Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #46
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well did a Huge wheeling trip to Hardrock ORV in Ocala this weekend and she did Great, but HAVE to get my sliders installed and I'm ordering a CB setup today - Need it for the blind hills and going in a group...

Also, going to be rebuilding the rear LSD and probably throwing a Lunchbox locker in the front, she did great, but the lack of a front locker really hurt me. There were 3 runs I couldn't get up basically because the LSD wasn't biting constantly - so going ot rebuild it and make it tighter like i do in my stangs, and then the lunchbox in the front for temporary until I get a 44 for the front to build and I'll go electric or selectable of some sort up front when I do that.

She did Awesome other than that, need a Highlift mount as well but I just picked up a welder so might be time to try to fab one from spare metal stock

Time to Mod and go again - BTW, got my woman on board with the modding now, she LOVED this weekend, pic's in the future - but sadly most are posing shots because I was too busy wheeling

Unread 07-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #47
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Waiting on my mount for my CB and will wire up my lights and the CB probably Monday evening, but tonight I started the process to get my sliders on, will finish the sliders Monday night for Sure, and then start on the wiring but not certain I'll finish the wiring, slowed down a bit because I've been on crutches and in a boot as I broke my Big toe and several bones in my foot, but today was first day out of the boot, and I hobbled around without the crutches and got this crap done. No pic's with the stupid Sahara mounts off because I just got done and it's been dark for over an hour LOL, Hard top is on because I had a 1500 mile trip I just finished up on the 4th.

Unread 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #48
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh heres some poser shots from Hardrock when I went a few weeks ago, Have more but they are on my womans camera over at her house

Unread 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #49
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Stance!

That rampage top looks pretty cool in tan. Fits well.

Hope alls going well with the build.
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #50
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It is but I'm sitting here contemplating picking up a 1 inch body lift because in order to mount the Trailgear sliders I have to take the bodymount's loose, and I have to lift it up, thinking since I'm doing it... I will eventually tummy tuck and have been planning on a MML to get rid of the transfer case spacers, and currently it's hard to get in 2nd because of those spacers...

Hmm - money is tight or it would have already been ordered, BTW Jeep looks like **** with the flares removed, the holes sitting there gaping and no sliders on yet
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #51
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice sahara. I have a 99 sahara the same as yours. How do you like the top? Its spice right? I have a spice bestop r-a-t.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #52
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Gotta love the Saharas! Looks great by the way! Did you have fun drilling out all of those stupid rivets on the cladding mounts?
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #53
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Gotta love the Saharas! Looks great by the way! Did you have fun drilling out all of those stupid rivets on the cladding mounts?
Dude it was ridiculous, I took my Air hammer to them though and quickend up the task

I drilled two, then said screw it on the others

Thanks guys, love the top and the Jeep
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #54
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, got the sliders on today, Whew, what a job and ended up saying screw it and went and finally bought a sawzall for cuting the damn body mount rubber. Lined up pretty good but not perfect, and it will work, definately going ot do this little step I've been contemplating on the rims now too Had a few projects to do around the house, so once I finished up with those I got the CB mounted in the cab with the Rugged Ridge mount just above the drivers side A/C vent and used the rear bumper mount with the Firestick, no pic's of the CB and it's not working as I got the coax ran, and everything mounted but did not get the power ran nor did I hide the wires yet for the CB install.

Here's the Pic's after today

Hard top will be coming off soon and I think I'm going to tackle the do it yourself spray in liner soon as my carpet is stinking from my few days topless here in Florida, it likes to have passing showers from time to time.

Unread 07-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #55
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

CB wired Up, Sliders On, Lights finally wired up, and various other little things done.

Flash me brights on the highway, I dare you;-)

Ordering a Rear Tire Carrier tonight and POSSIBLY a front bumper with winch bracket...

Unread 07-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #56
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well after alot of searching, and much deliberation, I 've decided to sale the

Bumper caps LOL, just playing I will be selling the Olypmic oversized tire carrier soon though because i just ordered this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

It's a sweet *** heavy duty tire carrier, was looking at getting matching front and rears but I want a stubby stinger for the front, so held off on the front, will do winch and stinger setup at the same time. Pretty stoked looked at alot of different setups but liked this one the most

I really need the towing capacity and it's hard to find a tow rated setup, this one has plenty of bracing and will be heavy, I plan on mounting a rack above the rear tire, as well as one in the hitch when I'm going camping most of the time

I don't expect it for at least 3 weeks though, but that's perfect as my parents are coming to visit and they will be gone by then.

This works perfectly as once this gets mountd and I work out the kinks, it's Tailgate time, I can't stand swing out gates, will re-enforce it and make it a tailgate
ce_3.jpg  
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #57
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ugh OH!

Finally ordered my First Ever Front locker

The LSD in the back will do for now, will do a fluid change and add some of the traction stuff in the rear, will also throw in my new Yukon Spartan Locker Just going in the stock Dana 30 for now It will be enough to get me into more trouble, had great reviews so giving it a try. Seriously expecgt the mods to slow to a crawl now

http://www.ringpinion.com/SpartanLocker.aspx
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #58
Xlr8n
1986 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rig. I breezed quickly through your build but if you have the BDS 5500 shocks mounted inverted out back, be aware they are twin-tube hydro and are not designed to run inverted. When mounted inverted they end up with a dead-spot with an inch or more of no dampening. If I did mis-understand, then carry-on! Again, nice build.
Xlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #59
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8n View Post
Nice rig. I breezed quickly through your build but if you have the BDS 5500 shocks mounted inverted out back, be aware they are twin-tube hydro and are not designed to run inverted. When mounted inverted they end up with a dead-spot with an inch or more of no dampening. If I did mis-understand, then carry-on! Again, nice build.
Thanks I did not know that, I 'll see if I can flip them back over then now i know what that big *** Blam is when i hit a bump at speed LOL
Unread 07-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #60
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, was in the Key's this Weekend and my Front Locker was waiting on my Doorstep when I got back

Too bad I won't have time to put it in till next week at least

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.