BamaJeepman21's build thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BamaJeepman21's build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #61
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
Looks good man! Glad I could help. Let me know if you ever need help with it. No idea why your drive shaft is at that steep of an angle, mine wasn't that bad when I first did my lift.
Probably because the 3" springs gave closer to 3.5"-4" since I have no extra weight besides the hardtop.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #62
redneckrubicon3

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dude hit me up anytime you need a shop to work in or some help, I'm close by. Love the Jeep by the way!
redneckrubicon3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #63
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrubicon3 View Post
Dude hit me up anytime you need a shop to work in or some help, I'm close by. Love the Jeep by the way!
Thanks man!

I'm taking it to get aligned today. The vibrations have gotten somewhat better but I need to put on that BL/MML or drop the tcase ASAP. I almost don't like driving it because it feels like my driveshaft and tcase are shredding themselves apart.

I also bought a 7/16th bit the other day so I can get that swaybar drilled out. It's been raining the past 3 days so I haven't been able to get that finished. Then I'll lock tite/re-torque the wheels and wheel spacers. Then I can finally maybe get around to putting my bumpstops in.

-Jack
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #64
redneckrubicon3

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Are you planing a sye? That will help a ton, and when you get adjustable links..... the pinion angle looked a bit off in one of your pics.
redneckrubicon3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #65
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jack, were you out around 830-9 last night? I saw a jeep that looked similar to yours turning up governors from California st. If that was you the jeep looks great!!
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #66
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrubicon3 View Post
Are you planing a sye? That will help a ton, and when you get adjustable links..... the pinion angle looked a bit off in one of your pics.
Yea I'll get the JB super short SYE at some point. I have a list a page back of things to do before August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Jack, were you out around 830-9 last night? I saw a jeep that looked similar to yours turning up governors from California st. If that was you the jeep looks great!!
That was indeed me. Are you going to be around Saturday? I really want to get that BL on and I need a garage.

-Jack
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Yea I'll get the JB super short SYE at some point. I have a list a page back of things to do before August.

That was indeed me. Are you going to be around Saturday? I really want to get that BL on and I need a garage.
I though so, everything looks great. And, I will be around but my garage is so full of crap it literally would take a day to make room for a vehicle. Although if its not wet or a$$ freezing cold it probably wouldn't be bad doing it in a driveway, that's what I did atleast. If I remember correctly you said you were installing an MML as well? If thats right, I haven't installed one before so I might not be your best bet for that but it doesn't look to be very complicated.
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I though so, everything looks great. And, I will be around but my garage is so full of crap it literally would take a day to make room for a vehicle. Although if its not wet or a$$ freezing cold it probably wouldn't be bad doing it in a driveway, that's what I did atleast. If I remember correctly you said you were installing an MML as well? If thats right, I haven't installed one before so I might not be your best bet for that but it doesn't look to be very complicated.
Yea it's suppose to be 40* outside. Which is why I wanted a garage. For the MML, I would just take the fan shroud off and drive to the shop that's doing the MML. I don't want to cut it or do anything to it.

-Jack
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #69
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mind if I ask what they are charging? I don't personally know how but from what I've seen I would never pay more than maybe 40ish? Seems pretty Straightforward.
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #70
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No idea yet. It's not an offroad shop but a smaller one that my dad is friends with and has taken his cars to get worked on/restored.

I'll just say Rocket City quoted me $500 for a BL/MML install...

-Jack
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #71
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh okay, shouldn't be too bad then. Yeah rocket city is ridiculous. They quoted me 800 labor for a 3in bl on my f150
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #72
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

MML are pretty easy, just do one side at a time and its easy enough to line up. I did mine along with my BL in a few hours. Just make sure to PB blast all the bolts well. Then I helped my buddy with his and did it even quicker. I'd say try it yourself and save to coin.

Btw rigs starting to look pretty sharp!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #73
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh okay, shouldn't be too bad then. Yeah rocket city is ridiculous. They quoted me 800 labor for a 3in bl on my f150
They wanted $900 for my 3" lift/BL/MML all together. I know they have to make money and run a business but ******* I'm not going to pay almost the same for labor as I did the lift and everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
MML are pretty easy, just do one side at a time and its easy enough to line up. I did mine along with my BL in a few hours. Just make sure to PB blast all the bolts well. Then I helped my buddy with his and did it even quicker. I'd say try it yourself and save to coin.

Btw rigs starting to look pretty sharp!
I know I can knock out the BL. The MML still has me going eh. Nobody around me has done one except one of my friends and he said it was a complete *****. It all depends on if that other shop can cut us a deal.

Thanks man. I have to say it looks great. I just really need to wash and wax it. Just clean it up in general. I just now cleaned out all the old parts and stuff out the back.

On another note, I can cross some things off my list that are completed or on order.

TO DO

Install BL/MML
Install steering stabilizer
Install bumpstops
Install swaybar disco’s
Install wheel spacers with lock tite. Re-torque all bolts
Alignment
26 tooth speedo gear- $40
Extended brake lines- $55
Savvy/Currie bumpstop replacements- $175
JKS front trackbar- $185
JKS rear trackbar- $155
Transmission cooler- $80
Remote transmission filter- $30
Transmission deep pan- $50
4 fan, electric fan- $400
JB Conversions super short SYE- $300
Carolina driveshaft- $200
Blue Monkey speedo healer- $160
Savvy rear upper arms- $279
Savvy rear lower arms- $309

-Jack
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #74
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know why so many people have issues with the MML. For me it was absolute cake. Instead of taking the entire motor mount off the block on the drivers side I opted to cut the bolt head off. It helped having 2 people so that one could move the motor where it needs to be while the other lines the motor mount through bolt up. I was able to knock it out in a couple of hours.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #75
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Put on my BL today. Took about 2hrs with my dad and I taking our time. Went on without a hitch. But the radiator also finally decided to crack at the top. So I'm Jeepless until I get a new radiator. Definitly going Mopar since the original lasted 15yrs and 86,000 miles.

-Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.