Another YJ Build......GenRight Style - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Another YJ Build......GenRight Style

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #106
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyman View Post
I made a bracket for my Viair compressor and Viair 1 gallon tank that was under my battery tray is now mounted to the left inner fender between the fender and the brake booster.

Made new P/S return hoses, brake lines off the master cylinder and made a bracket for my new coolant overflow tank. It only came in chrome
Pretty ingenious idea there with the compressor bracket coming off the tower hoop. I like that.

Who makes that overflow tank? I'm running into space issues myself with no inner fenders and that looks to be the perfect size.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #107
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred007 View Post
Back a couple of pages, you showed your steering setup. I saw the Genrite twisted pitman arm and the heim joints, was curious about the knuckle. What setup is that? I have to do something there and am considering the MORE bolt on setup as I can't use the Teraflex high steer knuckle. Thanks for any info you can share. Nice build thread!
The steering knuckle is a Reid Racing, Chevy style without the molded tie rod arm on the knuckle, the flat top arms are from Artec Industries, the little drag link mount on the right steering arm is from GenRight. I bought the Reid knuckles used from a guy on pirate4x4.com, everything else was new.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

[url]www.InlandJeepFreeks.com[/url]

My Build:

[url]www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/another-yj-build-genright-style-1326607/[/url]
caddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #108
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAddOnsChris View Post
Pretty ingenious idea there with the compressor bracket coming off the tower hoop. I like that.

Who makes that overflow tank? I'm running into space issues myself with no inner fenders and that looks to be the perfect size.
It's a Viair 1 gallon air tank. I just welded a piece of 2" angle iron to the tubing of the fender. I had the tank mounted under the battery but never really liked the location. It fits nicely attached to the fender.

The coolant overflow bottle/tank is from Mr. Gasket, I ordered it through Summit Racing. The bracket it came with was a joke ( I made my own) and I'm a little worried about the clear plastic sight tube but we'll see!

My Build:

Unread 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #109
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I was referring to this pic with the compressor. Nice fit on the tank as well though!

Thanks for pointing me to who makes overflow tank. We're a dealer for Mr Gasket/Accel/Mallory, but I had no idea that they even made these. Learn something new every day.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #110
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAddOnsChris View Post
Sorry, I was referring to this pic with the compressor. Nice fit on the tank as well though!

Thanks for pointing me to who makes overflow tank. We're a dealer for Mr Gasket/Accel/Mallory, but I had no idea that they even made these. Learn something new every day.
Oh, I had to make the bracket on the back side of the compressor that attaches to the A/C compressor mount and the two tabs that I welded to the back side of the shock hoop. It's kinda hard to see in the picture but it supports the other side of the air compressor.
jeep-build-part-21-021.jpg  

My Build:

Unread 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #111
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a few updated pictures.

I had to remake my "C" pillar roll cage frame tie in on the drivers side because of the fuel filler hoses were in the way with the GenRight fuel tank.

I just cut off the original tabs, made one new tab and connected the other side to the rear shock hoop, turned out pretty good even it I say so myself

I bought a new GenRight stubby bumper but I wanted to make my own grill/winch guards. So I started bending tubing and this is what I came up with.

I welded a 1/2" flat strap to the inner edge os the hood that I cut off to stiff the edge up a little and make the edge not so sharp, then grinding it smooth.

I installed a new Poison Spyder drop down tail gate, but really don't like the tramp stamp. One real complaint I have with Poison Spyder is there logo on everything they make, makes me feel branded!

I just dropped a load off to the powder coater.

Next update should be assembly
jeep-build-part-22-001.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-002.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-003.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-004.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-005.jpg  

jeep-build-part-22-006.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-012.jpg  

My Build:

Unread 07-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #112
TrailersPlus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Its coming along nicely. Tie-ins look sweet.
TrailersPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #113
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I really like that bumper and your tube work. I'm toying with something like that right now. I like how it keeps branches off the paint when you're tearing through stuff.

Something similar around the windshield may be nice too...
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #114
mynameislarry
2000 TJ Wrangler 

that bumper is comming out great! and i definitely agree about poison spyder's logo, it keeps me far far away from their products
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #115
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameislarry View Post
that bumper is comming out great! and i definitely agree about poison spyder's logo, it keeps me far far away from their products
In this case I was able to easily make my own lower section (tramp stamp)out of aluminum plate and lose their logo.

I have a few friends that have a lot of Poison Spyder products on their Jeep's and it starts to be too many Spyder logo's on the Jeep. Most of the stuff I got was from GenRight, for the most part you wouldn't know just by looking at it.

Now if the PS stuff was really cheap or free, then I would have a different opinion about having it all over my Jeep, but of course it's not so I don't!

Just my .02
tramp-stamp-driveshaft-tailgate-002.jpg  

My Build:

Unread 07-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #116
WellsR
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Front bumper is beautiful
WellsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #117
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Front bumper is all welded up, ready for some color.
jeep-build-part-22-013.jpg   jeep-build-part-22-014.jpg  

My Build:

Unread 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #118
WellsR
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What color?
WellsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #119
mynameislarry
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyman View Post
In this case I was able to easily make my own lower section (tramp stamp)out of aluminum plate and lose their logo.

I have a few friends that have a lot of Poison Spyder products on their Jeep's and it starts to be too many Spyder logo's on the Jeep. Most of the stuff I got was from GenRight, for the most part you wouldn't know just by looking at it.

Now if the PS stuff was really cheap or free, then I would have a different opinion about having it all over my Jeep, but of course it's not so I don't!

Just my .02
gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #120
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellsR View Post
What color?
Just satin/flat black

My Build:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.