AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #46
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I work 20+ miles away. Fill up my 12 gallon tank every 3rd day usually. Getting 150-155 miles per tank. It's $38-42 per fill up.
time fire the filler mod. I get 250-260 per tank.

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #47
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
time fire the filler mod. I get 250-260 per tank.
I'm getting about the same with mine as well. While now I spend about $70-80 a tank to fill, it spreads out the fill ups between paychecks. So you always can have gas to get to work/school. Nothing worse than 1-2 days before payday and your outa cash and gas!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #48
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

I'm getting about the same with mine as well. While now I spend about $70-80 a tank to fill, it spreads out the fill ups between paychecks. So you always can have gas to get to work/school. Nothing worse than 1-2 days before payday and your outa cash and gas!
Story of my life
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Mines a 90, I thought filler mod was 92+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #50
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
Mines a 90, I thought filler mod was 92+
Possibly.. I'd have to go back and look. Do you have the plastic tank?

Edit: it does looks like 91+ only are u mpfi or carbed? I bet you could swap one out for a bigger one.

My Build Thread
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #51
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes sir

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #52
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So tonight I decided to put a new exhaust manifold in to get rid of an exhaust leak I've had for quite some time now.

I went and got a felpro gasket also but was feeling lazy and decided if the factory thought it was ok without one I would at least try the easy route first sorry Sparrows!!

well I got it all bolted up and I ended up busting off the very last manifold bolt in the block... Mutha @&$%!! I started it up and listened for leaks and so far so good. Time will tell if anything develops and when that time comes ill pull both manifolds off and get that bolt out and put the gasket in.

Wish me luck

My Build Thread
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #53
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haha NO jeep work goes as planned. Prime example.

Quote:
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #54
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't wait too long. You might get rust/corrosion around it making it harder to remove.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #55
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So tonight I decided to put a new exhaust manifold in to get rid of an exhaust leak I've had for quite some time now.

I went and got a felpro gasket also but was feeling lazy and decided if the factory thought it was ok without one I would at least try the easy route first sorry Sparrows!!

well I got it all bolted up and I ended up busting off the very last manifold bolt in the block... Mutha @&$%!! I started it up and listened for leaks and so far so good. Time will tell if anything develops and when that time comes ill pull both manifolds off and get that bolt out and put the gasket in.

Wish me luck
Lol no worries! I'm still going to try the gasket I think. I'll do a write up if I do.

Sucks about the bolt. Whats your plan?

You know the stupidest thing I ever did? I was replacing the exhaust header gasket on my '73 camero years and years ago. It required like a 3" extension to reach between the pipes to work one of the bolts out. I was backing the bolt out and just before the bolt came loose of the block, my wrench wedged against one of the "A" upper control arm bolts.

I tried turning it one more time just to see if it would come out but nope, the bolt still had about 1/4" of threads in the block and now the control arm bolt was totally cutting into the back of my socket wrench, on top of the lever that switches it from "in/out." Couldn't drive it back in, couldn't back it out, couldn't even turn the wrench any more lol.

Had to get out the sawzall to fix that booboo. The vibration and pressure ended up stripping the block threads so I had to retap that too.

Thought I'd share my dumb bolt story lol!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #56
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Lol no worries! I'm still going to try the gasket I think. I'll do a write up if I do. Sucks about the bolt. Whats your plan? You know the stupidest thing I ever did? I was replacing the exhaust header gasket on my '73 camero years and years ago. It required like a 3" extension to reach between the pipes to work one of the bolts out. I was backing the bolt out and just before the bolt came loose of the block, my wrench wedged against one of the "A" upper control arm bolts. I tried turning it one more time just to see if it would come out but nope, the bolt still had about 1/4" of threads in the block and now the control arm bolt was totally cutting into the back of my socket wrench, on top of the lever that switches it from "in/out." Couldn't drive it back in, couldn't back it out, couldn't even turn the wrench any more lol. Had to get out the sawzall to fix that booboo. The vibration and pressure ended up stripping the block threads so I had to retap that too. Thought I'd share my dumb bolt story lol! Cheers
Haha thanks for that laugh. It's always funny to picture it, even funnier is I know exactly what your talking about, I had a '77.

With that bolt, I'll tackle the full removal and extraction in a few weeks after my series of exams subside. I've got 3 coming up this next week and a 20 minute debate presentation next Monday.

My Build Thread
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #57
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Not a whole lot to update.. Got my winch wired back up finally, time to spool up the new cable I got. Threw the top back on the jeep to keep out the dirty bums and tweekers downtown and drove it to school today.

The 35s are not bad at all on the freeway. I think it really moves 65-70 mph up into the powerband nicely. Trying to make it up a long hill on the freeway is another story!!

Here she is out of her habitat. Muddy 35s lookin boss I think!

My Build Thread
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #58
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not a whole lot to update.. Got my winch wired back up finally, time to spool up the new cable I got. Threw the top back on the jeep to keep out the dirty bums and tweekers downtown and drove it to school today.

The 35s are not bad at all on the freeway. I think it really moves 65-70 mph up into the powerband nicely. Trying to make it up a long hill on the freeway is another story!!

Hahaha dirty bums and tweekers, love it!
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #59
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Looking so, so sexy!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #60
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So last night I installed a new terminal for my winch hoping it solves my shorting issue, but with no luck... Now the other side is heating up... I think I'm going to have to install a distribution center for all my accessory wires... :

Today I took Ruger for his first ride in the jeep to go wash it!

He already wants to drive it

Serious faces.

My Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.