AND Another LJ Rubicon Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AND Another LJ Rubicon Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #76
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You standing on Cleveland Rock gives a good perspective of its size
I'm 6'2'' and 215lbs just to put things into perspective. I don't have the intestinal fortitude to hit that wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Hmm. Don't think my SWB TJ would stand a chance on Cleveland rock.

Stretch Jeep to 110" before Colorado trip, check.
Some of the guys I wheel with saw a 103'' wheelbase LJ doing it last year. I couldn't even imagine doing it in mine. It's a make it or roll it deal from the looks of it. If you slide left or right..you're dumping it.

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #77
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome Trail shots. That is how all trails should be explained. And if I ever get out there, you could probably talk me into trying Cleveland Rock with a good spotter and a lot of winches on hand to save my a**
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #78
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If it was dry...I may have put the front end up on it but I doubt my rig could drive it.

You have to fully commit once the front tires hit the slab.
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #79
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
If it was dry...I may have put the front end up on it but I doubt my rig could drive it.

You have to fully commit once the front tires hit the slab.
Only two answers after you commit... make it or not.
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #80
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Only two answers after you commit... make it or not.
Very true! I would feel safer with a better cage and no doors or top just in case the Jeep did go over.
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #81
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Great pics. I love Holy Cross trail. The first time I saw Cleveland Rock I looked at it and just said no. The second time I drove it up the right side but it is a monster.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #82
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Very true! I would feel safer with a better cage and no doors or top just in case the Jeep did go over.
Theres lots of cage builders near you ....
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #83
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
Great pics. I love Holy Cross trail. The first time I saw Cleveland Rock I looked at it and just said no. The second time I drove it up the right side but it is a monster.
I would try the right side if it were dry. Wet seems impossible.

Quote:
Theres lots of cage builders near you ....
Thinking about a Poly Performance cage down the road. First its getting gears and RCV's. Once the 35's sell, I'll find some 37's and some 17'' wheels.

Then I can't stop thinking about going either 2 routes with the Jeep.

1. Rock Krawler 4'' stretch long arm.

2. Genright/Poly 3/4 link long arm and modular under armor.
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #84
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've been looking at going with a hood hoop in the front and can't find anything that will work.

Mainly looking for something that will bolt on top of the Savvy front bumper. Any thoughts?
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #85
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I doubt you will find something that will bolt onto the Savvy bumper. All the ones I've seen weld on.

Are you tying it into anything or just adding the hoop? I don't think those hoops really prevent any damage by themselves.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #86
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ
I've been looking at going with a hood hoop in the front and can't find anything that will work.

Mainly looking for something that will bolt on top of the Savvy front bumper. Any thoughts?
I don't know of a bolt on one. But lots of places like genright and bluetorchfab sell pre bent hoops that could easily be welded to a flat plate with some holes that could bolt onto a couple of the factory frame bolts

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #87
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I doubt you will find something that will bolt onto the Savvy bumper. All the ones I've seen weld on.

Are you tying it into anything or just adding the hoop? I don't think those hoops really prevent any damage by themselves.
I know Currie and Genright use to make one that used the winch mounting holes in the frame.

I'm not tying anything into it. As far as looks goes, yeah it does look good and I hope I never use it. It's kinda like a very nice roll cage. I hope I never have to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I don't know of a bolt on one. But lots of places like genright and bluetorchfab sell pre bent hoops that could easily be welded to a flat plate with some holes that could bolt onto a couple of the factory frame bolts
That's what I was thinking. The pic of the Jeep that I posted has his hoop welded to his winch plate.

Old currie design http://www.quadratec.com/products/12056_202.htm
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #88
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you cant find what you want I could bend you one up and weld tabs on the bottom . You would then drill the holes and bolt it to your frame.
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #89
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you cant find what you want I could bend you up one up and weld tabs on the bottom . You would then drill the holes and bolt it to your frame.
I wouldn't mind taking you up on that. Okla, he does pretty nice stuff.
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #90
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

G I might take you up on that.

Shop you a PM. I'd like to see something like the Currie design that uses the existing frame bolts and possibly allow the factory tow hooks and fog lamps. I know...it's getting crowded in that area.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.