Another YJ Build......GenRight Style - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Another YJ Build......GenRight Style

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 05-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #271
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyman View Post
My rear D44 was 61" then I put 2" spacers on making it 65" but at the time I had 4.5" BS wheels. Now my rear axle with the 14 Bolt is 67" with 4.75 BS wheels and clears fine.

BTY My desk top crashed last week and I lost ALL my photos for the last five years. I 've sent my hard drive out to try and recover 1000's of photos. Best Buy couldn't do it in house, hope I can recover the photo's
If it wasn't the hard drive that crashed it should be easy. Here's to hoping.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #272
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice rig Caddyman!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #273
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the compliments!

[url]www.InlandJeepFreeks.com[/url]

My Build:

[url]www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/another-yj-build-genright-style-1326607/[/url]
caddyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #274
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Caddy, how's things with the jeep been going?

I keep coming back and reading this entire thread and every time I come back to it I am more amazed at how awesome a job you really did with it.
BTW, all my Gen Right stuff is on it's way minus King C/O's as I'm doing the ROI struts instead. Your build was definitely inspiration to move along with my build.
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #275
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post
Caddy, how's things with the jeep been going?

I keep coming back and reading this entire thread and every time I come back to it I am more amazed at how awesome a job you really did with it.
BTW, all my Gen Right stuff is on it's way minus King C/O's as I'm doing the ROI struts instead. Your build was definitely inspiration to move along with my build.
Thanks, the Jeep is doing good. I just had to have the cay convertor replace to pass smog and the Atlas is leaking out od the front and rear seals. But other than that its been working good. I was just at GenRight a week ago with a friend of mine picking up his Legend kit. I was able to see there new install/fab shop. Keith gave us the .10 tour. Everyone at GenRight has always been really great to me and all my friends!

Good luck with your build and feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I'm happy to help.

I got a new pc a couple of months ago and lost all my old photos of the build. all I have left is what I posted on here. For some reason the photos I have are too big to post on here and I'm not pc savvy enough to resize the pictures so I haven't posted any recent pictures.

My Build:

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #276
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Keith is the one that has been helping me out. You may have seen my pallet of stuff sitting around there last week getting ready to ship. If I was about 400 miles closer I would have driven down there myself and saved a few hundred bucks.

I'm sure I will have a thousand questions for you and here is the first one . Since you mentioned Atlas, I am about to shoe horn this in my jeep this weekend and I don't want to pull it back out. Do you remember where yours was clocked and did you have to mod anything to get it to fit using the genR skid? Right now I have mine at the least rotation which is 7* I think.

Gotta figure out the pic issue so I can see more of your jeep and your adventures. Maybe one of these days when I'm finished I'll make a trek up to one of your outings and learn some stuff.
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #277
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post
Keith is the one that has been helping me out. You may have seen my pallet of stuff sitting around there last week getting ready to ship. If I was about 400 miles closer I would have driven down there myself and saved a few hundred bucks.

I'm sure I will have a thousand questions for you and here is the first one . Since you mentioned Atlas, I am about to shoe horn this in my jeep this weekend and I don't want to pull it back out. Do you remember where yours was clocked and did you have to mod anything to get it to fit using the genR skid? Right now I have mine at the least rotation which is 7* I think.

Gotta figure out the pic issue so I can see more of your jeep and your adventures. Maybe one of these days when I'm finished I'll make a trek up to one of your outings and learn some stuff.
That's a nice set up, LS3? 4L60e? How you dealing with the smog? I'm looking into doing a V8 swap but concerned about the exhaust routing and dealing with a smog ref.

Not sure where I have it clocked at? There's a picture on page one the shows the Atlas installed, with the new 4 link cross member/skid plate will hang down about 2" or so below the frame.

I drove up to Yuba City/Grass Valley to buy this Jeep about four years ago, would love to hook up with a fellow Jeeper to go wheeling. I get together with Keith several times a year, just seems like we are always at the same places.
atlas-installed.jpg

My Build:

Unread 07-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #278
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You got it, LS3/4L60E. I got the LS3 E-rod crate motor, which comes CARB certified as a package for pre OBD-II vehicles. It came with everything including the evap, cats, two sets of manifolds, complete wiring including the new fuse block, gas pedal, sensors, everything. Not sure exactly what I have to do for smog when it comes time, may have to go to a ref the first time. I'm a bit worried about exhaust as well having to use the 4 small CAT's. I know I saw pics of that red gen right YJ with an LS1 in it I believe.

You might have yours clocked one more hole down than mine is right now, hard to tell. I'm going to have to measure it but I don't have the skid yet so didn't know if it would work like it is now without cutting into the tub. I put a 1" BL on to try to avoid that. If yours all fits in there at that rotation with the gen right skid and not mod anything else ( I believe you have a 1" BL?) then I may go ahead and clock it down another hole. The holes are 3/4" apart though and seemed like it point the driver side down too far.

It would be fun to hang out and do some different stuff with some pretty seasoned guys, I'm going in this a bit amateurish even though I have owned this jeep for 18 years ..
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #279
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, I have a 1" BL and also a 1" raise motor mounts. My Atlas just barely clears my tub, in fact it's really close. I tried to clock it up more but I was having clearance issues and didn't want to cut the tub if I didn't have to.

I didn't buy GenRight's skid plate, I made my own but just like there's and fits the same. They hadn't finished there new skid plate for the new cross member so I just made my own. They both came out the same though. I would say with my Atlas where it is and the skid on I have about 1" clearance between the skid and the Atlas.

Have to started a build thread for yours yet? I would love to follow it!

My Build:

Unread 07-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #280
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for that info, much appreciated. All my Gen Right stuff is here but I need to set up a delivery time. I'll be test fitting one more time it seems with the skid plate. My struts are like another 8 weeks out though so that's a bummer, will have to make some fake shocks for ride height.

Good job on making that skid, it looked the same as theirs so I made an assumption. Maybe their new one is based off yours ..

I didn't start a build thread yet as didn't think anyone would look at it, or call me a tard for doing an LS3 in a YJ, lol..
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #281
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Started a build thread caddyman. It's not much but it's a start and I'm horrible about documenting stuff...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9.../#post15773776. I have some questions for you I'll take to PM though.
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #282
Tugger

What C/O rates did you end up going with? Measurement to frame at belly?
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #283
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
What C/O rates did you end up going with? Measurement to frame at belly?
Coils are 150/250

Belly is 22" from the ground at 15 psi in the tires currently. I normally run the tires 7 to 8 psi but measured just not there at 15 psi. I think that's what you were looking for?

My Build:

Unread 10-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #284
Tugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyman View Post
Coils are 150/250

Belly is 22" from the ground at 15 psi in the tires currently. I normally run the tires 7 to 8 psi but measured just not there at 15 psi. I think that's what you were looking for?
Yes, thanks.

I just finished 4 linking the rear of my YJ with 14" Kings 150/200 and have 7" of shaft showing and sitting way to high. Bottom of the flat skid is right at 23" on 35" KM2's and I was shooting for 20".

Just trying to get an idea of where you were and where I need to get.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #285
caddyman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
Yes, thanks.

I just finished 4 linking the rear of my YJ with 14" Kings 150/200 and have 7" of shaft showing and sitting way to high. Bottom of the flat skid is right at 23" on 35" KM2's and I was shooting for 20".

Just trying to get an idea of where you were and where I need to get.
I have about 5" of shock shaft showing at ride height. I'm thinking my belly pan is around 20-21 with 7lbs. in the tires.

My Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.