BamaJeepman21's build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > BamaJeepman21's build thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=BamaJeepman21;14350245]As for the rear, I just really don't like the 8.8 axles. To me I think it's worth to wait and try to find a TJ 44. When built it'll be far superior to a built 8.8.QUOTE]

I get so tired of hearing get a 8.8 its the be all end all TJ rear axle swap.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Oh and I don't feel like reading. What lift from BDS did you go with? Because you don't need a new front trackbar for the 2-3 inch lifts, i'd get a rear adjustable before a front one. Slap that ***** on already!
3". I've always read it's better to get a front adjustable before the rear? I know I could just drill a new hole for the mount but I'd rather just buy an adjustable one, and I get a JJ on the axle side mount with the JKS bars. Plus I just feel like replacing 14yr old bushings that I know are going bad. It'll be nice to have a JJ on the axle.

Now if I could just get this job at a restraunt where I could be pulling in $350 every 2 weeks...

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #33
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
3". I've always read it's better to get a front adjustable before the rear? I know I could just drill a new hole for the mount but I'd rather just buy an adjustable one, and I get a JJ on the axle side mount with the JKS bars. Plus I just feel like replacing 14yr old bushings that I know are going bad. It'll be nice to have a JJ on the axle.

Now if I could just get this job at a restraunt where I could be pulling in $350 every 2 weeks...
We put the 3 inch on my buds 02 TJ. The front axle wasn't thrown off at all with a stock front track bar. The rear however needed the rear relocator bracket.

Just my experience.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #34
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My oil pressure sending unit went out AGAIN. I started it this morning and got the check gauges light with my oil pressure at 0. I turned it off and started it again and the pressure returned to normal. I'm almost positive when we got it replaced last July they didn't replace it with a Mopar part. I'll go by Autozone today and get a mechanical gauge unless they have a Mopar part on hand. Probably going to set me back $40.

-Jack
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #35
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Turns out it won't be going on this weekend. I don't think my dad wants us to try and put anything on ourselves, but he didn't specifically say. Already got into an argument over tires and he can't understand why I spent $1,500 on parts.

This weekends gonna suck. I'll just try and find someone local that's willing to help me put my stuff on. There's no way in hell I could ever afford to pay a shop to put my parts on.

-Jack
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #36
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
Turns out it won't be going on this weekend. I don't think my dad wants us to try and put anything on ourselves, but he didn't specifically say. Already got into an argument over tires and he can't understand why I spent $1,500 on parts.

This weekends gonna suck. I'll just try and find someone local that's willing to help me put my stuff on. There's no way in hell I could ever afford to pay a shop to put my parts on.
Just post up in the wheelin neighborhood section. People are always glad to help. Alot of the guys im real good friends with now i met on here in the md section. Too bad im not in bama. It would already be done.

Sent via RPG

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well now my lift is getting pushed far far back. I thought me and my dad had an agreement to split the cost of tires since I need some but now he told me I have to buy all of them. Yea that'll go great, especially with no job.

All I'm saying is don't expect much out of this build anymore. Tires will take me about 5 months to save up for.

-Jack
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #38
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest I really think I might sell my lift. I will NEVER be able to afford tires unless I sell my dirtbike. Plus I really really don't know if I'll be selling the Jeep when I go off to college. So I don't want to drop big change in it anymore.

-Jack
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #39
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bummer.

Theres always decent deals to be found on CL, maybe try that instead of going new?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #40
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking but usually the tires have 20% tread and they still want $300 for them. That's the problem with living in the South. Anything offroad/Jeep related is expensive. Regardless of condition.

-Jack
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Little update. My dad talked to me about how to put the lift on. He doesn't want us to try it, he says it's too complicated. Honestly I don't really care. I wasn't expecting to put it on ourselves but it is pretty dissapointing.

Really it's just the fact that my dad doesn't have as much mechanical talent as I thought he did. He's restored two '64 Impalas from the ground up. I guess I just realized he really paid shops to restore them.

I'm actually a bit relieved. I wasn't really looking forward to trying to wrestle off 15yr old bolts and stuff.

-Jack
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #42
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Dude, we could knock that out in a day at my parents place. Paying a shop to put a 3" lift on is crazy. It's simple.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #43
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Dude, we could knock that out in a day at my parents place. Paying a shop to put a 3" lift on is crazy. It's simple.
Yea I told him ya'll could give me some help but he didn't give a reply to that. I'll see if he wants to come to BWW on the 29th. I'm just glad we didn't get in a fight this time.

-Jack
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Yea I told him ya'll could give me some help but he didn't give a reply to that. I'll see if he wants to come to BWW on the 29th. I'm just glad we didn't get in a fight this time.
What's the old saying? Better to ask for forgiveness than permission? I had the same issues about lifting my jeep with my dad. I ended up just doing it, just to prove it to him.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered my 1.5" RC wheel spacers and updated my list.

-Jack

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.