sides.
Good work, keep it up.
Dan
unlimitedTJrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #231
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedTJrubi View Post
I am waiting to see how you incorporate a GI can onto that carrier.. I can see the high lift, shovel and ax mount but I am stumped on the GI can without blocking your tail light. I want to do something like this to my TJ with two GI cans, one for water and one for gas. I was thinking along the lines of the old S10 tire carriers that went all the way across the back and attached to the body on the both sides.
Good work, keep it up.
Dan
hey, thanks alot. Ive been thinking alot about the GI can And I think I just figured it out yesterday. I wont be moving the hi-lift to the carrier but I was definitely thinking about the shovel and ax. Its going to be a couple weeks until I get more in depth with it though, but I will definitely post the results and how I did it. Thank you for reading.
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #232
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

well, its going to be a little while before I can post up any pictures of my progress. I have to wait for my insurance claim to go through because some jack *** decided to steel all my **** out of my jeep last night. I normally dont keep to much in there but yesterday after me and the lady got back from a ride we forgot to grab our stuff. This morning i went out to grab my camera and it was gone along with my GPS, nook color, Ipod, and sun glasses. In total over 600$ of stuff gone.. My insurance policy says it will cover up to $1,000,000 worth of property but we shall see when they call me back tomorrow.

Anyways, This weekend I was able to replace my timing chain tensioner and timing bumper. I also found out that I need a new exhaust manifold gasket because its blowing out hot air right where the manifold meets the head.

And I went out to home depot and got a grade 8 steal mail box lock and put it on my center console, hopefully that will deter thieves or give them a hell of a time trying to get in.
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #233
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good news on the stolen items, they are all covered under my renters insurance!!!!

I made a bikini plus top and really wanted to show you guys so I used my laptop web cam. lol. In total it cost me about 60$ for all the material. Im sure I could have bought one for about that but I wouldn't have been as happy with it as I am with this one.

So here it is....

Unread 05-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #234
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great. I'm actually looking at making my own as well. I was thinking about using some sort of tinted plexi glass so it sill be rigid. The last one I has bowed in the middle due to rain.
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #235
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Its great that you are knocking up everything yourself. Great initative gives you so much more pride in oing all the hard work yourself..

Now get a big F'n dog and cattle prod to fix the low lifes that took your stuff........ Hope the camera memory card was clean, or check you tube you may see theidiots have posted some of your pic's or vid's....

Great work keep it up.
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #236
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYDE001 View Post
Looks great. I'm actually looking at making my own as well. I was thinking about using some sort of tinted plexi glass so it sill be rigid. The last one I has bowed in the middle due to rain.
thats a good idea are you planning on painting it black? If so I would be leery of it warping from the heat. Yesterday I went to go put armor all on the bikini and the stuff burnt right off, I had to spray it down with a hose so it would be cool enough for the armor all to say. It was sitting in the sun all day, it might be good to what temperature those will warp at, but obviously if you kept it clear or another color it would be fine.
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #237
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Its great that you are knocking up everything yourself. Great initative gives you so much more pride in oing all the hard work yourself..

Now get a big F'n dog and cattle prod to fix the low lifes that took your stuff........ Hope the camera memory card was clean, or check you tube you may see theidiots have posted some of your pic's or vid's....

Great work keep it up.
Yeah it suck because I have absolutely no idea of who could have done it but I tell you what, if i see anyone F-ing around my jeep now ill be like a dog on a steak. Thank fully I didn't have any really personal stuff on the cam, mainly pics and vids of the jeep that have all been uploaded to the computer.

That is my all time favorite thing about building my jeep, I can use my imagination and do what ever I want. Next weekend is custom tube fenders and then re-upholstering all my seats, black outsides and blue centers.
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #238
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, are you making the tube fenders?
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #239
wildandwillin

looks great keep us up to date
wildandwillin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #240
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Sounds good, are you making the tube fenders?
Yup thats the project for this upcoming weekend. Im going to make some 3 inch flares, really low profile. I always hated the ones that just square off at the ends. Ill post pictures but they will be sh*ty cell phone pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.