Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another YJ Build......GenRight Style

120K views 355 replies 81 participants last post by  caddyman 
#1 ·
This is my story and I'm sticking too it. :D

Here are a few picture when I got started.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry, I guess I should explain better.

SOA is coming off, it's been good for me for the last couple of years but now it's time for something better.:D

Front will be stretched forward 2" and have GenRight's 3 link set up with King coilover's and King air bump stops.

PSC Extreme hydro assist kit with high steer arms, Reid flat top knuckles, and GenRight's cross over steering.

Rear is going to be stretched backward's 6" and have GenRight's Double Triangulated rear 4 link set up, King coilovers, King air bump stops and GenRight's Crawler gas tank. I made a new custom full belly skid.

Also have to buy new Rocker guards and rear corner guards because of the stretch.

#5 ·
Yeah I dont have the mad skills you do. I would still just be happy with SOA. I love SOA jeeps they just look like they were meant to be that way from the start. I prefer leafs over coils I am not sure why I just do. I used to have a TJ and it got totalled. Now I have my YJ and I like it much much better. I guess I just like loud obnoxious vehicles though.

#6 ·
This should be cool. :)

#7 ·
Few more......

Attachments

#12 ·
Lookin great! Subscribed!

I drool over this kit all the time....but not at the price tag. One of my fav episodes of Xtreme 4x4 is when they did this kit to a TJ.

One question tho:

What are you doing with your current corners?
I sold them already with the Rock sliders.

#15 ·
This is when I was putting the cross member in and making the new 1/4 thick skid plate. My old TeraFlex skid was 3/16 and was beat to hell, hoping the thicker one will hold up better.

The frame was spead out a little more than it should have been, she's showing her age. lol

Attachments

#16 ·
Here's a few updated pictures

Attachments

#17 ·
Update's!!!

Attachments

#18 ·
I just picked up that gas tank skid today, it seems to be pretty beefy but I have a strange question for you concerning it:

Could you drill through it and mount some rock lights on it without interfering with the gas tank behind it? I haven't dropped my tank yet so I have no idea about how it fits and if a carriage head would intrude on the tank's space inside.

Great build by the way! Can't wait to see it finished!

#19 ·
I just picked up that gas tank skid today, it seems to be pretty beefy but I have a strange question for you concerning it:

Could you drill through it and mount some rock lights on it without interfering with the gas tank behind it? I haven't dropped my tank yet so I have no idea about how it fits and if a carriage head would intrude on the tank's space inside.

Great build by the way! Can't wait to see it finished!
I don't think there would be enough room.

#21 ·
few more updated pictures.

cycling the suspension, looking for anything binding

Attachments

#23 ·
Here's a few updated picture's.

Got the frame notched for the shock towers and bump can's.

Attachments

#24 ·
I finished welding the rear shock towers, bump stop cans, made the skid plate with the transmission/transfer case support. Also cut out the original rear cross member and made a new one to better clear the axle truss.

Attachments

#25 ·
I painted the axle and frame, then reinstalled the rear axle and links. Made new fuel, evap and brake lines to the rear. Also installed the bump stops.

Attachments

#28 ·
i wanna see, it looks sick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.