Bagged and body dropped 83 wagoneer build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bagged and body dropped 83 wagoneer build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Look up the color screw blue its named after a famous DJ in Houston but its a nice color of dark blue

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #32
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Not had much time to work on it with holiday stuff going on but last Saturday my buddy david came over and I was showing him how to weld and also let him try using the plasma cutter (he has never done either ) but I did cut the 2x4x3/16 to fit in the frame and I cut access holes and welded tubes into them so I can get a socket on the lower foward 4-link bar nut (don't think I got pix of them yet )

Now I just need to weld them together , weld them into the frame , cut the bottom of the frame off and weld it

And the reason I stoped working on it Saturday was I went to the =SunSet= VA truck club meeting so I could be made official

Ok finally got back to working on the wagoneer , welded in the box tube on the passenger side , then cut the bottom off and finished welding it then cut the boxed part of the frame and made a filler for it and welded that in also

Here are the pix of today's work

That peice of round tube welded in the box is access to the original leaf spring nut as I'm thinking I'm going to use the stock leaf mount for my lower 4 link mount

Cut out

Old support tubes for trans mounts ect..

Pix from today , got a late start but got the driver side rail cut and welded up

I forgot to cut the spare tire carrier bolt off before I layed the frame back down so that was holding the *** up just a tiny bit

Ill also box the rest of the frame once I get the notch in
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #33
jarcher401

looks awesome! Love to see something different when it comes to jeeps. Everyone hates on anything that does not have big tires and a lift.
jarcher401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #34
ufvj217

This is an awesome build..subscribed!!
ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

different, but still cool

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #36
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thanks

Cut the floor

Got the frame back under it

Put it on 4x4s so I could get the jack under it easy but you can see laying rocker and frame at the same time

This tire is right at 28.25" tall the tires I'm going to use are 27.7" tall so it's. very close comparison

Yes that's the fender lip so it will be tucking nutz and a little over half the hub

Measuring and measuring and remeasuring to make sure the notch is exactly where it needs to be and has the clearance need to keep the back seat in place

Notch side plate template with built in fish plates

The inside peices will not have the built in plates as I'm goi g to box the frame around it and will just be easer to do after
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #37
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

good read so far, liking it, aside from the wheels. but they are better than most lowered cars wheels. then again, i've always been a deep dish guy
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #38
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Did not really do any work on it today but did set the fender on and hood and set a tire in there to check clearance

Unread 01-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #39
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

That wheel looks really close the the fender. Probably a dumb question, but how much can the wheel turn before it hits the fender?
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #40
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
good read so far, liking it, aside from the wheels. but they are better than most lowered cars wheels. then again, i've always been a deep dish guy
Looks awesome. I love it.
One question. How will you turn the front tires with them tucked in so far. And two, will you use a different front axle to gain clearance for the engine?
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #41
daddyjeep87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I don't think he will be driving when it is slammed down to the ground like that. After all, the frame and rockers will be laying on the ground. I haven't seen what he is doing for front suspension yet, but I assume he will be doing A-Arms instead or a solid axle.
daddyjeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #42
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post

One question. How will you turn the front tires with them tucked in so far. And two, will you use a different front axle to gain clearance for the engine?
Ugh not my jeep. But slammed probably isn't ride height. Also the wheels probably have a space on the side between them and the inner fender. I think he stated he's running IFS
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #43
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckleshootCJ5 View Post
That wheel looks really close the the fender. Probably a dumb question, but how much can the wheel turn before it hits the fender?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
I don't think he will be driving when it is slammed down to the ground like that. After all, the frame and rockers will be laying on the ground. I haven't seen what he is doing for front suspension yet, but I assume he will be doing A-Arms instead or a solid axle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Ugh not my jeep. But slammed probably isn't ride height. Also the wheels probably have a space on the side between them and the inner fender. I think he stated he's running IFS

In the pix above the wheel is just sitting there leaning on the fender , I'm compleatly cutting off the front of the wagoneer frame and grafting in a chevy s10 2wd front ifs suspension .

That hight is how it will be when laying frame/body on the ground and it will have air suspension to raise it up to drive , go over speed bumps , go down a ruff road , go over train tracks , ect.... Once raised up some it will turn just fine . I'm not going to be using those wheels , the wheels I'm getting will have a custom offset/back spacing to fit in the fender exactly how I need them . I'm going to be ordering the wheels once I get the suspension in place and can take some accurate measurements but the wheels will be 20x8 up front and 20x9 rear with 245/40/20 white wall tire and the rims are detroit steel smoothies ( mobsteel)

Just keep a look out in here in the next few wheels I hope to have it back as a roller so you will see it aired up then
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #44
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow1ton View Post
In the pix above the wheel is just sitting there leaning on the fender , I'm compleatly cutting off the front of the wagoneer frame and grafting in a chevy s10 2wd front ifs suspension .

That hight is how it will be when laying frame/body on the ground and it will have air suspension to raise it up to drive , go over speed bumps , go down a ruff road , go over train tracks , ect.... Once raised up some it will turn just fine . I'm not going to be using those wheels , the wheels I'm getting will have a custom offset/back spacing to fit in the fender exactly how I need them . I'm going to be ordering the wheels once I get the suspension in place and can take some accurate measurements but the wheels will be 20x8 up front and 20x9 rear with 245/40/20 white wall tire and the rims are detroit steel smoothies ( mobsteel)

Just keep a look out in here in the next few wheels I hope to have it back as a roller so you will see it aired up then
like the choice in wheels, never been a huge fan of chrome wheels, although i don't mind polished. and white walls will definitely give it a vintage look
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #45
ufvj217

Loving this build !!!!!
ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.