Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
YOU HAVE A CAPRI TOO!....LOL, I love those Capris

I also see a Mustang hiding in there.
Yeap - Just got the Capri right before i left for Iraq - it's my Drag project, the Saleen is being parted out and put back to stock and then being sold.

I have 5 vehicles right now but going down to 2, the Capri, and the Wrangler

Capri is just basic GT40 setup right now, not even a trip to the track yet but have slicks and big and littles waiting to go on, need to give a tune then head out.

The Saleen was Worked - T-56 viper spec, IRS, Coilovers, vortech, etc was my baby forever, but selling it and the Jeep and Capri will be IT for a LONG time.

Next weekend the jeep will grow, then it will slow Down but the Capri will pick up - working deal for a 70mm turbo setup with Blow Thru Carb and good for about 580 rwhp on the heads I have, with the Aluminums I have sitting in the garage I'll be more than able to split the block down the valley;-)

Unread 04-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

that's cool. I have a 92 fox with a vortech under the hood. It goes pretty good.

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It arrived:)

Have 5x 33x12.50-15 Duratrac's sitting in the hallway

1 3 inch BDS lift

1 set of Mirror and Light mounts

4 1.5 inch wheel Spacers

Expecting all of this to go on Saturday - wish me luck, expect before and After Pictures

Probably not alot of Flexing before and after Pic's, mainly after though
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahndrvr View Post
Have 5x 33x12.50-15 Duratrac's sitting in the hallway

1 3 inch BDS lift

1 set of Mirror and Light mounts

4 1.5 inch wheel Spacers

Expecting all of this to go on Saturday - wish me luck, expect before and After Pictures

Probably not alot of Flexing before and after Pic's, mainly after though
That is one clean lil Sahara. Should look sick with the lift and tires. I love stock v. lifted before and after pics.
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You might have to drop your t-case down using spacers.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #21
Jmalone9
2001 XJ Cherokee 

welcome back home.... now let the shenanigans begin, wicked jealous of that color scheme, my TJ's got the forest green/tan look, would love the all tan.
Jmalone9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #22
bluesnickers
1997 ZJ 

Nice sahara! Always liked tan color better than black ones!
bluesnickers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #23
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
You might have to drop your t-case down using spacers.

I'm prepared for that but going to attempt it without for a few days, plan on MML and SYE/DS combo but budget doesnt' allow at this time.

It will be driven Home at the minimum and maybe about 3 times as i have another 3 vehicles to choose from while i would be waiting on the Transfer case drop, hoping it will be fine and I can just order up Rugged Ridge SYE and CV DS for 395 and get it thrown in soon.
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ugh, didn't get the lift, or tires put on today, was finishing up my final projects for a class, and it has taken ALL day

Have a chance in the morning to get it done hopefully, If I can get it done start to finish in 6 hours to include mounting and balancing - I will be able to do everything but alignment tomorrow hopefully, otherwise it will be about 3 weeks before I get another chance - GRRrr
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #25
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Still no lift on, will get the tires and rims mounted up this week without the lift on and just do no off camber stuff at all, might do the sway bar and track bar stuff as well, we'll see, how bad do you think it would rub with 33x12.50's with no lift on stock rims with 1.5 inch spacers for normal driving till I got the lift on?

I did get my Warrior products Mirror and Light moutns on - ordering an overnight top/cover for it today as well.
Unread 04-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #26
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have had the lift but no time, so have a lift and 5 33's sitting in my living room, but that didn't stop me from finding a new playground and scuffing up some skid's;-)

All in all, wiht the rear LSD and Dana 44 it's pretty capable, with the lift and tires, it should be fun

When it gets Locked front and rear - we are on a diffferent playing field.

From tonight

Unread 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #27
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New Parts ordered

Rampage Bowless Soft top Got it in Spice
Door corner guards
Of course the front and tailgate mounts...

Friday I'm taking off from work to put the Lift on and mount the 33's Then I'm hitting up trails on Saturday evening, camping Sat night and trail runs all during hte morning Sunday then coming home

Ocala Here I come, picked up another new toy for the camping trip this morning as well

Smith and Wesson M&P .40 cal with Night sights and shoulder holster - 200 rounds plus the ones I have laying around to be put through it, Very nice gun, fires way better than my Glock 23 .40, and the trijicon sites and adjustable grip was awesome as I can let my girl get her confidence up as well
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #28
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

She Grew today

Lift went on Like Butter, about 6 hours from start to finish and only that long because after I did everything i decided to flip the rear shocks and mount them upside down as they were hitting on the coil bucket.

Have to go back to get my 5th tire mounted tomorrow but my tire carrier isn't here so it will stay sitting in the garage for a few days just wanted it mounted and balanced.

Swaybar disco's work Awesome and the Flex is INSANE, couldnt pull a tire and I've gotten 4 ft of air in these spots before today.

Had to install the transfer case drop but hope that does'nt stay on too long.

Recieved my Rampage top, but got the wrong header bar, so going to put the doors on in the morning for the camping trip but have no top other than the bikini, while ordering that I realized I don't have door surrounds so ordered those up as well..

Freaking Loving this now man, LOVING IT

More to come, count on it
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the color combo! MORE PIX

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #30
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

got some shakedown runs this weekend in - picked up easily 10,000 scratches but most are small and will buff out

She did Great, could NOT be happier with the tire selection, put about 500 miles on the Jeep and easily 90 miles of trails most of which were sand, some off camber stuff in the sand but not alot of action shots, just when i got out to pose;-)

Will try to upload pic's tonight The Duratrac's are Awesome in the sand and only hit light mud but they cleaned out Great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.