Bad *** Pink! -A 94 YJ Build by Tkahne88 & Wubbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Bad *** Pink! -A 94 YJ Build by Tkahne88 & Wubbie

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bad *** Pink! -A 94 YJ Build by Tkahne88 & Wubbie

Finally! I gots me a jeep i can restore and build up some. I get to play with creative mods and combine Ideas with the owner, Wubbie.

This is her first vehicle, She loved driving my 97 TJ and fell in love with the JEEP. Well I got a text about a week ago from a friend saying that her uncle is selling his jeep. I knew the guy somewhat, so knew what was in store. But he only wanted 400 bucks for it! 1994 Jeep YJ 2.5L with 160k on it. I got the guys phone number after I had mentioned it to my girlfriend because she was super excited. I had no idea. I called the next day and got the run down...

:1994 Jeep Wrangler s
:400 bucks
:clean title
:160,000 miles
:Runs and starts good
ast few years, new 30" tires/rims, bestop supertop, brake lines,
:frame rot where steering box WAS mounted
:and a little under the rear right shackle
:the rest of the frame was in better condition the mine and solid
:surface rust and a few holes in body, for a light weight ride
:and one minor mod to the driver side floor for the Flinstones...

sam_0850.jpg   sam_0851.jpg   sam_0829.jpg   sam_0828.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Update.

As you can see... The jeep looks as if it was well lived in, by the last owners/only owners dog and himself. they let it sit in the rain, the drove it daily, its a JEEP.. it did great, till about 3 weeks ago when the steering box ripped out of the frame. hah!

So I went back and brought 300 hundred bucks that day! so the guy was rather excited about not waiting for cash. Brought me a trailer and some strength. got us a brand new heep!
sam_0857.jpg   sam_0871.jpg  
Unread 07-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delayed update...

My computer has been down for a while. but I figured lets get this thing rolling so you guys can see where Im at on this project.
So the day after we got the new jeep home we had to push it into my other driveway in front of the garage. Since this is not my Jeep, but my girlfriends, I wanted to start with something simple so that she can help. I wouldnt have this project if it werent for her.
We started with cleaning out the interior and the smell so we can find rust and any other issues.

We just tore out the seats and carpet then washed the floors. There were the nastiest things in there. dog hair plastered to the carpet, 5 bucks in rusty change, algae, holes, mice, coyotes and bears!.. it was gross.

We ended up saving the carpet, since we are on a budget build, Wubbie plans on using them as templates and finding reasonable car carpet after we raptor line the tub. same with the seats, she wants to upholster them. (I suggest finding nicer seats out of a different vehicle and upholstering them)

If anyone has any suggestions to add to our first rebuild ever please feel free. I know I will be taking short cuts, making mistakes, but best of trying my best to nearly fully rebuild this jeep. I do appreciate any help i can get.
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
imcfarland93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

looks like a steal! i have a 93 and my girlfriend loves it and she likes helping me pick out things to do to it. you can get pre-cut pieces from quadratec that just weld onto the frame to make it solid again. i need to do that to mine right where the right rear leaf spring connects to the frame. i can put my whole hand inside the frame. kinda scary but its solid other than that. i'll be watching this build. good luck to you and your girl
imcfarland93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How did the emergency water taste?Did you keep it?
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prryan45 View Post
How did the emergency water taste?Did you keep it?
Haha! yah the emergency water... well he let us keep one of the jugs. that was the selling point! but those were for his dogs water bowl he left in back seat... haha thats where the algae came from.

more images later!
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcfarland93 View Post
looks like a steal! i have a 93 and my girlfriend loves it and she likes helping me pick out things to do to it. you can get pre-cut pieces from quadratec that just weld onto the frame to make it solid again. i need to do that to mine right where the right rear leaf spring connects to the frame. i can put my whole hand inside the frame. kinda scary but its solid other than that. i'll be watching this build. good luck to you and your girl
Ya I was looking at those precut floor panels. not too badly priced in my op. My dad is rebuilding a 71 monte carlo as we speak, his floor panels were outrageous, so he fabbed up his own... which I might try, I think its like 25 bucks for enough sheet metal for whole body.
Thanks man!
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkahne88 View Post
We ended up saving the carpet, since we are on a budget build, Wubbie plans on using them as templates and finding reasonable car carpet after we raptor line the tub. same with the seats, she wants to upholster them. (I suggest finding nicer seats out of a different vehicle and upholstering them)
Upholstery work is expensive, last time I had any done it was $200 and that was just for an old Toyota bench seat. No where near the complexity of 2 buckets. I say keep an eye out for some TJ seats. I'd think you could pick a nice pair up for $100ish. Hang onto the YJ ones till you see if you need any brackets etc.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
imcfarland93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

once you have the floor done i would deff recommend doing a monstaliner im in the process of figuring out how i am going to go about doing that on mine. i dont want the carpet to hold any moisture but if your going to put new carpet in a monstaliner would act as a barrier between the water and the metal so it wont rust through again. more pics soon would be awesome
imcfarland93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Up on stands, removing flares, wheels, fuel tank, fenders.

Its funny because I am soo much further than these pics. but if I were to get stuck or take a break for a while, at least i can throw up some updates and pretend to be busy.

So at this point, I was so confused on where to start. I mean, I just put her on stands and started yanking big things off that hid rust, or no rust. I didnt know what i would find.

Wheels removed

Fuel tank removal. First time with the grinder on this heep. (lots ahead...) the bolts holding up the tank on the front side were basically headless.

Another days, or so of work. removing the front clip and such

everything went pretty smooth soo far. It sucks to be working out in the sun tho. my dads garage is fully occupied wit a '71 Monte Carlo rebuild. He's my inspirational/influential teacher. Maybe ill throw some pics up of his project too. You'll see how we do things the right way, the wrong way, the hard way! but always gettin it done! we have a garage with a lot of tools, but prayers to the jeep gods!!! there are so many more tools out there that could help us get it done fast!
Oh! and a lil FYI the interior of this jeep will be done like none youve seen before, lots o handcrafted work will be done, home brewed upholstery, possible carpet fitting, dash painting colors! n stuff! get prepared!

Til next time fellow jeepers!
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcfarland93
I checked out quadratec for frame replacement pieces... I did not see anything. Am I missing it? I'm about to do frame work soon. And being that I will be replacing some curved sections I don't know where to find them to match what I need.
Any one know?
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those are some serious jack stands.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prryan45
Haha! Yah I know. I bet 4 is overkill, 1 should be enough for this project!
Unread 07-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prryan45 View Post

two years ago i thought that too. I was using two pairs of 3 ton "suv" jack stands...thought they were plenty tall enough...

i took some christmas cash and bought 12 tonners...they're even sort of too short...

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
WOODYS97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tony K gets it done right, this thing will be a jem! Wanna put my lift on for me while youre at it??
WOODYS97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.