Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bahndrvr's 2000 Sahara

Well, pick her up first week in April.

Will get alot done in the first month after I get back from Iraq, but first and foremost I've got parts building up for when I get back

Just won 4 35x12.50-15 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar for 720 shipped Got to love Ebay when they don't put reserves on thier items

I'm doing the DIY Highline converstion which will give me 3 1/4 inches additional room probably within the first few weeks of being home.
It comes with a spacer lift in the box and I'm going to put it on temporarily and get the JKS Swaybar discos' and rock the spacer lift, Highliner and 35's for a while till I lock and strengthen the axles, after that I'm goign with either a BDS or OME setup for minimal lift and longer flex;-)

Here's the pic's of her stock, expect updates starting around 7 April

Attaching Current Pic - April 29th - Stuff done, more coming

jeep1-copy.jpg   imgp1283.jpg  
Unread 03-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good and thanks for your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like mind did 11 years ago when I drove it off the lot
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, thanks,

it won't look like that for long, not at all because I'll probably do the DIY Highline and spacer lift to get the 35's on within the first week haha, will depend on how much my kids will let me get away from them though, and kinda nervous about cutting the hood up haha, the rear fenders should be an easy cut, but the hood that's intimidating, as long as it's straight and it sits level I'll be happy with it.

Yorus looks pretty Badass man, you like those fenders?
Unread 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered up the Spetre cowl mount intake, and got some 1.25 hubcentric wheel spacers ordered as well.

That's it till I get home and start cutting her up. Expect pic's and project updates with little things that are cheap for a while. Will definately be running axle breathers to the cab, then start gathering parts for the next big stage

First stage is set:

Highliner DIY Fenders front and rear
2 inch budget boost taht's coming with it - not that I want to but will do for now
35 inch MTR's
Spectre Cowl Mount intake

Now I just need to get ot Ms to pick her up and drive her home to Florida when I get back from this ****hole.
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

12 ball shift knob came in - woman said it looks Sweet

Hub spacers came in - tires should arrive in the next 3 days

Intake is not far behind i'm sure, my Jeep will be Mine in about 16 days I pick her up and do a 700 mile trip home right after about 24 hours of flying
Unread 04-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Home from Iraq, few plans have changed, looking at not cutting the hood now and not doing anything but suspension and 33's since my 35's were from a bum seller....

Got the money back from them but thinking it's lift first and drive around on the 31's, took it wheeling already and have driven it through MS, AL, Georgia, and Florida now, not bad for a maiden trip, even took it wheeling in Ocala at the Centineal trails for about an hour on the way home, took her to a little wheeling spot today and honestly she's decent but needs alot of help to be able to keep up with my 4Runner. Here's a few pic's of what I'm starting with, Shift knob is in, haven't driven it yet with it, contacting some connections to see what lift I'm going with, got a few choices but will go for best bang for the buck and to get me on 33's with no rubbing issues.

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Its a beauty just the way it is now.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, It will be changed though, not much in the beginning, milk jugs are coming off tonight for certain though, finalizing the lift right now, was ready to order but It's back and forth on the X Series Rough country or the Rocky Road OME 4 inch setup, both have thier perks.

We'll see, going to call rocky and see if thye will give me a discount, if they will OME is what I originally wanted and I had a RC lift in the past that wasnt that good, just hear how much better they are now you know?

UGH, did order my mirror and light mounts today for the doorless application, and will be taking top off SOON - hopefully as soon as tonight
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, beginning of the day to how she sits now, lightened her by about 400 lbs today

Me with the now safari topped and doorless Jeep, should get my mirror mounts and my Light mounts in the next few days, then I'll be legal, pulled the fuse and she's running like a top, intermitten issue with blinkers and radio not working but found sylinods previous owner gave me will find where they are and replace them, sitting outsdie in the humidity doorless right now, my Kids Love it So do I

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good
Yea I like my MC fenders.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well,

Just ordered the BDS 3 inch kit for it, tire shopping as we speak - lift should arrive by Fri of next week, and I just so happen to not have my kids that weekend...

Might end up driving it on the 3 inch with the 31's for a while, may not though;-)

Hmm - Duratracks, BFG Mud Terrains, or Cooper STT's? or just used 33's for now and get a few other things.
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
homeboy1991
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had the cooper stt's... Great tire! I have the toyo open country's now and I like them a lot more. Jeep looks good!
homeboy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #14
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, just got a deal i couldn't pass up so I ordered 5 33x12.50-15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs shipped to my door for a great price through a reputable dealer, i do mainly street driving and semi aggresive trail runs here in Florida, i think these tires will work out and they are more aggressive than my BFG AT's i've ran for years.

next week will be a GREAT week for this thread - and I'll have pic's that I'll edit the first post with all the updates etc.. Might slow down for a bit on mods though, just dropped about 1700 in the last 2 days on the Jeep... I'm broke now, rear tire carrier will be next with a hitch on it, and then lockers and gearing, but hitch might be quick, lockers and gears might be a minute.
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

YOU HAVE A CAPRI TOO!....LOL, I love those Capris

I also see a Mustang hiding in there.

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.